Growing Rivalry

Can you fight the queen in the demo?

When I try to go to the castle it says error map32 not found.

yes, you can, but this is a difficult battle, she has 750 hp and strong attacks

I did update earlier. However if you haven’t downloaded, please try access the castle through the Map menu rather than the quick button down the bottom. Should take you there with no issues :smiley:

Played this game a lot more than I would admit, and WOW that is probably one of the best, most promising ongoing games on this forum. The deckbuilding is really well done (I kinda wish there was a way to increase deck size without ally RNG but that’s a rather minor complaint) and makes it, in my opinion, the single most fun game to play on this forum.

Now, for once I don’t have much negative to say about the game, except the controls during card battles being a bit finicky (needing to move my cursor back and forth if it was already where I wanted it to be before I could click the option led to me accidentally playing so many wrong cards). I don’t think it can be fixed as i assume it’s just a problem with the script used, though…
The only other negative would be the still relatively barebone dialogue but hey, we’re so early in the game’s life and there are so many characters, it makes sense there wouldn’t be a deep engaging plot and a morbillion lines of dialogue per characters.
This one is more of a bug report but the CG menu sometimes miscounts height, which led to me giving more and more height to my allies thinking they’d unlock their final stage when they had unlocked it ages ago and the CG menu simply miscounted lol
Lastly I have one super minor complaint and it is that Anya’s sprites don’t follow super well imo. The first 5 stages have her gaining mostly in her thighs and breasts, then stage 6 suddenly has belly weight gain, stage 8 shoves all that weight into her ass, stage 9 gives her more weight all around and stage 10 shrinks her stomach down and buffs her breasts.

I do have a list of hopes for the project’s future/suggestions, though. Keep in mind they aren’t “demands” or whatever, just stuff I thought could be neat and add to that already very VERY neat game!

1. The Concede button is currently bugged and automatically wins fights, but perhaps this could be turned into a feature? A sort of 3rd, “sandbox” mode where you could instantly win or lose any fight, allowing people to see how different interactions go without much trouble. Of course since it’s be essentially a cheat mode, perhaps it could either be unlocked after beating the game once through normal means or not unlock CGs, since they are the main reward of the game?
  2. Perhaps some sort of post-game/new game+? Both seems like a lot to implement so I’m just throwing these out, but maybe being able to continue playing after becoming queen and having to defend your title would be a fun post-game objective? As for new game+, the option to carry over some cards would be neat (obviously not the special cards like Titania’s) but maybe too broken? Idk, this would definitely speed up some playthroughs lol. That, or maybe the option to increase deck size at the start of playthroughs, with perhaps the option to stack it potentially infinitely?
  3. Special ending CGs for each NPC becoming queen? Would also be cool if, when your ally wins instead of you, it doesn’t lead to a game over, because then the game just kind of punishes you for going the sub route with them, which is a shame both from a fetish and a game design perspective.
  4. More dialogue variation, especially when it comes to allies. I found the dom/sub relationships particularly exciting and they were by far my favorite parts of the game, but every character having the same dialogue despite their different personalities kinda threw me off lol. I haven’t tested them yet but I imagine Maru and Candi give the same dialogue and it’s kind of silly. It would also really help flesh them out, especially if they had different “talk” conversations depending on their weight stages or their relative height with you.

That is all I had to say! Sorry if I came off as demanding or impolite or inconsiderate, I really love your work and I really wish to see this project grow!

2 Likes

Glad you enjoy it!
Honestly, I would advise using the mouse when in battle and using the keyboard for building decks. Found it to be the least clunky way to go about it.

Arya was one of the first ones I did design. I personally want to redo them all (learnt some new tricks for bigger sizes). Definitely agree that it’s a little annoying honestly.

Hmm. I must have forgotten to remove some of the images in the CG viewer :confused:
And yeah, dialogue will come eventually. Putting it off because of the sheer volume of it mostly :smiley:

1. I could add something like that eventually. Or just an easy way to add height to particular characters.

2. I already have plans to add something like that. Where you become the queen and people attack you each day as you try to defend the throne.

3. Made those already actually. They will be coming out in v6 of the Patreon update. Along with more stage 10’s.

4. Similar to what I said above, more dialogue will come. Slowly…. So many conditionals make it take far longer than it needs to :stuck_out_tongue:

Also, you buy Deck Points off Aria in the shop for 50cm. Unless you mean the 60card limit, which is unchangeable midgame

1 Like

Arya’s images aren’t too annoying, but definitely a bit surprising at first :sweat_smile:

Didn’t expect work to have already started on v6! You’re going super fast, damn! Count on me to try it day one, this game is easily the best use of my patreon money by far :wink:

Oh yeah and I actually didn’t realize you could buy deck points lmao. Just did that now and I was blasted away seeing the shopkeeper grow! I hope future updates will allow her to get even bigger :flushed:

Also if I can help with dialogue please tell me, I’d love to :pray:

1 Like

Haven’t put much time into the game but loving it! Main gripe is that menu’s are rather finnicky, and on multiple occasions discarded the wrong card or ended turn when I didn’t want to.

Also, seconding the Steam version! I would much prefer to buy it on Steam (and hide it from library) than Patreon

2 Likes

Yeah, generally when in battle, i would use the mouse if possible. and keyboard for the deck editor :slight_smile:

as for steam, i’m still considering it. bit more than before though.

Another question is blackjack suposed to be played only once in demo or not?

And is there a list of cards somewhere?

1 Like

It should reset each day. If it’s not, I’ll investigate and see why that is happening :confused:

I’m sorry, this will be a little off topic, but let’s just say I would love to subscribe to patreon, but unfortunately this is not possible in my country. Will there be an opportunity to purchase the game, say, through steam or boosty, in general, those sites that are outside politics?

2 Likes

I tried accessing bootsy and it didnt allow me. I may add a purchase link into itch down the track. Steam I’m looking into at the moment.

2 Likes

If you live in Russia, there is a way to sub to patreon through a third party. You can dm me for more info.

1 Like

There’s one dark fairy card that’s really easy to exploit.
There’s a card that gives you 30 height when you have 10 or so corruption and 5 or more dark fairy cards in your discard. you can then just handloop the card using the card that let’s you add 2 cards from discard by discarding one. that basically gives you 30 height per turn, until you need to reshuffle your deck. i got 600 height in 2 matches with that card.

this game’s demo has been updated, btw do some of you know how to read the effects of statuses?

2 Likes

In my discord, there’s a compendium that has a list of everything. So if you are looking for specific status or what cards do, that’s the best place to go.

this link seems to be outdated >_>

Seems to work on my end? Never changed the link for it.
Ah, expired.

1 Like

Can’t save in the demo version? This sounded promising, so I downloaded the demo. Figured I’d try it out and get the Patreon if I was into it. I’m not the type of fella who has hours to spend playing games, so the Save feature being disabled in the demo is a huge issue for me. I can’t properly demo the game if I can’t save after half an hour and come back to it later. Definitely not going to hop on the Patreon if I can’t decide it’s something I want to do.

You can save at the end of each day.
Thats when it prompts you to.
It’s mostly designed like that so you can’t save scum to get better results when the ai fight each other. Or if you lose.

The save will appear once you head to sleep for the day and it will prompt during that time.

1 Like