Fatocracy - A Crusader Kings 2 (Base game now free to play) weight gain expansion mod

I was wondering does this work for mac? I followed the instructions but the mod won’t appear on my list.

I can’t say for certain, but I don’t know why it wouldn’t work (unless the mod install directory is different for the Mac version). I don’t have a Mac computer, so I’m not sure how to help. I’d just look for a guide to manually installing mods for Mac and see if that helps.

1 Like

It’s not so much a bug but your character is lacking the hidden flags associated with getting the modifier, I’d recommend just using the potion to get the desired modifier, if you are short cash and are just playing the game straight you can use the event associated with drinking the desired potion

1 Like

Hey, I just wanted to say that I am still working on this mod, sorry for being inactive on this thread for so long. My interest has been mostly focused on the New Vegas mod I’m working on right now, so that’s what I’ve been doing. I’ve been getting back into CK2 again recently now that I’ve started my first multiplayer campaign with someone (not with this mod though).

I have also been working on drawing a lot recently, I feel that I’m ready to start producing my own art for the mod now.

Thank you for your patience, I will be working on this again very soon. I’m sorry.

5 Likes

first of all
don’t worry there’s no rush, we can wait
but also, it’s good to hear that you’ve already found what you want to draw for the mod,that’s sounds great. :yum:

and second I have a question, I was downloading some mods for ck2 and decided to try “LuxariaFantisia” mod. I discovered that in this mod you can hire races for your court such as elves or nekos. The point is that each race and new characters that They include the mod they have their own potraits. I don’t know if you will put more characters for your mod like “LuxariaFantasia” did, but if you plan to do it, will thet have their own potraits?
And if they have their own potraits, when they get fat they will change? :slightly_smiling_face: :thinking:

Ps: I can’t play the fallout new vegas right now to test your mod xD, but it’s due to the limitations of my computer :upside_down_face:, don’t worry, I can’t play it but it seems to be really cool :grin:, keep creating good stuff like that, you have my support :grin: :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks

I’m not going to be adding portraits for the other LF races, I don’t think I’d be able to do so without completely changing the appearance of the character. I also won’t be adding any fantasy races myself. I’m adding special events for Luxuria Fantasia’s races instead making my own fantasy races.

3 Likes

Now this got more interesting, I hope to see what you plan for LF one day, but for now I just have to wait xd.

2 Likes

I can’t help but feel that I’ve been letting people down in regards to this mod. Again, I feel I must apologize for not prioritizing it above my other projects.

I’ve got a to-do list for the next update:

I think the next steps I’m going to take is to start working on the spouse/lover/concubine reactions to weight gain, that has been a planned feature for too long now.

I should start working on making the other weight gain narrative events have more than 1 option.

There’s also the hunting events that I need t finish to wrap up that system. Of course I need to also make the trait images for the related perks.

I need to make the fishing system.

The market needs to implemented for selling furs, meats, and potions.

Have the ability to use the stored food to be used in other feasts.

Has anyone had problems with the hunting system, or has it been working as intended?

8 Likes

First of all, don’t worry, it can happen to anyone not knowing what to prioritize, sometimes it’s hard. :blush: :+1:

About FatocracyHunting, it is some way annoying for me to go hunting, I almost always have bad luck, I do not find anything most of the time and if I find something like a rabbit or a deer, 90% of the time it runs away. An abandoned house doesn’t help me much either, and it happens only once or twice per game. What usually happens to me the most is being attacked by bandits. In short, there are few occasions that something happens to me and I almost always finish hunting without find nothing.

The system works well, although it bothers me that it does not find almost anything, but I have not seen that it causes me any bug, so on the side of finding code errors or something like that in this I doubt that there is any error.

3 Likes

I’ve gotten a start on the reactions to your sexual partners gaining weight. Now, since this is prone to event spam for characters that have a lot of lovers or are part of a religion that promotes multiple spouses or concubines I have a solution to this. When they gain weight, there is only a percentage chance of the partner character noticing. The partner will always notice when in happens to their spouse (I’ll see if I can make it be for primary spouses only), concubines will have a higher chance of being noticed than lovers simply due to how they would be able to be around the partner character more than an illegitimate lover.

2 Likes

That sounds great, I can’t wait for that to come out. :blush: :blush: :blush:

will there be different reactions?
I mean, for example, if a countess likes to gain weight, will she be happy or will she say something like she wants to gain more weight? Or if a countess hates getting fat, will she claim us for serving her too much food? Or also, if a countess does not hate or love getting fat, she will react indifferently? :grin:
Will there be artwork of yours when these events happen? :wink:

Ps: all my lovers are blobs, I’m almost done conquering and fattening all of Europe, I guess it’s time to go to Asia :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The partner can have different reactions, but it’s independent from the character that actually gained weight (meaning that what the person who gained weight chose for their event doesn’t impact what happens to the other character). It’s more of a notification of your character noticing it than anything else, but their choices can impact the two character’s relationship or they could step in if it starts getting out of hand. There will be art for these events as well, but it will probably share art assets with other events.

