Juxtaterrestrial's Total Belly Conversion Mod Devblog (v1-1-0 and earlier)

are there any mods that have planned compat, like maternal reads?

There will be no mods compatible at launch.

Any future mod compatibility will be entirely up to the developer’s of said mod.

I will not be attempting to port old mods for my new mod - the back ends will not match up and the lore will be completely messed up between them.

The initial release is tested, packaged, and uploaded to media fire. Version 1-0-0

Patron will get access automatically on March First 2021: Juxtaterrestrial is creating Belly focused fetish text | Patreon

Everyone will get access on April 1st 2021.

4 Likes

For version 1-1-0 ( the next version after the initial launch) will have muscle gain and loss in it.

The code is already written. It works.

Basically exercises will burn calories for specific body parts. and at the end of the day calories will be spent to increase the muscle mass of those parts.

I also put in a much less lossy weight loss system. burned calories get taken from fat first, then muscles. Lost weight is removed more or less flatly across all body parts (to simulate stubborn fat. have you ever heard someone complained that they can’t get rid of belly fat or something? This is one of the goals. Additionally for the most part, you can’t target fat removal with exercise. The body does not pull from specific places.)

Anyway you can have strong fats now.

The reason this got done was for the post release update i was planning on banging out my mobility system first before diving into skills. I don’t want just a “you are X fat so you get X mobility penalty”. I want mobility penalties to represent in some way your proxy’s ability to move around. Their muscle mass for example.

So the idea is that if you have mobility issues you can work out.

Mobility issues for the moment will be represented by a tiredness penalty when moving around the city. You can get swol to attempt to fix that. or you can mask the tiredness with soda. or maybe sometime down the line get a self driving car to fast travel.

Anyway, the math is done. I am planning on redoing the description box to represent the changes, and adding a gym and exercise options to you can get swol if you want or need.

I should also clarify that i have done, and do not plan to do any kind of nutritional details with weight gain and loss. I don’t feel like dealing with that math.

Also there is another tidbit. So right now the mod assumes that a character will always be a base weight and size. So like you cannot become emaciated in the mod. the smallest you can be is skinny. That being said, that means if you burn calories when at the max skinny, then nothing really happens to them.

And one last math point - you also now have to eat more to stay fatter/muscular. Your accumulated calories and muscle have calories costs associated with them.

Sorry for the ramble, but i spent 15 hours getting the muscles and weight gain and loss to work and i needed to tell everyone…

And now i’ll leave you with this swole MF. I tested what happened when i gave a character 100 ponds worth of calories and 100 pounds worth of arm exercise. (the typo is fixed in the indev version already)

7 Likes

As a reminder, this is not included in the first update. V1-1-0 would come out april 1st for patrons at the earliest, and may 1st for the general public.

2 Likes

You’re doing god’s work here man. Can’t wait for the first public build. :ok_hand:

4 Likes

So are you all ready for some MATH?

So i fixed some math today that i messed up in the weight/muscle gain/loss.

I realized i never detailed my fat math.

So based on research I’ve compiled this handy dandy conversion stuff. This is not super metabolically accurate(nutrient profiles and hormones and water weight, et cetera), but it’s good enough for a weight gain game.

So here it is.

to gain one gram of fat you need to consume 7.7(repeating) calories. I shorten it to 7.7. Same for muscle.

So that gives you fat weight. Since fat is less dense than water you multiply the weight by 0.9 to get the volume of fat in cm^3. For muscle, you can convert between volume and weight 1-1. 1 gram of muscle is equal to 1 cm^3 of muscle.

Anyway in code when ever you change bodypart.fat you also need to change bodypart.fat_weight. Since i was doing math with fat loss, i was converting values from fat to weight by multiplying fat by 0.9. which is the wrong direction.

So i spotted that and fixed it. Just thought I’d share lol.

Also ##new weight gain and loss feature##

So i have it so that fat and muscle add to your daily burned calories, so you have to eat to maintain your weight. But today i finished up my code for muscle decay. If you don’t work out you lose muscle mass. So what this code does is every day it turned a small percentage of muscle back into calories. So your weight wont’s change, but your composition will. If the muscle girls and guys you play with don’t work out they’ll turn to mush.

