Fill Me Up (Formally "Untitled renpy feedee game") "January" update now available on Patreon.

You definitely picked up the milk drinking in the onsen scenes. They were really giving me trouble for some reason. But next update you won’t have to worry about it!

As for the horizonal growth of the game. Yep. I was planned for this one to add more content to the earlier stages. They were far too repedetive as they were and still kind of are. But next update will have two stages of vertical growth. Regarding Tsumugi getting bigger. I really don’t have a satisfactory explanation for it. My guiding principle when making this game has often been “Do I find this hot?” if yes, I add it. Unfortunately it doesn’t lend itself well to realism.

5 Likes

I did some bug fixes

What’s changed?

There was a bug where dying in gamenight was disabling scrollback and causing other issues. It is now hotfixed so that if you die, you will return to the exploration menu one more time before the game ends. This fixes the issue and works until I find a more elegant solutions.

The infinite photoshoop loop “seems” to have been fixed by adding checks to see if Akane has reached a certain weight and checking off previous flags if she has. Let me know if that causes other issues.

Added some dialogue for scenes in stage four that suggest Akane is trying to lose weight. Particularly at the clothing store and when weighing herself.

Fixed a bug where the speaker “ma” was accidentaly written as “me” as well as rin speaking during one of the weight up scenes whe nene should have.

I will be starting on the next version now, so unless there is something absolutely game breaking discovered, I will probably leave it there for now and fix the smaller bugs in the next update.

Also, forgot to add, cowgirls will now only appear 25% of the time when you’re level 1 now and become more frequent as you level up.

Have fun.

7 Likes

About AI painting, I have some suggestions:

1. You can consider training embedding to generate original character tags. This can stabilize the appearance of the character’s features.
  2. Use the Inpaint function in img2img to locally repaint, which can fine-tune the character’s expression and hands without affecting other parts of the picture.
  3. Use the Lora model to control the overall drawing style consistency.
  4. Generate actions and postures through the Control Net.
    My English level is not good, so I can only communicate with you through machine translation. If you can understand Chinese, there are many tutorials on AI painting on the Chinese internet, as well as many independent game creators who use AI painting to make their games.

7 Likes

about ControlNet
lllyasviel/ControlNet:让我们控制扩散模型! (github.com)

Super stoked that there will be some forward progression in the next one. I think the complaints regarding AI art usage are very overblown. If AI allows the forward game development to accelerate and facilitate higher weight stages I would call it a win. There are lots of dead VN’s on this site simply due to the very time intensive nature of CG development. I think that AI will be a blessing in disguise for these niche genres because it will allow for less artistically talented devs to be viable in creating high fidelity VN projects. I’m considering doing one myself due to this revelation. I wouldn’t personally develop two versions of the game to appease the vocal minority calling for your head over the AI decision. It’s your project and you ultimately have to make decisions to ensure timely development given the resources at your disposal. I noticed the feedback on your patreon page is much more positive than this forum.

6 Likes

Errors for “weightdown1” continued.

• Going to the Shrine can have an event play where it just jumps to “You head back home after a long day of work.” on a black screen with nothing actually taking place after choosing to go to the shrine. No shrine stage 5 for fat kaede skinny Akane trigger.

• There’s some issues with the “weightdown1” fat Kaede onsen pics. One of the scenes with Erika, Akane and Kaede are together at the onsen. Skinny A, fat E and K. Has Erica seemly much skinnier then she is later in scene (first picture), next render has text “Kaede enters the spa.” but she’s already in the water. Next render has Erika much larger then she started. Starting on the line, Kaede: “I hope I’m not interrupting” She says and she sways into the water. Kaede is also out of the water now and next to Erika in this render (since she was already in the water previously this doesn’t make sense). The next render in the scene has Akane fat when she has already lost weight with both a fat Erika and (fat?) Kaede in the onsen close together. Around the line, Erika: “Hey Akane, check these things out.” Next render is Akane (fat?) Erika fat and Kaede skinny. This is all the same scene within the onsen.

• The Volleyball transition scenes for Mai and Yuika sometimes call reference to Akane’s weight when on the weight down path it doesn’t make any sense. And since this can be done outside of the weight stage this posses a bigger problem with how to keep that event dialogue consistent to the routes, in regards to Akane’s weight.

• The “stage5gainlose” never triggered for me for the “clothingstorehome” EDIT: not sure if this is happening because the images on the 4th stage are partially from stage five and loading those instead of the correct set but it could be related.

That’s a pretty bold claim. I of course, have a different opinion than you on the art style change, I don’t think you’re wrong for liking it even though I personally don’t. After all, that’s your opinion and what you like best. And my opinion isn’t the “correct” one either just because I value something more than another option.

