Fatty Text Adventure Game

I just went to the hills and tried to find the wells while farming the enemies and gained a shit ton of fat which I then converted it to strength and agility. After that I became very powerful lol

1 Like

I want to become a mage because I don’t want to be muscular and fat. Does endurance make you muscular or is it only agility and strength? Otherwise I’ll only focus on intelligence (I need some quick help, thanksss)

1 Like

All the physical stats (Strength, Agility, and Endurance) add to physicality, but agility and endurance doesn’t add to muscle, only strength does.

1 Like

So, if I put some points on endurance, I won’t get fit or a change of texts calling me fit?

only a few points, yea. It’s dependent on the ratio between those physical stats and your fatness, but it doesn’t really show up until you get those stats to the hundreds or so.

2 Likes

Honestly, when you start getting fatness high enough, it doesn’t really say you’re muscular, more like ‘you’re able to carry your fat’ versus ‘how are you able to move!?’

okay, thanks. Just wanted to know

Thank you very much! Although it still needs a few additions. Namely, what happens if you “wait” until the food runs out. Or what happens if you become defeated during either "wait"ing or “submitting”. Which I can probably just modify from the scenes that are already in there, but still, that might take me a little while.

Either way, thank you very much!

2 Likes

It’s basically just random. There’s a 1/4 chance of the “special event” either being the pile of seaweed, sand mound, raccoon, or Hydra. Although it’s also purely a 1/4 chance, so you can get unlucky and just randomly not see it. Like you can roll a 4 sided die 100 times and not get a 4, although the odds of that are slim.

That said, I’ve been meaning to add a more “semi random” system at some point. Although that essentially requires adding a new series of code for every random event I want to control. That said, I made a pretty convenient version for the mountain special events, so I should be able to add that pretty easily to the other locations. It just might take me a while.

3 Likes

Well, my most recent release has a downloadable version, so now you can download it the easy way! (Unless I messed it up!)

Those are certainly fair. I started changing how shops worked, although I got distracted by doing all the ui stuff and haven’t gone back sense.

And I decided to just remove the stat soft caps. I think generally speaking they should be in there, but also this game isn’t really about balance in the first place, so I’m not really worried if things become “too easy”. Also I’m pretty sure it still won’t be that easy even after removing the soft caps. Part of the problem is that when I originally made the game, people had been holding onto their saves for a long time so people had stats in the 1000’s, so I never really new if anything was balanced or not. That and I don’t really know how to balance things!

1 Like

Yeah, that’s fair. I just changed all the oversized fruits to be stacks of 10 now, since I didn’t want to change “Eat 10” to “Eat 9”. I also sort of considered changing it to “Eat an entire X”, although, that’s probably more trouble than it’s worth. Although it could open up more opportunities to write different scenes based on what food item it was.

4 Likes

The hardest quests I think are essentially the 3 weapon quests you get from the smithy in the Jungle town. Although the Mountainous Tiger and Cabal dragon bosses in the mountains are also on a similar difficulty level.

1 Like

There’s no point to clothes! Really the only point is to outgrow them and explode out of them. Although the nature of clothes means you have to constantly fix them to have that happen again. I meant to have your clothes get repaired every time you got defeated, but I haven’t gotten around to that yet.

Although either way, they basically just exist for aesthetic purposes. Although I could theoretically add basically whatever to them.

And I’ve rebalanced a number of things in the most recent update, although I’m not sure how much that fixes the issues. It should be somewhat easier though.

5 Likes

Also I’ve released a new patch and now the game is downloadable for offline play!

8 Likes

Sorry, finally got around to adding these to the game! Also I went with the “middle” variant of the ones that had variants since they were more inline with the sort of tone I’m trying to set. And I made the ones where you bump into people semirandom so you weren’t constantly knocking people over, although I might change that back again.

I also changed the failed squash thing slightly, because you can be heavier than him without actually being fatter than him by just having a lot of muscle. Although it’s largely the same text for having low fat + high strength.

Thanks so much once again! :smiley:

3 Likes

the new UI has reverted to black and my saves are missing after i opened the game in a new tab.

Hmmm, nothing I did should’ve affected those. Did you open it in a new tab on Itchio or are you using a downloaded version? If you still have the old tab up you should be able to export the saves by clicking on “Save to disk” under the saves menu.

new tab from itch, but the downloaded version is also broken.

edit: i opened the previous tab from my history and its working fine, with the normal UI as well. going to transfer a save and see what happens

edit 2: so the saves were still gone in the old tab, but making a save and transferring the save to the new tab did fix the UI.

Well, the ui can just be changed in the options menu. It defaults to dark, but you can change it to light whenever you want.