Fur Food Contest!

In which version? I haven’t met that glitch in every test I have made… Also, I just released a new version today, I could give it to you the early release if you want to stream it again ~ nwn

2 Likes

I enchountered this glitch before, but right now I’m referring to the 0.8 version. It sounds like you haven’t enchountered the glitch, so you probably haven’t fixed it yet. I’m not sure what to say. I could upload a vid of the glitch somewhere, since I ended up reccording it twice.

1 Like

I haven’t encountered this issue either. What are you playing it on?? Maybe it has to do with that??

1 Like

A Samsung Galaxy A42.

1 Like

Woof, another update has been released ~

3 Likes

I’ve only ever done this twice, but you can do a full board infinite combo with sushi and I was just able to snag a screen recording of it starting. Of course, it’s highly dependent on getting good rng to get the combo going, but once it’s going, it seems pretty solid.

2 Likes

I had just made a vid on 0.8, and now you come out with the 0.9 version. XD

2 Likes

Also, no new characters this time :frowning: , but there’s a new food item: a banana. Also, I love how the board turns frosty cold when you’re eating too many cold foods, and red hot when eating too many hot foods.

One thing I REALLY want to see in this game, though, is a pause function during gameplay, with the ability to leave matches and start over.

3 Likes

No new characters but those tenth levels though… I’m not a big fan of men but this game… It’s just too good

Edit: in other news, the sushi combo broke my game, a whole column refused to fall anymore and the same thing happened to the top half of another column. Maybe I shouldn’t try to cheese it like that anymore.

2 Likes

Currently trying to get to 500 weight with all characters in solo mode, anyone got any tips? im kinda struggling

1 Like

Awww, thanks for making those videos <3, Version 1.0 will probably be released for patrons this weekend, and will have new characters, game mode, and food! Will be a big update, if you want to stream it, I could send you the download link, just message me ~

2 Likes

I generally don’t have the internet for streaming. I’m also not someone who is good at doing dialogue in one take.

1 Like

Version 1.0 of this game is now abailable! check this main post itch.io link ~

2 Likes

Having a hard time unlocking the characters, does anyone have any good strats?

1 Like

After unlocking all the characters, it can definitely be dependent on who you are trying to unlock. If you are trying to unlock someone who likes cold food, you do the cold challenge and then I would pick the most neutral food for temp to prevent brain freeze. It’s the same strat but switch the temps for hot food characters. For characters who are dependent on another character reaching high combo or score, I have gotten used to sushi, salad, burger, hot dog, and banana, but that’s my personal preference and I have gotten used to making a lot of combos and tapping fast when a character get’s stuffed. There’s like 3 characters that are character dependent which was tricky for one character since it just says “college roommate” or whatever, but I recall it unlocking with one of the first several characters in free mode.

2 Likes

im having an issue with getting high weights. I cant even break 150 and I dont know what im doing wrong

1 Like

Having to unlock everyone now actually gives more incentive to play, IMO. BTW, are you open to character submissions?

2 Likes

yes I am, and I am glad you like the new “progession” of the game :3

2 Likes

I agree that locking characters behind unlocks makes a huge difference in adding a sense of progression. However, there’s still the issue in which performing well enough to unlock anything is very dependent on luck. I’m not fast or skilled enough at the game to make any headway without getting lucky with my combos. It gets worse when I get lucky enough to trigger an unlock challenge, only for my opponent to bombard me with special abilities while I rarely get any super foods to speak of.

On that note, what can you share with us about your plans for leveling up characters? Will every run attempt contribute to leveling up, or will the player need to accomplish specific goals in order to do so?

4 Likes

A few quick tips for folks, because I see a fair few of you fine fellows struggling:

Take your time while you play! The way Fur Food Fight works is - for the MOST PART - very skewed in favor of the players, as it’s actually designed with the idea in mind that the devs want you to actually be able to beat it. But you do have to know how it’s skewed in your favor to actually capitalize on it.

+So, boot up a game or two and don’t go in with the expectation that you’re going to win. Instead, get a feel for the patterns and get in the habit of planning your moves quickly. Will you go vertical or horizontal? Which one will set you up for moves and big combos.

+Get used to experimenting with foods. Obviously those lovely dough balls got their preferences, but they also have limits and methods of playing that really suit them. High capacity, but low emptying speed means you want light food that’s calorie heavy and can combo a lot. Low capacity but great emptying speed means you can play in the sweet spots of short/snacky combos.

+Don’t feel like you have to maximize as many foods of one category or another to the detriment of over all balance. Yeah, this character has a sweet tooth, but if you’re in the cold challenge for instance, you’ll probably want to take some of the salteir foods just because they don’t build up cold as quickly. Don’t get attached to any one idea or approach.

+Finally, just have fun! Or don’t I’m not your mom.

4 Likes