I’m not sure where your getting the actual data about how popular the original models or the new AI is with the patreons that support the game. One of those resources at the devs disposal is money for development and while I agree it’s overall their choice on how to develop and proceed with the game. Making a sweeping call to toss out a side you feel is inferior and not as wanted based on your own opinion and some comments on patreon is at best would be wildly irresponsible.

If a patreon poll was made and the majority favored one or the other I could get the idea behind what you are saying but it’s something said with no hard evidence. And it seems like the @bobothesecondtwo has already made up there mind about how to proceed.

Thanks I’ll take a look at these.

1 Like

Thanks for this. I might go into what I’m doing in my process on the patreon later. I’m actually using controlnet to keep things consistent already, but I definitely set the tollerance too low on more than a few images.
Also don’t worry about your English. It’s perfectly understandable!

2 Likes

Dying in the 3.0b doesn’t end the game night. You can still battle and rest, etc with -hp. It seems like this fixes itself with ending after a period of moves or actions have been made. Seems like saves still work fine even with this issue.

1 Like

EDIT:
"̶v̶i̶s̶i̶t̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶2̶b̶"̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶’̶s̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶.̶ ̶A̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶o̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶R̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶g̶y̶m̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶A̶k̶a̶n̶e̶ ̶(̶"̶v̶i̶s̶i̶t̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶t̶r̶o̶0̶7̶b̶-̶1̶0̶b̶)̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶d̶v̶a̶n̶c̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶.̶ ̶"̶F̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶0̶2̶"̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶g̶g̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶d̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶p̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶"̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶e̶s̶"̶.̶

I’m having issues replicating this after restarting and reloading saves I am seeing Rin on her weightloss path as normal. Not sure what happened to begin with.

I’d be lying if I said I understood what the script is doing half the time.

2 Likes

Weight stage four.

• Image “carbo0501a” not found. I think the image is listed as “carboload0408” incorrectly and not the “carbo501a”

Weight stage six

"stage6a"s end of content message is in "stage6b"s route it plays before the stage6b weight event. (the end of route message for stage6b plays after the event like normal)

1 Like

Just wanted to say, I think the AI images look outstanding in most scenes. Give 'em a little tweak and nail that consistency and you’ve got something good on your hands. Sure, there are inconsistencies, but i’m sure there are those who agree that it’s a very interesting route and I for one would like to see it explored.

Having delved into game making a touch, I know it’s a LONG process and you’ve gotta do what ya gotta do to keep your sanity fresh.

6 Likes

On my playthrough I’ve noticed when you progress to the next weight it shows the scene in the new dress at later stages before I visit the clothes shop. Also, not sure if it’s supposed to happen but the time you don’t go out and talk about the weight you gain in sure you end up going to the club twice, you go once in the scene then it’s night again and you go back to club, not sure if it’s skipping to next day, might play later to double check

2 Likes

Yeah that’s an issue on my end. Not intentional, but scenes show up based on the stage that Akane is at, so if you go over the threshold before you go to sleep and do an activity it will show the scenes from.the next stage. There are solutions but I want to be careful implementing it as it would be a headache if it caused something else to unravel

1 Like

From what I remember looking at the code it comes up at various other points, which also led to a fun bug near the old end of content (0.2) where multiple conflicting thresholds were crossed before either related event fired, letting you do stuff from both.

I think it’s a three-part fix; first, gating threshold-related changes behind the relevant threshold-crossing event so they don’t start showing up until that event fires. Next, the event has to be set so it only fires at the right time during the day (and hopefully gives a hint to the player that it’s about to happen). Lastly, check the contingencies in the code for conflicting thresholds and either force them to resolve one way or the other, give an additional event to let the player pick, or branch it off into its own sub-path.

I don’t think it would have cascading problems if the underlying checks haven’t changed but again, haven’t played the current build yet to test it myself.

3 Likes

Honestly i might be on my own but i didn’t particularly mind the AI images. There’s work to be done on them sure but reality is this is a good game and if it helps with development time go for it.

3 Likes

So right now in the Akane character object it returns the stage if the number is below a given variable and when she sleeps, it checks to see if she what stage she is and if the weight up scene hasn’t been flagged yet it will play it.
It’s probably just a matter of adding a second little variable somewhere on the object to only increase Akanes stage after the new scene has played. I’ll sleep on it and see if the solution comes to me in a dream or something. It’s been a persistent bug for a while now.

1 Like

An error was found. After Akane chooses the option to go on a diet, the event to meet Iroha is held after the event to meet Rin, and the event to meet Iroha is repeated over and over again.

1 Like