ExpanD&D - Expansion and Weight gain themed rules for D&D 5e

I’ve made corrections on that page to properly reflect the wording as it should be, and made a couple of modifications to the rules to make them streamline better. As for the word wrapping, that might be something to be solved with a refresh or a different zoom level because it seems fine on my render.

As for the text, here’s a new link, which I’ve already edited into my previous posts, which should allow you to see the source code if you need it.

3 Likes

What happened to the Sorcerous Origin of Gaseous Power? It was removed from that Adipea RP server due to not being really liked by the server, did you remove it as well based on their desision?

Nope, I just didn’t notice that it wasn’t there anymore when I grabbed the adipea code to use as a base to re-do my work. It’s back now.

Let me know about any other such discrepancies I may have missed and I’ll correct them asap.

Any chance you’d consider making Pathfinder(1e or 2e) versions of this?
If not, kinda tempted to do it myself, using this as a base.

I think someone might have beat you too it, pretty sure I saw an outline for ‘weight gain pathfinder’ on Deviantart. I think the project was defunct, though…

While I enjoy the pathfinder and 3.5 systems, 5e is my favorite system and is the one I can most easily work with in regards to game design. It’s a simple, streamlined system that I can build on and modify with much more ease and skill, and am much more confident in my ability to not break anything with my work than I am with anything pathfinder or 3.5 related.

So probably not.

I’d be willing to run a game if you could give me your discord name and such

I’d like to run this system, if you’d like to join, notify me

Hey, update for everyone! I’ve officially introduced the first prestige class into the system: The Glutton Incarnate.

My personal stance on the power balance of a prestige class in 5e is that they should be a method of super specializing your character, granting them exceptional capacity in one specific area in exchange for what they’re missing in general ability, such as the lack of ability score increases and, often, extra attacks.

The Glutton Incarnate leans all in on the mechanics of this system, with every one of its abilities being about fattening and feeding themselves and others for their own advantage.

I am interested in this.

You should check out Pathfinder 2e then. Think you might really dig that system.

Hey,sorry to bother you but… the new prestige class update really messed up many of the spell pages, their descriptions appear off page.
I really like the prestige class, btw, I’m sure my players will like it as well XD
they’re already massive blobs and will jump at any chance to get even bigger.

1 Like

Sure thing, I’m in. Just send me a pm for deets :smiley:

Fixed that. Also the table of contents is going to be off by a few pages now, but that’s because there’s a preview of my next, perhaps most ambitious addition to this project yet. The opening lore is up on a brand new player class: The Fleshbound, a martial order devoted to the manipulation of the body in the practice of their mystical martial art.

I’m also interested, if you’re still looking for more people.

I’m certainly interested too. Been looking for a new game to join.

Just gave the new prestige class a looksie, and I have… mixed feelings. Part of it is probably just me mixing methods from 3e (always a common problem for me), but at the same time…
Well, the Glutton Incarnate is a class based around one thing, and one thing only: gaining huge amounts of weight.
Which is of course the point, right?
Only, I’ve always thought that prestige classes were supposed to build upon previous class roles; Spellcasters become more magical, warriors become fightier, thieves become more skillfull…
And the glutton does none of that. It mearly gains lots of weight, and cause other characters to gain lots of weight, and nothing else. I suppose that what I’m trying to say is that it feels off-balance, and not much like a DnD class at all, prestige or otherwise, if that makes sense.
Again, I’m probably mixing things up with 3e a little; a lot of the markers I’d use to judge a class role aren’t applicable here, but I figured I’d say my piece.

That certainly does fall in line with a number of 3.5 prestige classes. The problem with 3.5 prestige classes as I saw them, especially certain specific ones, was that a large number of them became must-haves for the chance to create an optimal character. If you didn’t take them you were missing out because they just made you -better-. The prestige classes I liked the most that came out of 3.5 were the prestige classes that let you perform something unique and gave you special abilities that aren’t inherent to a normal class. The Pyremaster from the 3.5 WoWRPG system comes to mind, as a prestige class that was all about acclimation to fire, to the point the prestige class allowed the character to be healed by fire damage and summon burning undead. It didn’t get spellcaster levels, and it was only an average combatant, but it got plenty of powers that were centralized around fire.

That’s the kind of prestige class I prefer to write: Something that allows the player to deviate from their class to get some unique abilities and specialize into a more narrow role, rather than something they need to take to become better at their job.

And the Fleshbound has arrived! They’re something of a unique melding of some aspects of the Monk and the Barbarian, with a unique AC calculation that doesn’t include Dexterity at all, and plenty of fun abilities to play with the rules of this system. If I’m struck with fun ways to make the class more unique and differentiate it better from other classes, it may get a massive overhaul, but I’m fairly happy with where it is right now, barring some balance testing on some abilities that I will just need to get some field testing done to know how I like them.

Fair enough, that is an excellent point, and your prestige class certainly accomplishes that. I suppose I just feel disoriented because of the… limited utility of the class/abilities. It is, again, a great way to get fat, and cause fat, and fits in well with the presented premise…
But it doesn’t seem to contribute to the standard party roles (that is, combat, thieving, magic, and healing). Which means that while the glutton will certainly end up getting incredibly fat really quickly, they’re not gonna contribute to the party, if that makes sense.