Lysithea's Sweet Escapades Redux - A Weight Gain RPG based on Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Just leave the village.
That’s a bug that will be fixed

3 Likes

I cannot express how happy I am to see a Xenoblade ad on my thread.
Xenoblade is my favorite JRPG franchise ever. If you haven’t played any of the games, you absolutely should!

10 Likes

Sorry for going offtopic from the thread but it’s the same for me. Haven’t played XC2 but I really liked the original, and Xenoblade Chronicles X must be one of my favorite games of all time, such an amazing world to explore and chart. Even if I didn’t really like the story too much, it’s a one of a kind experience and feels amazing to play

2 Likes

The world and combat in X are frankly amazing. The characters and story are lack luster, but the sheer experience of exploring such an alien, yet real feeling world is one that surpasses even the other Xenoblade games.

Xeno 2 has the slowest start out of all of them, but it has so much postgame content and the combat system allows for so much customization and exploitation that it’s a blast to play. It also has a kind of weak story that lacks much of the serious tone of the rest of the franchise (not saying it can’t be serious, but it’s a lot more light-hearted)

Xenoblade is the best overall hands down for me, the best example of a perfect video game in my eyes. Everything in it is so fine-tuned it’s a miracle the game exists in the first place.

And the music in all of them is god-tier, without a doubt in my mind.

4 Likes

Currently playing through Xenoblade Chronicles 2, aiming to finish it before the new game comes out in September. Been really good so far.

Between XC:3 and Bayonetta, I’m going to be busy this autumn.

2 Likes

Hey, just joined the forum a while ago. Wanted to post a bug that I found in the game. It happens when you try to enter the rest area in the slime caves with all 3 characters being fat. I was looking forward to what the dialogue would be :frowning:

3 Likes

Oof, that’s rough.
Here’s the OGG, hopefully putting this in BGM will help you.
I hope you’ve been enjoying the game besides that.
The Vaike never forgets! I just don’t always remember.zip (1.3 MB)

5 Likes

I am enjoying the game, you’ve done some good work with this!

I tried putting that folder into the BGM, but the error still keeps popping up. Do I need to do anything else?

You should make sure it’s just the OGG file copied into www/audio/bgm, not an entire subfolder or anything.

Should I delete the other file in there that’s the same, but is a RPGMVO file?

And I just checked, and it’s only the OGG file I’ve put in the BGM folder.

Couldn’t hurt to delete the .rpgmvo version, it’s basically the same file with half-assed ‘encryption’ to prevent people from ripping soundtracks. It could be that the file’s damaged but the game’s still giving it priority over the .ogg version.

I tried deleting the other file, but it still won’t work. I’m currently at a loss of what to do now. Does all that other text with the screenshot have anything to do with it?

Is the file in audio bgm? The file not another folder.

I’ve had the file in www/audio/bgm. Am I supposed to put it elsewhere?

The other error text shouldn’t matter, no; it’s just showing the chain from the original error, which is that the audio file couldn’t be loaded.

I didn’t personally have any issues with that scene when running on Linux, but I might not’ve triggered the conditions for the BGM to play, I don’t remember. It’s really not a good practice to use filenames with punctuation like ’ or ! in them (or realistically even spaces if it can be helped) due to certain filesystem and system locale limitations, but if the file name was changed you’d have to go through the editor and also replace all the places where that file was used, which is a pain in the ass.

So I need to go through all the game’s files and change that file name to the one that shows in the error message?

No, don’t bother with that, I meant in the RPG Maker editor in general. The file name appears to be correct for what it’s looking for; all the %20 in the filename text is just how spaces in the name are handled.

Gotcha, I was confused by that lol.

So, I’m unsure what to do at this point. I think I’m just gonna wait until another update comes.

Hello everyone, I have several important announcements.

First off, I need to address the current state of the game.
Things on the programing side have been stagnating for awhile now, and I’m officially going to announce a hiatus on the game’s general progress in programming/writing. There are several reasons for this, one of which being that I have been rather burnt out, having to do a lot of the programming and the like on my own for awhile now and I’ve been generally put off by my own ability to polish the game up (It’s still in the alpha stage and not even complete yet, but it bothers me for some reason), I have college coming up and last time I tried to juggle Redux and College at the same time, it resulted in my stumbling across the finish line of my semester, and the Marianne update failing to meet my own expectations of quality, despite the fairly positive feedback. The cave and the character are imbalanced and need to be refined to be more enjoyable. Finally, and this is the biggest reason:

On that note, the art side of the game will continue on as planned. In fact, here’s a preview for you all of Obese Hilda, currently in progress.
hilda_beeg

And this brings us to the biggest point of this announcement, more important than the hiatus.
I have put a lot into trying to make this game as great as possible, time, work, and most painful of all, money.
Due to mixups with Paypal and general price of commissions, along with previous work I need to pay to be redone, It’s safe to say I’ve spent upwards of $350 on sprites alone. And this update looks to be at least another $150 alone (assuming I don’t have to pay to have sprites redone once more).
This brings me to my biggest question: If I were to open something, be it a ko-fi, patreon, etc. to help fund art assists, would any of you be willing to donate? All money will be sent only on sprites, portraits, and a custom title screen.
I am learning more and more that I am but one man, and that the ambition I have for this game, and the goals I have far outweigh my meager ability thus far. I am in college and working part time as a stocker. I cannot realistically continue to pay the artist’s asking price without sacrificing far more than is reasonable for my minimal budget. I wish for this game to be one of the big names on this forum, and to do that I need more than just sheer motivation and love for the game and its characters.
So I ask again: If I were to open something, be it a ko-fi, patreon, etc. to help fund art assists, would any of you be willing to donate?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Thank you all for reading this. I’m always here if you want to DM me.
I hope to hear back from you, and I hope that we can make LSE:R truly wonderful.
I plan on making this update be the end of part 1, it will include 5 chapters in total with 2 paralogues, and hopefully equate to roughly 10 hours of gameplay.

11 Likes

I made an account on this website just to say that Carol is the most obnoxious character in all of fiction and I can’t fathom why there’s like 40 minutes of flashback cutscenes dedicated to her