1 Like

As I said before, I can not wait to see that happen xd. :grin: :+1:
Oh and one last question for now, apart from the interactions that you put when you had increased your weight or the weight of your lover, in the future there will be more things to do with our lover apart going to eat at the inn and fullfill our fat fetish? For example, an exercise session to lose weight together (maybe if they are both overweight or a blob, the event fails), weigh our lover and have her opinion about her weight or make her drink secretly or with her permission A position that makes you feel an uncontrollable hunger that leads to FoodAddiction? (This came to my mind because of what you mentioned about selling potions in the market, I suppose that the player could also make them, find them hunting, or buy them).
But anyway, we’ll see how you surprise us. :laughing: :laughing:

1 Like

I will be doing at least two more things for spouses. I want the ability to have a feast in their honor, and I’m also going to have a system in place for giving potions either knowingly or unknowingly.

1 Like

Sounds Cool :blush: :+1:,when it is in the mod,I Know there will be a feast in my wife’s honor every day :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Question:
if you update the mod, where would we go to get that new version?

1 Like

The download in the first post is the most updated version.

1 Like

Since I’ve gotten quite a few requests for making things related to Roman/Byzantine, I think I’ve got a couple ideas. Now, I don’t have as good of a grasp on Roman history/culture as I would like, so if anyone knows if I got something wrong, feel free to point it out. Also, this in a way can make it more dangerous to play in these areas if you don’t have a dlc that let’s you play as pagans (Holy fury or The Old Gods), so be warned about anything related to converting to Hellenism. I really like playing in this region, and the first idea can actually give Hellenism a chance (very low, but still a chance) to get a foothold without player intervention.

In general, these ideas will all apply to characters who meet the requirements of either living in the Byzantine or Roman Empire or having Roman Culture. Having Greek, Lombardy, or Italian culture will also apply if they are more educated (high learning) for a few of the events.

First is a way to either restore Roman culture and/or Hellenism. When a character gets this event they will get an option to convert to Roman culture, secretly convert to Hellenism (if liege is Hellenic, you will get a second event that let’s you do it publicly), both, or neither. I’m thinking of making it a simple check for characters during the weight pulse to check the above requirements and if they have either the hedonist trait, are a Neko, have the gluttonous trait and is very overweight or have one of the fetish traits. This event will be very rare at first, but the more characters that go through with it will increase the chances for other characters (also those that get the event and deny it will lower the global variable that is tracking this, making it appear less often). Temperate and Kitsune characters that don’t like weight gain will occasionally will get an event that lowers the global variable that handles how often the event appears as well. Italians, Greeks, and Lombardy’s who do not live in either empire will have a chance of this event if they have a high learning stat. Characters living in the Byzantine or Roman empire will not get the option to convert to Roman Culture, but the AI will be a little bit more likely to convert to Hellenism.

Characters with Roman culture, are publicly Hellenic, or live in the Byzantine/Roman empire will have access to a special feast type that provide fairly powerful opinion buffs from vassals if hosted. The drawback is that your vassals if they don’t have a lifestyle trait may become hedonists, which may be troublesome due to the event (culture switching will have a long term effect on your relationship with them, and covert Hellenic cults could have more dramatic long term consequences) I mentioned above and the fact that they get extra diplomacy and fertility. You and other hedonists are at risk of getting the gluttonous trait when hosting this feast.

For those with Holy Fury in the future I’ll probably make a Hellenic religious doctrine that is only available to them when reforming.

I think it’s a mistake to invest dev time into giving more ways to convert to Hellenism or messing around with conversion mechanics. I’m partly biased (I use several mods relating to Byzantium and I’m wary of anything that might clash) but it’s ‘reinventing the wheel’ rather than adding something new, like events for AFTER converting to Hellenism. Once you have secretly converted, the existing system of starting cults as a religious secret society is powerful enough.

If you want an area to focus on, I suggest looking at WG content tied to Bacchus/Dionysus and the festival of Bacchanalia. The way that Roman culture is portrayed as some giant pagan orgy in fiction isn’t that representative outside of certain cults within Hellenic religions, though they may be mildly more tolerant of light excesses.

2 Likes

Alright I will look into the Bacchus festivals and do content based around that then. I think I’ll save the more fictitious depictions of the culture for that reform doctrine, that way those that want more accuracy just doesn’t have to take it, and those that want the wild hedonism can choose it if they want it.

I think you’re right about me needing to focus on newer stuff, so I think the next thing I’m going to work on is to finally add some succession laws into the game. I’m going to start with the basic one I had in mind for a long time, a dynastic elective succession law based heavily around the fatest adult child of the current character.