Feed the Crown (Roops' Submission)

@echumxbiaoef Wow! Incredibly thorough! Thanks for typing that up and hiding the spoiler for everyone.

One correction is that there should be 27 crates total—3 per level. 2-1 has one crate unique to each knight as mentioned, but there are two crates as you ascend the stairs to the right. One on top of the stairs, and one on top of the floating platform.

1 Like

Having done it myself I can confirm that no-hit runs are possible, even for the 3rd challenge stages for the bird and cat knight (be prepared to mash your space bar for the cat stage though >w<).

It would be nice for unscathed runs to be recognised by the game, either with a small perk or achievement, or perhaps even a comment from the queen herself?

1 Like

This is splendid. It’s easy to learn, fun to play, and the art and writing are hella cute. It is unforgiving (but I have ways around that), but I give it high marks. I would recommend being able to unlock a gallery mode, though.

1 Like

So it does… My brain just didn’t register that one because I just automatically grab it. Editing the walkthrough now.

1 Like

Maybe a perfect run could be rewarded with a time skip, a la Breakfast Chub. :3

Either way, this was fantastic. Breakfast Chub was my favorite entry last year and I think this may be my favorite this year. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I like it, love the art and everything.
I just have one question about the mouse special maze
How did that pig soldier get in there?

Also, just because I’ve always sucked at platformers, enemy projectiles or not, do you think it’d be possible to put in an easy mode, such as lax guards(slower shots, or less of them) or a mode where there aren’t spikes.
I seriously suck when it’s spikes everywhere and missiles flying at me.

1 Like

is it wrong I want to murder the pig knight and cook them for the queen as extra meats for her? I mean they gotta be pig people right

Teleporktation spell. :pig:

5 Likes

Those dastardly pig wizards.
Also, Maria_house might be onto something, a way to take out the soldiers, probably after the first or second round when you get heavier.

great idea… but from my point of view it would be better to make a fourth expedition (for example a boss fight) because when you complete a perfect run with the mouse’s queen (TOP QUEEN in my opinion) she mentions a secret expedition just for her

3 Likes

It might make the character a little OP, but maybe as our character gets fatter, we could gain .5/1 extra heart? since it’s harder to maneuver around and that makes us more susceptible to taking damage/.

1 Like

Well, if there was a category for funniest hurt noise,this would win(played the cats and not sure if it is different for the other factions) nice job otherwise!

This is game is genuinely fun, and while all the submissions have been impressive this one really takes it for me. Unfortunately I’m terrible at it so far, but I actually want to keep trying! Roops is incredibly talented. I really hope he adds more to it before he puts it down, it can only get better.

1 Like

@Headbutt_King Definitely a thought that I considered! With a more fleshed out future game, I would like to look at health change as a possibility. Maybe even some reptilian animal knights with the ability to regenerate health? Just brainstorming!

@Altair123 Literally laughing out loud at this comment. Sound was the LAST thing I had time to attempt to do (hence the missing music), and I COULD NOT find a cat noise in my sound library. I ended up taking some weird creature growl and pitch shifting it, but it just did not work hahaha. The bird and mouse hit noises are slightly more on point.

@EarthboyJAK Thank you so much for your comment! Definitely planning on fixing bugs and implementing some of the great ideas the community has had. And keep trying–you can do it! I definitely agree with @echumxbiaoef’s recommendation to use the Mouse Knight as a starter character. You have less health, but the levels are generally less challenging!

This game’s in my definite top 3 of the Jam, I’m 100% looking forward to more of it after the Jam’s over.
More levels, more food, more races, maybe a faster way to feed the queens?
Maybe we could collect specific kinds of food, like drinks (maybe beer) that would just make their bellies bigger, while solid food just affects fat overall?
Kinda agree with being able to take out the pig guards, maybe there can be a race that can attack as their special move?

2 Likes

God YES please! I was a bit saddened there were no reptilian queen/knight so I support this idea wholeheartedly~

2 Likes

I would pay for a more polished and complete version of this game

3 Likes

“The birds can fly, and the cats can climb. What makes you special, mouse?”

14 Likes

@ThePlushifier I fucking lost it. Brb, showing this to all my friends who know about the game.

1 Like

I finally beat it for the mouse queen and all I can say is, PLEASE send me on a special mission!

Edit: in retrospect should have blurred that so I did

1 Like