Fatty Text Adventure Game

ah that would explain why it looked like the old UI.

tbh, i haven’t encountered the manticore yet, which i don’t know where to look for it

It is tied to a random event in the Mountains starts searching around there. Find the wizard tower and tell him no this will give you the manticore fight which can be a pain if not prepared.

1 Like

thanks for letting me know

I’m not sure if the Golden Bracelet works, or if I actually have it. I completed the quest for it, but I can’t figure out what it does exactly, and it’s definitely not in my inventory.

@noone_fa so, i found a bug, the menu for character creation, the pop down menu don’t display the words correctly, like the words are hidden unless you hover over one of them

1 Like

It’s technically not an item, it’s a quest! And it increases your stomach capacity by 5 per level. I didn’t want to create a whole new item slot for only a single item, especially one that could be levelled up, so I ended up using the quest system for it instead. Although at some point I might try to add an accessory item slot, which would make a lot more sense.

4 Likes

Whoops. I forgot the dropdown part of a thing was a different thing than the selected part. I should be able to fix that relatively shortly. Thank you very much!

3 Likes

okay, good to know that i’m able to help (damn 20 character requirement, don’t know why it’s there)

2 Likes

Thank you for letting me contribute! And I’m totally fine with those decisions. To be honest, when I wrote the city flavor text, I thought it would just be added to the rotation of random text available, hence why I didn’t think anything of occasionally knocking someone over. But the way you implemented it is fine, too, of course.

Oh, about that failed squash text you mentioned, though…

"Both his belly?"

Honestly, though, you’re right–it just didn’t occur to me that a high-muscle, low-fat variant might be appropriate. I went ahead and wrote another variant for that scenario, just in case you still want it. It’s a little bit different in nuance, implying that you’re overpowering the Takeout Terror, as opposed to just plain being too big. If that’s not what you’re looking for, though, I would totally understand.

Failed Squash, Muscular Variant

With a growl, the vastly-overfed [species] steps forward and attempts to bulldoze you with his blubber-blown belly. His overabundant flab squishes against your hardened, muscular body as he tries to shove you into the nearest wall, but you manage to brace yourself and push back with all your considerable strength, upsetting his balance. He’s forced to stumble back, his belly rippling and jiggling furiously.

Speaking of typos, I also found this one:

"enemyt.gender.his"

And it just so happens to be for another squashing attack–what are the odds? As before, this one makes some assumptions about the player’s size and musculature, although it’s perhaps a bit more excusable, as the enemy uses momentum to knock you over for the squashing. Nevertheless, I went ahead and wrote a couple alternate scenes where the player is either big or strong enough for it to fail. I leave it up to you whether or not to actually use any of these.

Failed Body Splash, Fat Variant

Suddenly, [he/she] rushes and leaps at you, smashing [his/her] blubbery body into your own. The impact sends visible shockwaves through the thick fat enrobing both of you, but your massive bulk proves too much to topple. The [species] growls in frustration as [he/she] backs away, both [his/her] belly and yours still wobbling as [he/she] does so.

Failed Body Splash, Muscular Variant

Suddenly, [he/she] rushes and leaps at you. You manage to brace yourself just in time as [he/she] smashes [his/her] blubbery body into your unyielding, muscular bulk. Calling upon your formidable reserves of strength, you stand firm and thrust the [species] back, sending ripples through [his/her] oversized belly as [he/she] stumbles away.

Oh, I almost forgot one more little thing: The mountain smithy sells the Great Sword for only 15 gold! That seems suspiciously cheap, considering that other weapons in that tier cost upwards of 70 gold.

2 Likes

Huh. Noone, do you WANT like submitted texts, events, and ideas if they’re balanced?

1 Like

I remember playing this game back on fa on flash, and eagerly awaiting updates. Good to see it here through twine as well.

6 Likes

Thank you very much! Those should all be fixed/added in the current patch! (Except the great sword thing which I forgot about, but it’ll be in the next one)

Thank you so much once again! :smiley:

1 Like

Not at this exact moment really. In the next week or two I might. Although right now I’m just doing minor sort of additions like the ones above here. Although it might be a while before I try to add anything larger.

Lord Almighty, I’m getting some great flashbacks to this game when Flash wasn’t dead! Thank you for bringing back this amazing game!

5 Likes

I enjoy this game very much but I find it very difficult to expand my stomach without debugging…
Is it not difficult to gain weight while playing normally and expanding the stomach?

1 Like

I have to say, this game is bigger than I remembered. Finding an effective loop for gaining weight isn’t hard, but there are actually a lot of scenarios to find–not to mention the different variants they may have based on your own stats. I’m always up for expanding on those variants, of course, but I did just want to say that the amount of content that’s already in the game is impressive.

Anyway, I did find a few more little things to fix up when you get the chance:

1. Stamina doesn’t really seem to do anything other than prevent you from working out. I’m pretty sure that in the original version of the game, you also needed stamina to move from place to place and take action in battle.

