General Questions/Discussions

Side note, besides the curtain, is there any other way to hit the abomination hard? I don’t think opening and closing the curtains would work although I never tried it because I wanted to grab what I could and get out of there.

Aside from having weapons that’s about all you can do against it :slight_smile: You could try…

Getting one of the heirlooms from the display case and getting the spellbook, which will help you hit slightly harder. If you haven’t tried that already.

v.0.9.8.8 is live!

1,898 pages.
438,305 words.

Check it out and leave reviews/comments ^___^ Thank you!

Blog Link: http://anonymousynn.blogspot.com
And you can donate here if you like it! Anonynn is creating Adventure and Mischief Studios | Patreon

v.0.9.0A(hotfix) is live!

2,104 pages.
479,488 words.

And you can donate here if you like it! Anonynn is creating Adventure and Mischief Studios | Patreon

v.0.9.0B Hallow’s Shroud is live!

2,194 pages.
503,493 words.
24,500+ lines of code.

Ever since a few updates ago I haven’t been able to get the key to Rold’s lab

Ever since a few updates ago I haven’t been able to get the key to Rold’s lab

All you have to do is speak with Hannah and she’ll give you the “Lab Key” Just make sure you don’t pick an “incomplete” option when speaking with her :slight_smile:

If you have any other problems let me know!

[quote=“Anonynn, post:46, topic:843”]Ever since a few updates ago I haven’t been able to get the key to Rold’s lab

All you have to do is speak with Hannah and she’ll give you the “Lab Key” Just make sure you don’t pick an “incomplete” option when speaking with her :slight_smile:

If you have any other problems let me know![/quote]It’s entirely possible to exhaust all dialogue with Hannah without getting the key. It has happened on most but not all play-throughs (but only under the last 2-3 updates, was fine before then). And yes, the abomination is overpowered, because the items necessary to properly fight back can’t be accessed without being exposed to 5-6 rounds of attacks (including when you pick up the spellbook). And good luck if you spawn the minotaur as well… The above, combined with the excessive randomness of events (one would have to reload hundreds of times to get half the events which is ridiculous at this stage of game development since it locks off most of the content) impact the experience a fair bit, but aren’t too difficult to solve. Just dial down the probability a bit, move the abomination (have it spawn upon picking up the spellbook, perhaps?) a bit further back and it would be a lot more enjoyable.

It's entirely possible to exhaust all dialogue with Hannah without getting the key. It has happened on most but not all play-throughs (but only under the last 2-3 updates, was fine before then). And yes, the abomination is overpowered, because the items necessary to properly fight back can't be accessed without being exposed to 5-6 rounds of attacks (including when you pick up the spellbook). And good luck if you spawn the minotaur as well... The above, combined with the excessive randomness of events (one would have to reload hundreds of times to get half the events which is ridiculous at this stage of game development since it locks off most of the content) impact the experience a fair bit, but aren't too difficult to solve. Just dial down the probability a bit, move the abomination (have it spawn upon picking up the spellbook, perhaps?) a bit further back and it would be a lot more enjoyable.

I’m not sure if you’re doing something weird, but all the conversation topics that don’t have incomplete next to them, give the key at the end (just after you get the question completion/stat increase). The key is in the open doorway/kitchen area if you haven’t noticed it or picked it up. If you could provide the choices with Hannah that you pick, I’d be able to narrow it down easier and solve that problem. :slight_smile:

The Pale Abomination isn’t really meant to be defeated, BUT there are ways to defeat it (I’m adding a fun little achievement for it later if a player manages to do it because it’s incredibly difficult even with his health reduction). I imagine with the Minotaur, it does make for a sticky situation though! I’ll have to think about moving him. I don’t know if it would be fair to spawn him right when the player nabs the spellbook but maybe there’s a happy medium I can find. By the way, try opening the curtains while you’re fighting him, it lowers his attack power and health :slight_smile:

I’m glad you find that the experience changes between those different play-throughs and that the puzzles aren’t TOO hard to solve. I didn’t want them to be super difficult in the tutorial area, but I did want them to make the player think and to warm them up to the puzzles of the game. As the entire game progresses though and increases in size, you might find that the randomized events aren’t entirely randomized; things change if you are carrying weapons, there are of course stat checks of all different kinds, sexuality influences, the moods of the player etc — will all change how information is presented and will greatly vary paths; for example, there are 3 different ways to leave the Goblin House/Withered Snag area planned thus far, maybe eventually 4 (maybe) once I get down to remastering Rold. I did all that because it’s setting a precedence for what the game will be like, only later on, the player will have more control over things because the tutorial area is a hand-holder area for those new to Quest.

I appreciate the feedback! Please feel free to comment again and let me know how you’re liking future updates/giving suggestions etc!

v.0.9.0C (hotfix) Hallow’s Shroud is live!

2,194+ pages.
503,493+ words.
24,500+ lines of code.

v.0.9.0D is LIVE!

Pages: 2,288
Words: 521,647
Code: 26,808

Is there a way to get a sort of ‘patch notes’ with each update so those of us who don’t necessarily play through each update without knowing what’s been changed can be aware? It could be spoilered or something, and doesn’t need to be specific-

Ex.

[spoiler]
*Added a potion crafting table inside Rold’s Lab
*Added a new questline inside the Lab
^Fixed Lab Key not generating through conversation with Hannah if STR stat is too high
xRemoved one zombie from the intro sequence for copyright reasons

(Obviously ad-lib’d on the spot, but you get the idea!)[/spoiler]

There are changelogs on the games website

Is there a way to get a sort of 'patch notes' with each update so those of us who don't necessarily play through each update without knowing what's been changed can be aware? It could be spoilered or something, and doesn't need to be specific-

I could definitely post the changelog’s here if you like, the problem is most of the time they are 2-5 Word pages long in 8 font. So it would be huge to say the least. I could possibly provide a link to the changelog from now on as well if that would be helpful — just let me know what you think and I’d be happy to accommodate.

There are changelogs on the games website

Thank you for helping him/her! I appreciate that!

Let me know what you guys think though about the changelogs. If you guys want them here, maybe I can set up another page in this forum regarding changelogs.

[quote=“Anonynn, post:53, topic:843”]OP was very nice. =3
Long quote though.[/quote]

It was an issue of not knowing it was on your site- I feel uber silly now xP

Thanks much you guys!

(For future note, He is the correct pronoun. xP)

It was an issue of not knowing it was on your site- I feel uber silly now xP

Thanks much you guys!

(For future note, He is the correct pronoun. xP)

No worries! It happens! Glad to hear from you too. Let me know if you have any questions/concerns :slight_smile:

Will do!

Is there any known way to turn on/off specific kinks? I would love accessing the WG/stuffing parts, but at the same time, I’ll feel slightly uncomfortable if for any other kinks.

Is there any known way to turn on/off specific kinks? I would love accessing the WG/stuffing parts, but at the same time, I’ll feel slightly uncomfortable if for any other kinks.

Currently there are no ways to turn off specific kinks. I apologize about that. The game is still fairly new though so keep checking back and if it’s possible to implement I definitely will :slight_smile:

v.0.9.2A is LIVE!

Pages: 2,769
Words: 641,276
Code: 30,000

v.0.9.2B is LIVE!

Words: 681,618
Code: 30,500+