General Questions/Discussions

v.0.9.2C is LIVE!

Words: 799,364
Code: 31,500+
Playtime: 2-3+ Hours

Check it out and leave reviews/comments ^___^ Thank you!

Blog Link: http://anonymousynn.blogspot.com
And you can donate here if you like it! Anonynn is creating Adventure and Mischief Studios | Patreon

I tried to boot it up and who canā€™t even get to the character creation/selection clicking does nothing and entering the number in the type field below also does nothing

I tried to boot it up and who can't even get to the character creation/selection clicking does nothing and entering the number in the type field below also does nothing

Oh! Iā€™m sorry youā€™re having problems. It sounds like the file may have gotten corrupted when you downloaded it. Try re-downloading it and if youā€™re having more problems I will help as much as I can.

Iā€™m trying to play through the game, and Iā€™m having trouble filling the waterskin. I know you have streamlined the water mechanics, but those changes do not seem to be working at the moment. I am in the dark bathroom, and I can see that several fresh waters are available (created through the Turn On tub and Turn On sink options). I attempt to fill the waterskin, but the game just continues to say ā€œYouā€™ll need something to fill it with first!ā€ Iā€™ve tried a bunch of other things as well, such as saying ā€œfill waterskin with fresh waterā€, ā€œfill skin with fresh waterā€, ā€œfill skin with waterā€ etc. Most of the time it will ask me to pick something to fill it with, and then it just tells me ā€œThat doesnā€™t work.ā€

Not really sure what to do from here.

Iā€™m trying to play through the game, and Iā€™m having trouble filling the waterskin. I know you have streamlined the water mechanics, but those changes do not seem to be working at the moment. I am in the dark bathroom, and I can see that several fresh waters are available (created through the Turn On tub and Turn On sink options). I attempt to fill the waterskin, but the game just continues to say ā€œYouā€™ll need something to fill it with first!ā€ Iā€™ve tried a bunch of other things as well, such as saying ā€œfill waterskin with fresh waterā€, ā€œfill skin with fresh waterā€, ā€œfill skin with waterā€ etc. Most of the time it will ask me to pick something to fill it with, and then it just tells me ā€œThat doesnā€™t work.ā€

Not really sure what to do from here.

Yeah, Iā€™m sorry about that. In this current release, the waterskin/waters and the old lantern/oil cartridges are semi-broken. Iā€™m in the middle of transitioning all the items into clones so more than one of everything can be carried. This of course breaks a few mechanics along the way. No worries though, it should all be sorted out in the next public release. I apologize for the inconvenience though : / ! I hope it didnā€™t ruin your opinion of the experience.

Anonynn.

Hey! First of all, Iā€™m really enjoying what Iā€™ve seen so far. Itā€™s an extremely well constructed text adventure, butā€¦ how do I trigger the WG/feeding/stuffing elements? Iā€™m a complete newb, so I donā€™t know the general syntax of text games. The most obvious route would be to talk to Hanna to get the food, but I canā€™t figure out an option to let me do that. Halp plz?

Hey! First of all, Iā€™m really enjoying what Iā€™ve seen so far. Itā€™s an extremely well constructed text adventure, butā€¦ how do I trigger the WG/feeding/stuffing elements? Iā€™m a complete newb, so I donā€™t know the general syntax of text games. The most obvious route would be to talk to Hanna to get the food, but I canā€™t figure out an option to let me do that. Halp plz?

Hellooooooooo! Sorry about not responding sooner, Iā€™ve been really sick for the past day or so, practically bed-ridden. Iā€™m so happy to hear that youā€™ve been enjoying the game so far, that really means a lot to me! As far as WG/Feeding/Stuffing goes, those are actually side elements to the game and not really the focus. The quickest way of gaining weight is eating a ā€œMagic Donutā€ but later on there will be more way to increase your weight. Oh! Thereā€™s also the ā€œWestern Bookshelfā€ in the Study (where the Pale Abomination is). Itā€™s a random event that youā€™ll either gain or lose weight rapidly. As far as finding the ā€œMagic Donutā€ itā€™s a random drop in the house from ā€œpillagingā€ or ā€œsearchingā€ rooms or fighting enemies outside the house, but itā€™s most commonly found in the ā€œStorage Facilityā€ area (you have to have a light source with you).

Currently, in this version, getting the key to the Study in the fireplace is impossible because of an error with the waterskin (which has already been fixed for the upcoming version) but if you have a high Thief Skill you can just pick the lock. :slight_smile: I hope that helps! If you have any more questions though please let me know!

Anonynn.

v.0.9.2D (Patron Beta) is LIVE!

Words: 654, 785
Code: 32,000+

And you can donate here if you like it! Anonynn is creating Adventure and Mischief Studios | Patreon

Iā€™m trying to go into the storage room and I have the aaleahya candle but it wont let me continue, it keeps saying that the storage room is too dark for me to go in even though i have the candle and turned it on. The bit of the game iā€™ve played so far has been very fun but I canā€™t seem to continue :ā€™( Im not sure how to continue, please help

Iā€™m trying to go into the storage room and I have the aaleahya candle but it wont let me continue, it keeps saying that the storage room is too dark for me to go in even though i have the candle and turned it on. The bit of the game iā€™ve played so far has been very fun but I canā€™t seem to continue :ā€™( Iā€™m not sure how to continue, please help

Argh! Iā€™m so sorry for the frustration there. In the version that you are playing 0.9.2C, Aaleahya/Old Lantern/Oil Cartridge arenā€™t working properly because I was transitioning the code over to duplication (meaning so you can stack multiples of the same object) but I wasnā€™t able to fix the three items mentioned above in time, or the Waterskin/Water problem. In the next version coming out on 11MAR17 (if I donā€™t delay) all of that will be fixed :slight_smile: Itā€™s already fixed in the Patron Beta test :slight_smile:

Iā€™m really happy you enjoy the game so far though! I really appreciate the compliment!

Anonynn.

v.0.9.2D is LIVE!

Words: 666, 583
Code: 32,000+

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEIGHT GAMING! :smiley: !!

AMS v0.97C (PTB-MidPoint) is LIVE!
Words: 1,504,927
LinesOfCode: 74,535

Public Discord: Adventure and Mischief Studios (AMS)

Hi. The most recent download link for v.096D doesnā€™t work, and trying to play online is buggy. Is there a fix for this?

Update: Nevermind, I figured out the issue. Just needed to update Quest

Not possible to save progress? :thinking:
Tried to save using Quest 580, and it responds with error message

um, the 0.98C version is not loading, I keep getting an error message about missing files

The SaveLoad should be getting an update either at the end of this month or next, hopefully. It is updated, I just need to fanagle it to fit my game :slight_smile: Then itā€™ll be ready for testing.

Anonynn.

I think that version is outdated. I tend to delete older versions. Try this oneā€¦

Itā€™s the most recent public update. I rolled back the version numbers to accurately reflect what version the game is truly on (now that I know how version numbers work)! Let me know if you have any other problems!

Anonynn.

still got the error, hereā€™s what it said
The following errors occurred:
Incorrect ASL version number
Error loading XML data for ā€˜calendar.holidaysā€™ - ensure that it contains no nested XML
Error loading XML data for ā€˜calendar.itemā€™ - ensure that it contains no nested XML
Error loading XML data for ā€˜calendar.itemā€™ - ensure that it contains no nested XML
I have no idea what ā€œnested XMLā€ is, so I have no idea how to fix it