2. I’ve noticed that the thresholds for the city flavor text I wrote seem… low? For instance, I’m apparently struggling to walk quietly at 20 fatness (which is still within the lowest weight tier for body descriptions), and by 50+ fatness, I’m already a hopelessly loud fatty. The same thresholds applied to other times of day as well, meaning I was bumping people hard at only 50+ fatness. I didn’t check the threshold for knocking someone over, but I have to wonder about that one as well… For the former two, at least, it feels like they should have had another 0 added onto them…

Screenshots

1. Oh, and I did find a couple typos too.
The typos
  • The scene for submitting to the Bubble Orca mid-grapple has a pronoun error right at the end of it.
Screenshot

• And this bit of random flavor text for the forest (specifically the paragraph at the bottom) is a bit confusing.
Screenshot

I’m guessing it was supposed to read something more like this:

Correction attempt

As more light drains through the tangle of leaves and branches overhead, the most daylight-loving inhabitants of the woods emerge from their dens and start their food chain interplay, and you start hearing the warning cries of the hunted and the growls of the hunters.

All right, I think that’s all for the simple fixes for now–by which I mean things that can be fixed without writing new scenes. As far those are concerned, there are a couple broad categories that I think could use some work:

1. The majority of enemies that eat you when you submit to them. Obviously, there’s some suspension of disbelief involved with vore regardless, but if you have to grind like crazy to be able to swallow an elephant, then why should a random forest wolf be able to swallow you whole even if you’re a hundred times their size? This isn’t as much of a problem for enemies who try to devour you in combat, since you have to fail stat checks for them to be able to do it. (I’m not sure if weight is currently one of them, but it would make sense.) But the “submit” scenes would need to have new variants written.
  2. Enemies that are suicidally overconfident in attacking you. You would think that a typical back-alley thief would think twice before taking on a 10-ton mountain of muscle and fat, but they do it anyway because they don’t have any alternative scenes written for them–no alternate scene for entering combat, and no scene for trying to flee, either.

I haven’t actually sat down to write any such scenes so far, but I wouldn’t mind contributing here and there if it’s something you think would be worth pursuing.

2 Likes

Thank you!
And it might be slightly difficult, although it’s sort of designed to be a long sort of gradual process, for better or worse.

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s pretty large. According to Twine the game has over 237,000 words, which I don’t know how it calculates that, but it’s a lot either way.

And yeah, stamina was one of the next things I was going to try to figure out. The whole travel system changed so I’ll have to figure out a new way to implement it, but I think it should be relatively easy to figure out.

And yeah, you’re definitely right about the text descriptions. Somehow the breakpoints made sense in my mind although I have no idea how I came to that conclusion. It should be fixed in the next patch.

And you’re definitely right about the enemy voreing you thing, although like you said, it requires new scenes to be written. And I don’t think I factored in your weight for any of the actual vore attacks, which I think I mostly did for “balance” reasons and also because again different scenes have to be written for it. Although that said, I think it’s fine to change those.

And same thing for enemies trying to attack you. Although admittedly essentially none of them are in their right state of mind, so you know, it’s not completely out of character for them to take their shot X3

But yeah, if you wanted to write additional scenes for that sort of stuff then that’d be greatly appreciated! And thank you so much again for all the feedback! :smiley:

7 Likes

Wait (defeat) - You don’t resist the floating cutlery, even as they bring flesh slabs of steak, and dripping cups of water to your mouth, even as your belly swells out across your lap, even as the restraints dig harshly into your swelling limbs. Even as the darkness of unconsciousness creeps across your vision, the last thing you are aware of before the void takes you is a ladlefull of stew being poured into your mouth.

Devour (defeat) - Speaking directly to the enchanted cutlery, you ask to be fed everything on the table. You watch eagerly as the cutlery set hovers in place for a moment before bursting into a flurry of activity. Cheek-bulging mouthfuls of ribs, burgers, fruits, steaks, and ice creams of every flavour are roughly pushed into your unresisting mouth before being swallowed, your throat bulging and rippling under your chin [and disappearing between your breasts], each infinitesimally small pause for breath followed by a belch and a gasping demand for more food, until finally you drop into a deepening food coma, the last thing you’re aware of is the soft clattering of cutlery bouncing off of your overstuffed gut and falling to the loamy soil.

Lifted, and slightly editted someoneoutthere’s submission text for the defeat.

The one thing I’d love to see is a more solid version of the eating contest, going up against tiers of opponents. Could possibly be a fun source of OCs, and a reason to try and push for the absurdly high capacity that doesn’t really have a reason to exist beyond “I want to eat a T-Rex”.

Like tier 1 requires a stomach capacity of 100 - 150 to win

tier 2 - 300 - 400

tier 3 - 600 - 650

tier 4 - 1,000 - 1,100

tier 5 - 2,000 - 2,500

5 Likes