I have the rate set a little higher than reality, but that’s because i want the effect to be noticeable on play time scales. It can be avoided entirely by working out regularly. and it’s balanced by the fact that other weight loss gets taken from fat first, and only touches muscles once all your fat reserves have been exhausted.

I also added another math fudging thing. So basically to calculate measurements the code takes the volume of fat, muscle, and a base body size and assumes it’s a sphere. It’s all an approximation that works well enough. The problem is when i calculate belly.size (how far a belly sticks out from a torso in cm) it doesn’t work well for small amounts of belly fat/muscle. So lie, you’ve got 50 pounds of fat on your belly. It’s a perfectly fine approximation for my use to assume it’s like a person holding a ball of fat against their stomach and assuming that it averages out with like sag and stuff being imagined.But with say, only 1 pounds of fat on your belly, that doesn’t work. it’s like a baseball lol. realistically, having only 1 lb of fat on your stomach is barely noticeable. The original game’s base code gets around that by basically just shifting the belly sphere back into the body by a set amount. I’ve gotten around this by using a way more complicated method of developing a formula that changes the curve so to speak. so basically small values of belly.size get displayed as being way smaller, and as belly.size approaches a given value, the displayed value gets closer and close to the actual value. The value i chose is around 8 inches. completely arbitrary. but it makes the change is belly size more natural at lower weights.

This is not what i wanted to work on the last to days but i noticed a dumb little size discrepancy that needed to be fixed.

Anyway my current project besides that is to redo descriptions again. My goal is to have a nearly flat description, and somewhat chubby description, and a large description for each body part.

The reason for the redo is because i need to add cases for weather a bodypart is soft or hard and muscle vs fat. I can’t just describe everything as fat anymore.

That’s going pretty well.

After that i will be making a gym location to work out. need some place to get swol. The idea for that is you can do body based exercises that give higher calorie burns if you’re fatter (more body weight) or you can do weight stuff and choose what plates you put on a barbell.

Either way i wanted ti add the ability to do reps with a click, so you have to watch your tiredness carefully. I might add a sort of short term tiredness, so you can recover just by passing time through the day.

After that more work on my mobility system. it’s a stub now. But i want to do some calculations to determine how strong a proxy is based on muscle mass and use that to determine mobility.

Along that line, even walking around the map will burn calories.

Aaaaand all that is what i have either done or planned for V1-1-0.

I want to try and make smaller updates to update more readily. At this rate V1-1-0 should be out a month after the initial release.

5 Likes

That sounds real good, just stumbled upon this and left you a patreon subscription. Didn’t even know people are actually still working on fmaster and mods, delighted to see it. Looking forward to the march first my man.

1 Like

I very much appreciate it, thanks!

To be fair, i did take a very long break because of burn out.

But i think i have things structured nicely now

1 Like

I know that feel. The fmaster really strikes a nerve for me somehow, really enjoy playing it. One time i took the paradise mod and did a bunch of changes to it to adjust it to my liking, even started to understand the programming behind it and made my own event chains and such. Somehow got burned out doing that rather quick even tho it was actually rather fun, can’t imagine working on it for so long which is why i appreciate your work even more.

edit: Oh and one little thing which is something i somehow didn’t figure out back then, you know how to change the UI in fmaster? A completely simplistic dark mode would absolutely be enough, just point me in the right direction and i’ll do the changes myself once march 1st comes rolling around.

3 Likes

That is beyond my skill set. Though if you ask @jimbobvii very nice he may be able to do something as he’s been fiddling with the sourcecode.

To be honest, I’m pretty awful with GUI design and the like, so I’ve never delved too deep into the source here. I believe the gray layout is basically a default scheme, as on Linux it seems to be affected by your GTK2 theme settings, which would be useful with a dark GTK theme. Unfortunately that’s about as close to a proper dark mode as I’ve ever gotten, and unless you want to do something ridiculously overwrought with WSL, it’s not really much of a solution for Windows users.

That said, changing the colors in the source code and recompiling isn’t difficult so much as it is time consuming; if there’s a way to batch-update the background colors of every frame and panel matching a specific color in NetBeans, I don’t know of it. But since the UI basically just uses white and one shade of gray, it’s not all that difficult to go through and manually update things. I might look into it as a time-killer, but it’d be a separate jar file rather than an in-game dark mode toggle.

