Fill Me Up (Formally "Untitled renpy feedee game") "January" update now available on Patreon.

That’s a new one. Are you playing on PC and what stage are you on?

Are you able to hit the ignore button?

I am a complete amateur with code so don’t expect much but is there any possible chance that adding an " after the .png could resolve the issue?

1 Like

That honestly could be it. The question is why is it happening?

Edit, yep. Somehow your game accidentally a quotation mark. If you open the characters.rpy file and finish line 25 with a ", it should fix it.

I don’t know why it happened though, sorry.

1 Like

Ron_Simmons

yaaaas, that’s what i’m looking for

1 Like

the idea with weights is very good as it will be an incentive to check your weight every day, because sometimes you miss the stages of weight gain, you can also make mini scenes where the main character herself gets up on the scales and either rejoices in weight gain or wonders why this happened

1 Like

Woah.
That would be great for sure.
Still, one might think it can be implemented in a way that wouldn’t require substantial refurbishment of the whole project.
As some people have said, it can be an optional sort of content, like a game expansion pack or something like that.

It’s really hard to know where to draw the line

Sure, especially when there is a considerable chunk of cultural motives, revolving around the traditional religious beliefs. Nevertheless, it’s an opportunity to introduce some unique concepts into the game.

@FaitHai
Not only the numbers, but you’d able to gradually observe the attitude towards weight gain. I like that.

Anyway, as for the general stuff, I wonder if it’s possible to build an android distribution of this game.

can only hope for scene evolution where she would need to call one of the roommates to help as the belly got too big to see the numbers :smiley:

3 Likes

yes , this may be an optional part of the game , you can give the player a choice at the beginning of the game whether he wants a game with realism or a game with fantasy

1 Like

I play it on joiplay, it can open the game for sure but the error prevented me from playing it

My conclousion is the problem is in the script, but imma test it by hitting the ignore button first

Edit: it did not

I don’t know if I’m alone or not in this but I quite like Iroha and would love to see more of her! Also since people have mentioned things like height and BE, I just wanted to say that I’ve always been partial to short girls with pear shapes. By no means does that have to impact development, just something I would personally love to see if it’s ever in the cards.

All around though I think you’ve done an excellent job with progress and it really shows that you’ve put a lot into this, easily a new favorite of mine regardless. I hope you’re giving yourself time to rest too!

3 Likes

Definitely one of my favourite games on this site right now! Nice 3D models and I quite like the rather slower paced WG while not making it completely unnoticeable. Also, thank you for being one of the few games on here that has stretch marks.~ :hot_face:

6 Likes

@Curves_Conniseur That’s likely the issue. I’ll look at Android in the future because there seems to be some demand for it, but there seems to be a few hoops I need to jump through to get that to work.

@blonde_disliker What I have planned for Iroha might be right up your alley then.

@Hoixi02 I’m not sure why it’s not more common.

@FaitHai I’ll probably keep it optional for the time being or at least ways to get the same results without literal magic. It just happens to be a trope I love but it’s not for everybody.

3 Likes

You think you could make the stretch marks optional? Some people like them, some dislike them.

3 Likes

Never say never, but it could be a lot of work.

1 Like

So how does Erika relapsing actual work? I presume it’s the amount based on the number of times she either eats Yui’s cupcakes/you feed her back during the night scene. But I have had had it working inconsistently outside of the feedee harem path (where you are “forced” to go to the gym often to progress). I would guess that the random events weren’t coming up often enough for me to push her over some threshold.

I was trying to get the “weightup4b” images event to play out and basically spamming the gym and wait until the events popped over and over again was the only way that Erika finally gained in the 3rd stage that would eventually lead to the ending I was going for.

I’ve this happen with her on both the cupcakes and feeding her back before and I assume they didn’t pop up enough and she was skinny and the “weightup3a” images event happened.

Erika needs to be over a certain threshold of events events to relapse. Basically either feeding her back or getting her a cupcake count as one point. If she has less than 10 points before you reach the next weight stage, she won’t relapse.

I’ll try to make this more engaging in the future.

4 Likes

What if she has 10 points before you reach the next stage? Does she relapse then, or only when you reach the stage?

Also, if there’s a path that requires doing two things, and doing one more than another, we should be able to see at least whether A or B is more, maybe even by how much. Else even when we barely miss we don’t know we missed anything at all. The more requirements, the more we need hints and a way to see if we’re heading towards the path, whatever it is. They can be unspecific, we just need to be able to follow them.

3 Likes

I think the issue lies with the randomness of the events to trigger while doing things. Normal play for me would probably of been not going to the gym twice in a row per day. But even than the event doesn’t always trigger on a single day for either and you can gain weight too fast to have the 10 total points happen within a stage depending on what actions you are doing.

I can get not wanting to lock a player into something from a single decision and I can respect having the ability to fail things like akane losing weight or Erika gaining it. But I would say the amount of times those events need to happen vs how random they can be seems too high if I can be using both try to make her relapse and still fail.

1 Like

Thank you but i fixed it

Theres an “f” that broke the script, i edited it out and voila, fixed

Really really enjoyed the new update! I especially liked the gym scenes with Rin and Erika on all paths they were on, team up feedings/teasing I’m learning is my jam.

Thoughts on a topics at hand:

Mystical Fox Lady
I like the idea in a vacuum, but am not a huge fan of introducing magic elements into the world. like if she’s just a spirit that lives in the woods and feeds akane that sounds great, but if she’s going to pull some magic to make others suddenly want to gain it would be a character I’d avoid. Main issue for me is as soon as a character doesn’t CHOOSE to gain (or isn’t secretly into it when they do), it loses a lot to me.

Weigh ins
I didn’t miss them as much as I thought I would. If they were included that would be fine, and I like the first person view you included in your example shots. If other characters can be weighed I’d also want to get their heights worked into the text somewhere somehow for context.

Gains being tied to akane’s weight
I think it would be cool to allow characters to gain separate from Akane, but obv that would be a lot of work to manage all the text, and there’s be fewer CGs. As is the existing storylines fill almost all of what I’d want out of the game, with the exception of Chika and Erika both staying relatively skinny and being feeders for Akane. In the one scene where Akane and Chika compare in the mirror I wanted an option for Akane to be able to outgrow Chika, but because Chika’s gain is tied to Akane’s that wasn’t possible.. Overall separate gains would be cool and appreciated, but not a big deal if the game doesn’t go that way. I like the game you made now already!

2 Likes