[English Translation] - The Witch and I (ぼくまじょ by @tuki_tarou)

It is a little disappointing that the project has been abandoned, but I think it is a reasonable decision.
However, I am happy that my work has stimulated your creativity.
I look forward to seeing more of your original works in the future.

Let’s do our best for each other!

16 Likes

Gonna leave a note, here: The version without the editing files is missing an animation file for reacting to basic attacks from enemies, so it stops working if you don’t kill everything in one hit and the enemy returns fire.

Edit: Some audio files seem to be missing, as well, but they don’t stop the game in its tracks when they fail to load. I get the feeling that a script was used to compile this one to save space, and whatever script that is sucks at actually knowing what files are and aren’t in use. I’m seeing this with a lot of recent RPG Maker projects.

7 Likes

You are absolutely right.
Here’s the stupid part: it’s RPG maker’s own compilation script. Whenever Mega finishes taking my file, I’ll be linking a version that I didn’t use the “remove all unused files” functions, and that should work.

In the mean time, I’ll take down that link to a broken game. I may be done working on this, but I have enough pride to not leave something that just doesn’t work up to frustrate people.

This should work.

6 Likes

Thanks for your work in translating this, the quality is so much better than a machine translation. It’s short, but I agree that the gameplay loop is really engaging. Looking forward to what you tackle next!

2 Likes

I’m glad you appreciate it.

I’ve paused my game-dev aspirations for now to work on a tall sprite generator using my own created bank of sprites and the Universal Sprite Generator I found on Steam. Not entirely sure if it’ll work the way I want it to, but if it does it could be a breakthrough for mass-producing tallsprites quickly.

However, if any interesting RM MV games pop up in Japanese, I may be tempted to translate them if I see them.

6 Likes

A bit disappointing, this and the Maid game were my favorites.

The base concept of a crafting-RPG game makes a lot of sense for something like this, and I’ve only seen this and the Fertile Farm game do anything like that.

1 Like

There’s quite a bit going on in this thread, what should I download?
I see a mod, editing version, there’s a lot of download links.

Post~25 for the pure, translated game.
My last post with a link around 43-ish is the final modded version.

1 Like

what maid game are you referring to? I’m not sure if I’ve played a game like this about a maid.

A new japanese weight gain RPG from @3GPG93kDyAAWbKS on twitter - Projects - Weight Gaming

1 Like

Feeding the fairy fairy cake doesn’t remove fairy cake from my inventory but removes fairy pancake instead (or nothing if I have no pancakes?)

anyone else get this?

1 Like

Does anyone know where to get the original JP version of this? I can read JP so would prefer to play that, but searching around for ぼくまじょ doesn’t pull anything relevant up, other than this thread.

The creator has an account here @tuki_tarou . But I would assume their twitter might have it.

3 Likes

How do I get past the part where the Witch sends me to the village?