Glut-Tonne Demon (vore themed twin stick shooter)

Level 28?? That’s pretty impressive. (@_@ )

Lemme just start off by saying what everyone else is: Wow! You work fast!

I’ve been following this since the first day you posted and tried the initial build. Fantastic!
I wanted to make an account JUST to be able to give some thoughts and support to this.

I really enjoy the improvements you’ve made over time! The progression is wonderful and I can already see how much more structured this is gonna be based on your ideas list!

The only real complaint I have is the hit-boxes?

I really feel like I have to make up a LOT of extra space for the melee enemies and sometimes the projectiles for enemies. It really feels a lot like some of the collision a square that encompasses around the whole graphic rather than partially inside of them–either for the PC or the projectiles/hits themself-- which causes things to collide with my character a lot more than I expect on a visual level. (feeling is a lot different than actuality I’m sure, though.)

That endless mode sure scale spikes immediately, too. Woah!

Though. I was determined to figure out a very reliable distance build and got to Wave 17 / Weight 67 before I caved due to multitasking! Good work so far!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the love and support! I’ll be honest wave 17 is pretty good I barely made it past wave 14 on my best attempt. The hitboxes are mostly circles at the base of the characters feet. I specifically put in the shadows to be able to track that. The size is kept a bit larger just to make targeting easy. I could add some sort of swipe or slash effect to the melee enemies to show where the hit goes I suppose, but that adds work and effort both art and coding wise. I’d much rather focus on making newer enemy types because it’s just the 3 at the moment. I’ll keep messing around with the hit boxes and values to see what works but so far I’ve found the health, damage and hit boxes to be alright.

Got to wave 20, it’s kinda repetitive at this point.
Leveling up devour range too much makes corpses swing back and forth before getting eaten because the speed is too great, so perhaps it should be limited.

2 Likes

Gonna echo the same sentiment that many others have had - It’s very impressive how far this game has come in such a short time. The gameplay is fun and has lots of potential, the artstyle is clean and very nice to look at, and the idea of having to balance shooting and dodging with eating and digesting is a really intriguing one that I think lends itself to a very nice level of decision-making on the fly.

Overall, great work, and I’m definitely excited to see where this project goes in the future. (Also I got to like wave 14 before I realized how insanely long the waves were getting and just decided to give up, lol)

2 Likes

The final game won’t be a wave based game anyway and I still have to add a lot more enemy variety. It will be some time before I get those things up and running because it’s a lot of work both coding wise and asset creation wise.

I did some code clean up and also some messing around with the values in the upgrades so let’s see what small changes I can add to the wave system.

4 Likes

All new weapons and a codex unlock system have been added. Check the latest changelog for details. I’ve also worked on a player stats save system that will come in handy when the story mode is available.

3 Likes

Found this game on itch at random while searching for a vore game to play. There are a lot that speak to me, but they’re either VNs or RPG Maker games. While they’re pretty good, I’ve gotten a bit bored of turn based or page flippers and wanted something a bit more expedient.

This game is incredible! Just skimming through the comments here, it’s clear you made headway very quickly. Albeit I’m still learning some of the weapon mechanics and which ones best fit my way of gameplay.

That being said, I have only one request, and because I did end up skimming (I will read through it more thoroughly after I post this comment), I’m not sure whether or not you already have this planned: Passives.

I am interested in the ultimates of all the other six sins. I’ve been currently running Wrath but I can’t get passed level 6 (not a blame on you I’m just not very good at some games). I would, however, like to sink some points into passives. It’d be really nice to be able to do occasional area damage or passively digest while shooting.

Well, I’m gonna keep playing and all. Thanks for the game and I can’t wait for the end! I know you said it’s not going to be wave-based by the end and I can’t wait to see how the gameplay takes me through the story, but I would really like to have that wave-based gameplay on the side.

I don’t have any plans of adding more abilities on top of the sin weapons just yet but that all depends on how much support the game garners. As for the game difficulty majority players have found it to be fair enough, most comments about difficulty never knew there was a dodge button that gives you I-frames. For that purpose I plan on making a tutorial level of some sort. The wave based system will remain, it’s just not my primary focus until the story mode is done and that will take some time.

New enemy types have been added! Try out the latest build and check out the devlog.

4 Likes

This game is awesome, I beat the entirety of the normal mode.

1 Like

I’ve played both builds so far and had a lot of fun with your game! I enjoyed the new enemies this update but I did have a few issues.
I wasn’t able to use a controller on this build. For some reason all the controls were just spazzing out. Granted I’m unsure if they were actually due to game itself, some weird conflict with Steam’s controller interface, or something else entirely, but that unfortunately ended up being my experience.
The minotaurs while cute, were admittedly kind of obnoxious to deal with. Getting a few wasn’t too bad, but when around 5-6 spawned, especially during the later waves having them body block all my shots felt pretty unfair at times. The full frontal protection feels like a bit of a momentum killer in an otherwise well-paced gameplay loop.
And finally, Don’t careeeee!!! Make her even fatter!!!Her tits and tummy must be even biggerrrrr!!! deep breaths :drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face: :fire: :fire: (Jokes and copypastas aside I would love to see a few extra weight stages but of course don’t mind me lol just take it at your own pace)
Excited for future updates!

1 Like

Yeah I ran into the same issue when multiple minotaur spawned. I’ve replied to a similar point on the itch page that in the story mode I don’t intend on using more than 2 minoaturs simultaneously. Since making a point cost system for the spawning system right now is a hassle and keeps me from making the actual game, I don’t think I would be working on that at the moment. Hopefully I can keep adding more enemies and even chonkier ones for each specific sin themed level, but let’s see. My next priority would be the tutorial, dialogue, shop and hub-world. All of which could take a bit of time, but it should be well worth the wait.

what button do you use to consume?

You can edit the keys in the options menu. By default it’s set to right click.

I’ve been having lots of fun with this game recently so i decided to finally make an account just so i could sing you praises and flex how far i got

Could’ve gone further, got bored. I also don’t know if this is intentional but i didn’t get a single pregnant slime boss spawn for all 31 waves. Not a single one.

Anywho great game i look forward to seeing what it grows into!

I’ve noticed that the “boss” slot only ever seems to pick 2 random ones and flip constantly in the run myself, so you might have just not had it since there are a few boss characters

Thanks! I’m glad you liked the game so far. How are you guys so good at this game? XD I’ll check the endless wavespawn script it might have a problem in the random number generation. Thanks for pointing it out.

I’ll check out the code, the story mode spawned all 3 bosses perfectly fine so I’m assuming it’s an error in the endless mode.

Turns out I accidentally plugged in the regular slime rather than the pregnant slime. Uploading the new build in a few minutes.