Fill Me Up (Formally "Untitled renpy feedee game") "January" update now available on Patreon.

Ok, let me see how I patched that problem for private use… (this problem was also present on the previous build) from about line 81 down.

if capacity < 3:
        scene restaurant0104a
        "You've never eaten this much in one sitting."
        "You failed to finish the burger and fries."

elif capacity <= 6:
        scene restaurant0104b
        "I think I got through a little more than last time."
        "You finish the burger but not the fries."
    elif capacity > 7:
        scene restaurant0104c
        "You finish the burger and fries."
        "You feel so full."
        "But also... excited."
        a "Oh wow, I can't believe I ate all that."
        a "I'm absolutely stuffed."
1 Like

You’ve got a gap there which means that if capacity is exactly seven (or any decimal value greater than 6, up to 7), the player won’t meet any of the listed conditions.

If the goal is to have the third scene play at exactly 7 capacity or higher, the first elif can safely be changed to elif capacity < 7 and the second to elif capacity >= 7. If the goal is for the scene to only play above 7 capacity, then elif capacity <= 7 for the first elif and the second remains unchanged. I haven’t dug into the script in a while to see what it should be.

1 Like

Looking again, I outsmarted myself by removing the = operator when I was copy-pasting, not thinking about what it would do. Your analysis is right, though. The last event is supposed to only fire when you’ve eaten at the restaurant several times (which is what capacity is effectively tracking). The metric never shows up again in the scripts that I’m aware of, one of several sorta orphaned elements of the game that aren’t really meshed well with the rest of it right now.

1 Like

Pretty solid game with a good premise

1 Like

I have an idea for the game night section
Maybe have the option to either become a fat shortstack goblin or a strong fat orc

1 Like

I have no idea why I forgot to get around to fixing this last time. The capacity stuff isn’t really used outside of the first stage of restaurant scenes. I’ll need to find other uses for it down the line.

Could potentially have it play through other scenes. Maybe with game night or something?

If your capacity is high, your character develops slightly differently compared to having a low capacity?

Although that requires a ton of new images and scenes :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Capacity is the sort of stat that would make sense if there was a more detailed system determining weight gain (while self control leads to more eating events, capacity determines how much is actually eaten?) or as a metric gating stuffing content. It’s not visuals-heavy on its own that way, but will require more behind-the-scenes code to feel like it is -important-.

1 Like

Loved the new update my dude!! Finally I was able to play it. Can’t wait for more amazing work of yours.

1 Like

I’m really glad you liked it, but if you liked this update, the next one is going to knock your socks off!

10 Likes

The idea of being able to choice between ia an normal graphics sounds just way to amazing! Because at least for me ia art looks so…weird and out of place sometimes

1 Like

I’m almost done with the images for stage 6 and I’m pretty sure stage 7 will go by quicker since I’ll have the base for the scenes sorted out by that point.

I’m just going to post some teaser images here, double blurred to avoid anything major. I’ve always wanted to try the “against glass” look for some scenes and I think it shows throughj well. here. Just wanted to share.

19 Likes

Wow that glass have to be Very strong also I can not wait to play this update.

2 Likes

I must say, I don’t really like the AI stuff, I understand it’s easier and all but it takes some of the passion I feel for the project, I love the story and these teasers for the new update look great, like that last one wow, but seeing the AI, at least for me, it drops some of the hype, I’m looking for a way to pay the patreon because I like this project a lot, it really is my favorite game on the forums, just keep up the good work, A lot of people like this game :grin:

3 Likes

Totally understand where you’re coming from. I’d hold off till the next update though. I’ll be adding a toggle so people can turn it off.

1 Like

Isn’t it more work if you have a toggle option?
Like I guess you have to genereate the pictures and place them on their set scenes

I like having cool features in my game and that’s an extension of that. If I was afraid of doing more work I’d just use sprites for everything. Renpy has a feature called dynamic images so it can just switch the filepath for the images at the click of a button. All I really need to do is make the button if that makes sense.

2 Likes

Oh that’s cool, I don’t have much experience on Renpy or rather any software, but I had that idea for a while, so I’m glad you see it that way, How much time does the rendering and making scenes and that stuff lasts? I’m a traditional artist, not really that much time working digitally so I guess it must take some time, and I love the way the game looks so I guess you also take a lot to make every image.

If I had to give a ballpark figure. Maybe 2-3 hours for 10 or so images. It really depends on what the characters are doing. The vast majority of the time is spent setting up the scene (clothes, poses, taking into account user choices), making sure things look right “enough” and then hitting render. Rendering itself only take 10-20 seconds because it’s rendered in Eevee which is a type of rendered for blender. There is also a healthy dose of photoshop for things I couldn’t get right when posing.

There is also the step of making characters. That’s mostly done for now, but chose to make it look animu because I feel it’s just a friendlier look overall. Strangely enough, hair is the most tedious part of the design. I’m also thinking adding some throw away characters in this update for Akane to mess with if I have time..

4 Likes

You really like to tease your audience, I thought you spent more time doing everything but it doesn’t sound that bad, and your characters and style is really good, at least I like it a lot, one of the things that made me intall the first update on the first place, Also wonder why hair is the most tedious part, I thought it would be the faces or something like that. The idea of having Akane mess with random characters is awesome, probably each having different interactions depending on the route, really cool

1 Like