EVORIA - A Stuffing/Vore Themed RPG!

good game just has some music errors

It has some slime vore when the girl ends up going through the cave by herself, so pretty similar to this one.

Well I have to say this is a VERY GOOD start to a great game because the story right now is fun and has room to grow, the characters are fun but I feel like this game needs some side quests so you can learn about this world and the day to day on the people but that just my opinion keep up the good work.

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t usually bite into the RPGMaker projects scattered around these forums, but. Wow. I am, quite glad to have tried this one out. Our two protags work well together, the supporting cast(I’m even including the monsters here too!) are all fun in their own rights, the system of gameplay is…actually rather refreshing. And the writing is on point! I will certainly be eagerly awaiting the chapters to come!
(Although, if I may make one, suggestion, if you plan on saves working between these updates, maybe make a save-prompt inbetween chapters? Just a small idea.)

1 Like

So, lemme first echo all the Some Bullshit comparisons. I won’t say what’s already been said a thousand times, just that it felt a little too similar here and there. I mean, right down to the whole “fighter is gone in slime cave, heroine eats slimes” plot point. It’s by no means a huge deal, just something to be conscious of going forward. Just need to make sure to differentiate the game in the future. Now, on to other stuff.

You’ve got a really good project here! I really enjoyed it so far, and am very much looking forward to the rest. I really like your descriptions, (though I am biased because I’m a sucker for object swallowing) and the scenarios were pretty fun. Also, not having random encounters is HUGE for me. Fuck random encounters. I have a few small critiques, but overall I very much enjoyed it. One thing is that the dialogue feels a little unnatural here and there. It’s nothing egregious, but sometimes the conversations felt forced or the progression of a conversation would feel unnatural. If you can, I’d reccomend asking someone to look over your dialogue. Just to make sure it flows! Another thing is that the game’s pacing is somewhat fast. Of course, I’ll take a fast paced game over a game that takes 8 billion years to get into the content any day, but the characters were extremely quick to accept their absolutely insane scenario. It’s minor things like that that really make a story good. Last thing, incredibly minor, but please give Renee a taunt or something. Poor Naomi just gets the shit beaten out of her cause of the AI’s targeting. Let Renee take some of that aggro. For Naomi’s sake.

I played this and had a good time. A little fast with the character relationship pacing, with the two girls being friends very quick, but otherwise a pretty good package all around. I liked the custom music, which always signifies some effort in sculpting the games tone. Another thing that struck me was that, mechanically at least, you had no common RPG Maker game sins. No random battles that took too long, prepping the player for the fights, small contained maps that were clear with the obvious right direction, quick cutscenes with no softlocks. The battles themselves were scaled just right. Not really that hard, but required a bit of thinking and resource juggling.

Fetish stuff has some potential as well. I wish you best of luck in planning out the scenarios. Object swallowing can be fun, but vore with a light hearted tone takes some work, especially if you acknowledge the whole killing side of it. Interested to see where you go from there, if you add in moves or other game mechanics.

For advice, as I said maybe build up the two characters relationships a bit more. They are very friendly at the start when you would think there would be some distrust due to the whole robbery and kidnapping thing that started the adventure. You have some good sound effects, but I would recommend getting some more, and maybe editting them a bit with audacity or something like that. Also, change the battle music!

Good luck, projects like these can be a marathon, so take it slow and make sure you enjoy what you are working on.

10 Likes

Aaaaaa thank you so much!!! I’m really happy you played it!!! Some Bullshit was, like, THE inspiration for making this, so the fact that both you and Clinko have played my silly little project makes me legitimately ecstatic!!

Also, thank you so much for the criticisms! The stuff you said really helps, and it’s especially great to hear comments like that coming from literally the person who made the thing that inspired me to make my own thing! Your kind words mean SO much to me!!!

When pushing on, I’ll make sure to take your words to heart!! I’m really happy you played this, and I hope you stick around to see what’s coming!!

PS- Can’t wait for the big Some Bullshit finale!! =D

3 Likes

I think I might be fine with that, especially if Naomi or Renee is the one eating people. I also kind of like the fact that vore is now a bit more unique and special in this world whereas in rpgs like Nyan Adventures or God Complex; vore is so ubiquitous and average it feels like we are playing as a snack rather than a vore predator.

2 Likes

Is your game going to emphasize more fights like with the snakes and slimes, or scenes like the dinner?

2 Likes

Definitely the scenes. There are gonna be plenty of fights, don’t get me wrong, but the clear focal point, especially moving forward, are scenes similar to the feast one. Some will have more player input, some will be shorter or longer, but all-in-all, the little cutscenes are definitely the meat of this project!

6 Likes

Interesting story :slight_smile:

Finished playing through it and firstly just want to say that this a well made game with real care and passion put into it. I’m eagerly looking forward to the next update!

Story: While the story has only just begun I can tell theres so many things and paths to explore in the world you have created. My favorite part is the world building you have established I hope you will continue. The village of Scottish faries was superb with their entire mannerisms and humor. Especially like that other NPCs even mention them. You definitely are a good writer with the ability to make the world come alive.

Characters: I thought at first the characters were a bit bland, sheltered rich girl, random thief/companion, seem familiar. I was pleasantly surprised when they had interesting backstories and characteristics that fit them well and allowed for more depth in future updates. I do think the thief could get some more backstory as right now her basis is being a more kind than she thinks. Also really like the belly sister thing lol, very cute. Hope to see more interactions between the two and explore their eating, bellies, and burps. Maybe Renee caves and tries the slimes at some point too??

Mechanics: The battling system is fun and refreshing with Renee’s magic being dependent on her action point instead of mp. As for Naomi, maybe her eating the slimes could also refill her mp a bit since it makes sense and would make mp management easier.

Sounds: I really like the music that you use for the different scenes and it really elevates the attention to detail. The one gripe I have in the sound department is the variation of burp sounds being used. I feel they are a bit repetitive in how they sound. You could start with the burp files from Some Bullshit and then add more. I know @rockysavannah has a good drive of them. I also feel that using overtly fake burp sounds should be avoided if possible. Sometimes when you expect a big burp from eating a large portion a small one plays, so see if you can adjust the right burp sounds with the burp being done. I am a burp fan first so please keep them coming. Maybe a random assortment could play after eating slimes while in battle, or an actual belch ability get unlocked? Just some food for thought.

Last thing I wanted to add was that if there are any artists looking to make art for a solid project with huge potential please reach out to this dev! I read that you’re not an artist so if there is anyone willing, you could make this project go from A to S tier with solid belly art and burp animations!

4 Likes

A really nice start. I definitely appreciated you kept the areas short and sweet, some great jokes along the way and the fights had a good level of difficulty.

Really cool game! I really liked the music It’s so nice, the characters are interesting and the most important thing for me, is that there are not random fights. Good luck with the development ^^

Just finished the game so far. Really great! Looking forward to more!

Thank you so much!!! These are some really good critiques, and I’m especially loving how organized they are haha! I’m glad you enjoyed it, and I’ll definitely take these criticisms into account as I keep working on the next chapter!!

2 Likes

I have an archive of sound effects for stomach noises, eating noises, and burps.

I hope these can help you better implement burps, stomach growls, and other sound effects into your work.

2 Likes

@Forotherpurposes I really cant reccomend these sounds enough if you arent sure you have everything you need. Jeschke remains the uncontested king of vore audio, so I am struggling to imagine that there’s gonna be some sound you need that isnt in that download.

That’s awesome!! I’ve been looking for some more sound effects, so this is super helpful! Thank you so much!!

You’re welcome! I’m happy to help!