1 Like

Appreciate the answer. Literally just making the program itself darker and the text white would be everything i want. Tends to be nightime when i play this game and the bright UI can be a little bit of a strain on my eyes. It’s absolutely a novelty request tho and not needed at all.

1 Like

So here is what i’ve gotten done with the descriptions rework:

I’m going to do a pass at the capitalization before I move on, but this is generally how the new description will look. It describes arms, legs, butts, belly, back, and love handles. The breast description is just the same as the base game. I don’t feel like touching it until i actually touch the code that handles lactation and what not. I also dropped a few details like face chubbiness. just been working on descriptions all week and i want to not continue to work on descriptions lol. I accidentally deleted like 4 hours of work last night and had to redo it, so this is pretty much what you’re getting.

But the up side is that it now describes things a bit differently based on the ratio of fat to muscle.

Example with the same character that has cut a bunch of fat:

They have a shit ton of muscle. Something that kind of bothers me is how a highly muscular belly can be round. But i also figure that people don’t generally put 200 pounds of muscle like they might with fat. So with the things i have planned, muscles should be harder to gain a lot of.

When i hit exercise next, my plan is to distribute a total amount of calories burned between just general calories burned, and muscle building calories burned. Does that make sense? So like, if you’re lifting the same weights, you run into diminishing returns. you’d still be burning calories, but your wouldn’t really be building muscles.

So like i said, I’m planning on having it so that if you want to get stronger, then you better be upping the iron. On a similar vein, i mentioned before that i want to calculate muscle strength based off of muscle mass and use that to determine mobility. well along that same line, if you’re proxy is fat, and you have them do pull-ups, they’ll get more out of it than a skinny person. Or their fat might get in the way? Don’t quote me on that. I’m going to focus just on the weight part of it without factoring in weather or not someone’s belly is too big for them to do pushups(stretch goal).

5 Likes

Quick little update.

I re made how the arm measurements are calculated. I use cylinders now instead of spheres.

I did that because i was getting into muscles strength. And i have implemented a working version of that for arms. There are scenarios where it works pretty darn accurately, and some where it’s kinda iffy. I have a few ideas to tweak it that i’ll work on tomorrow. Right now it seems to represent women pretty well, but i think it’s going to fall short for men. I might have to add some kind of multiplier for men or something. I’ll have to see.

I’ll be doing similar changes for the legs, but the math will be a bit different.

Mostly, the force of muscles on the arm is reduced to 1/7th due to the geometry of the arm. Sure. Have a couple sources that say this. So that’s what I’m using.

What i can’t find, is some number to represent how the kneecap affects the force of the legs. I’m pretty sure it multiplies the force or something? But i need that number. if anyone happens to have that number that would be very useful. Otherwise i’ll just make something up.

5 Likes

Applied the same code to legs. at this point the modifiers are just there to produces something kinda reasonable. I apologize well in advance for any wonky edge cases.

I was planning on having butt strength, but I’m not sure how i would use it in game right now, so i may put that off. besides that i will calculate strength for the back and stomach, which should be straight forward at this point.

After that I’ll work on the gym and other exercise related stuff. Running through the park. free weights. Body exercises.

Then after that mobility stuff using this fancy new strength code. And that is what i have planned for V1-1-0 though i might add some other minor stuff. Some new foods. Thematic stuff. Like protein shaks or something.

3 Likes

Another quick and small update

Added the muscle math for belly and back strength. I’m the least confident about that. i’ll have to tweak it as more content around it is introduced.

Not touching chest strength because i will wait until i dive into the breast code to handle that.

Next up is the actual exercise stuff so i can actually test all this stuff in world.

2 Likes

If you are interested I have Java code/math for hemispherical shapes and truncated spheres that I can share.

Yeah, it would be nice to take a look so i know what my options are going forward

Another quick update. Tonight got the basics for exercise worked out. Got the math all figure out and half implemented. Just need to iterate a bit. But with the way i have it done, it should be easy to copy and past the stuff from one related exercise to another.

4 Likes