Don't Starve Weight Gain Character Mod

Since you put it that way, Steam’s policies have, of course, led to mods like this being posted on other sites like LoversLab, NexusMods, GameBanana (hidden behind an NSFW wall that can easily be bypassed with a button click similar to that one Sonic Mania mod involving Amy Rose), etc.

3 Likes

I think it might be that the mod author didn’t have permission to reupload an edited version of someone else’s mod. I don’t know if they did or didn’t have permission, the workshop page didn’t say while it was up. It could be the fetish content, but considering that the stellaris weight gain mod is allowed to stay up with more explicit content than this one, It’d be my guess that it’s the former.

1 Like

But THE_DIALOUGE, I can’t seem to find anything other than wakako!
Oh, I know ;D

(yes this is a fat furry girl but it’s all i could find, really hope you like it)

5 Likes

if im being honest here i dont know how you guys find this stuff

you guys are good

4 Likes

lol I just looked online for like 5 hours and boom

3 Likes

Weird. I can’t find Lily when looking on the steam App, and if you go on Spiffy (the dev)'s page, it says they only have 1 workshop item, a different character. Was it deleted? Is steam suppressing it?

2 Likes

No, they unlisted it. Simply put, they got too much hate, and I had to scroll through their twitter page for a while to find it.

2 Likes

ohhh fair enough. A shame honestly, I know it’s not exactly the mainstream but I wish you could have more niche or even fetishy content without getting slammed for it.

2 Likes

do you know, does the character gain weight or are they just always a certain size?

2 Likes

They stay at the same size (sad)

On the plus side though, they won’t get skinny :smiley:

2 Likes

Terrible shame that fetish-related mods for games like DS/DST are critically panned on Steam these days. That’s why there are other sites like GameBanana, though fetish-related mods (like the Fat Amy mod for Sonic Mania Plus) are hidden behind a wall that labels them as NSFW that can be easily bypassed.

4 Likes

A lot of fat-related stuff is criticized a lot. In an art group I belong to on Facebook, whenever somebody draws even a pudgy character (especially a pudgy female) there’s always some people that’ll loudly denounce//criticize the artwork.

Fortunately our mods for that group are pretty good, and such people get banned fairly quickly, but it’s still disheartening.

7 Likes

I’m just sad because I have to log in to Steam on browser to download this instead of just searching in app, and I ended up locking myself out by forgetting my password lmao

1 Like

I use a program called KeePass to keep track of my passwords. The only “password” I have to remember at that point is the Master Password for my KeePass database.

3 Likes

Seeing the Lily mod reminded me of when j8867bbw made a few Don’t Starve Cherry character concept images, that was some time ago and I haven’t checked their Twitter for some time (because it’s private now) but looked really cool.

1 Like

It’s too bad j8867bbw thinks their above making fat girls nowadays.

1 Like

Is that what happened? I heard that it had something to do with Korean obscenity laws from somewhere.

2 Likes

That is the most common thing I have heard whether or not it is actually the case I’m not sure.

1 Like

they still make art fyi, it is just region locked, jeeze people need to calm down

clarification on the law in question: the obscenity law was put in place by the Korea Communications Standards Commission to go after any and all sites/creators who publicly created or distributed adult material, and as a result j has made most of their work a one on one private korean exclusive

6 Likes

I know I’m necroing a thread, but I think it’s warranted.

I’m the one who made the Wakako rework you were talking about earlier. I didn’t want a fetish mod associated with my name. If you still have modded Wakako in your computer, I give you full permission to post it anywhere. I do not have the files on hand anymore, sadly. Don’t credit me or anything.

4 Likes