ExpanD&D - Expansion and Weight gain themed rules for D&D 5e

So I didn’t know where to share this, so I decided to here. I found this ruleset for Hyrule, and I thought it would be fun to Think up of ideas for an ExpanD&D version.

https://dandwiki.com/wiki/Hyrule_(5e_Campaign_Setting)

Very well, there’s several ongoing campaigns of both ED&D themed 5e games and other non-D&D games with weight gain elements going on right now. At least there is if this is the one you’re referring to: The RetroFeed

I hate to be that guy, but did you get permission to use people’s artwork in any of this?

2 Likes

To head that off before anyone asks, I’ve already responded to that thread, removed the artwork in question, and sent out confirming messages to every artist in each book asking if they’d like me to remove any of their art from any of the books, and to be clear; I will never make any money off any of the contents of these books, specifically -because- I know I don’t own the art in it.

Any content in my patreon currently has no art in it whatsoever until I’m making enough to be able to afford commissions for it, and the work I do on the core ED&D books will always be free and publicly available.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t it make more sense to ask them for permission to use their art rather than making it an opt-out system? That way you know for sure you aren’t using anything you shouldn’t be.

2 Likes

It’s actually just a ‘confirm for me if you’re fine with it’ system, because anyone who doesn’t respond in about a week I’ll just be dropping the art anyway to be on the safe side.

3 Likes

Hello there!

So, first off, I’d like to say that I’m a huge fan of the ExpanDnD system you’ve got going. It’s been the bedrock for all the fat-themed campaigns I’ve been a part of, and it’s really helped to inspire me with my own home brew DnD work.

I heard about the issues you’ve been having with art work for the book, and I wanted to let you know that you can use any of non-commissioned art if you’d like (for commissions, you’d need permission from the commissioner as well.) I’m a huge fan of what you do and I’d be honored to see my art alongside your work! The only pieces I’d like to avoid going in this book would be my official shirt designs and Inktober drawings.

If you’d be comfortable with it, I could even make some custom art for the book!

My gallery can be found at Userpage of Booknut -- Fur Affinity [dot] net. If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know!

Thanks for your time!

4 Likes

That’s some excellent art and I might be reaching out to you at some point about adding some of them into specific places in some of the books. Once I’ve solidified who’s good with their art and who isn’t (at the moment, it’s surprising how the majority of people have come back with ‘yeah that’s totally fine’, but there’s still plenty of people who just haven’t responded, and by next tuesday anyone who still hasn’t will just get removed for safety), there will almost certainly be some voids that need to be filled with fresh art. I can already see a piece or two that I’d like to replace some of the chapter header images.

2 Likes

Can I have a link to that Noxious Dragon artwork that was removed from the book?

That’s wonderful to hear, and I wish you the best of luck with contacting the other artists! I’m very pleased to hear you’re interested in including my art. Feel free to contact me through Furaffinity, Twitter, or my E-Mail (booknutart@gmail.com) when you’re ready to go ahead with my art then. Take care!

Is there a modified character sheet?

I did go about editing a google doc sheet, I’ll go ahead and share a link

all I did was give it a stomach amount, stomach limit, bulk limit, eating skill check, and a diet/exercise point tracker. It doesn’t really have the ExpanDnD in the master list so you’ll have to do some copy and paste work, but otherwise it should be pretty easy to work with.

2 Likes

is there a way to download a pdf version of those books from the op post? if its a patreon only thing i might look into that, but once more of these get filled out and finished I would like to have a digital copy

“print/generate pdf” at the top of the page, right in the middle. Just select pdf as the option.

was hoping for a better pdf file as when I hit print/generate pdf I have to adjust the page margins to have the pages fit correctly as it doesn’t save all of the visual art, example the ExpanD&D Revised, the fancy art trim in the corners of the pages and the flourish art for the book parts are gone

here are screen shots of what I’m talking about, now is this because I’m using firefox and not chrome?

never mind I figured it out, I had to use google chrome