Fatty Text Adventure Game

i’d be willing to do enemy art for the game

meat man
suffer

1 Like

Here are some thoughts I had/bugs I encountered while playing the game. Apologies in advance if these have already been said, come off a little harsh, or are overly specific (also a fair bit is just preference. if the game is supposed to be that way, please disregard)

• prompt the player to enter a name rather than just showing the text box
  • personally, I enjoyed seeing the different bonuses to stats that each species got. with the current UI it is rather clunky to go back and forth between species select and species customization to see the differences
  • cobblestone is spelled with two b’s (“You’re standing in the main city of the area. Longer than recorded history this city has stood in the shadow of the eastern mountains, isolated from the goings on in the rest of the world. The coblestone streets are well worn and smoothed over from centuries of horse, cart, and foot traffic. The streets are lined by old wood and stone buildings.”)
  • another UI thing, the right section doesn’t need to have the character description imo. maybe others like it, but it just takes up space in my eyes. the description is already under “status” (I also don’t like having to scroll to see the full thing. maybe put the short description here and have the full description under status instead?)
  • in the dryad’s defeat and escape text, the dryad is referred to as “she” and “its” despite previously being “he” (note: I do have female NPCs off, not sure if that is the cause)
  • this is a minor gripe, but when stamina is depleted in the central square, the player has to click the text link instead of the grid buttons. I understand this is bc the player’s house is where “rest” normally would be, but if there was some way to put both on there that’d be nice
  • after giving Samson his new pants, he offers to give the player something from his stash of stuff, but the option to take something never comes up - not sure if something is actually supposed to happen or if this is just poor reading on my part (similar results on later parts of the quest line as well)
  • the spectrum gem’s icon isn’t loading in the inventory (tested on 2 separate games)
  • it’d be nice if after consuming an item in the invetory the player could choose another item rather than being kicked out of the inventory menu
  • not sure if I’m just doing something wrong, but I can’t seem to get the Smithee quest to move forward. every time I return it just says I’ve started the quest again
  • another minor thing - when the hydra is defeated, the text mentions a female coming over to congratulate and reward the player despite the fact female NPCs are off
  • slime quest part 4 didn’t automatically start but the other parts (besides the first) did
3 Likes

With the revival of the game, I take the opportunity to ask what the “but they’re too lucky” refer to in term of stats. I know some require strenght to be grabbed, other require agi for speed, but lucky?

1 Like

It feels weird to have this 10 year old game back. I still have a downloadable version of the original if i ever needed it.

4 Likes

Hi! I really love that it’s getting a revival.

A thing I noticed is for male-only dryad encounters, if you submit or end up in the scene where you’re berrified, a female dryad still shows up.
I don’t know about other male-only encounter other than this one, so hopefully that can be fixed up. ^o^

I remember this game a long ago and I am super happy to see it here ^w^

Hope there will be updates in the future!

2 Likes

You realize that would take literally thousands of hours and probably a team of like 5 people at the very minimum to make for a couple years, correct…?

4 Likes

If this is a serious suggestion, I’d suggest trying to make yourself! If you manage to finish it, you can probably sell it for a good chunk of money on Steam or some such, and if you don’t finish it, you’ll at least gain some appreciation for how hard game development is so that you’ll be less inclined to make these kinds of requests in the future.

12 Likes

This is actually great advice! At worst, you get all the useful knowledge.

2 Likes

hey guys any tip for the quest The Adventurer’s New Clothes? I got stuck with the tailor and i need to get a set of wizard’s robes for the tailor to fix the old pants?

3 Likes

yeah! there’s a coastal town to the west of the city, there’s a mage’s school there! go there, and there’s a shop inside that sells mage equipmnet. you should be able to buy a wizard’s robe there!

1 Like

Going back to this, thinking about iy, you could create a questline for this, which all started with being sacrificed yourself somehow, then bringing in captured townsfolk (I.E. Thief, Drunk, Takeout Terror) and hauling them off to a wildling footsoldier (basic bitch wilding) which after doing this five or so times, allows you to be viewed as neutral to the faction, with more sacrifices further letting you become more accepted by them.

8 Likes

Hello there, I was trying lately to build my own game in Twine and I can’t figure out how to make that grey - bar thingy on the left side , with stats and save button . I noticed that almost every twine game on weight gaming has it . Could you please tell me any way how to do it or if it is particular story format or CSS code?

1 Like

I u want bar on the left side u need to use “SugarCube” story format. To add text on it u nedd to create passage and name it like this:

• StoryAutor
  • StoryCaption
  • StoryBanner
  • StorySybtitle
  • StoryMenu
  • StoryShare
1 Like

OK, I’ll try it. Thanks!

It works, thank you!

Happy to help :smile:
Let me know when i can try out your game!

1 Like

Ehm, I have actually one more question though. How can I get to a place called desert village in FTAG?

Unfortunately, I don’t know, I don’t even know there is such a village ;p

It’s alright dude :rofl: Maybe it’s only in old flash.