Mochi Moshi! [Active Development]

Is there a demo for this game, or possible to play it if you subscribe to the patreon?

1 Like

Not yet, the script for the game just got finalized a week ago, and according to their plans they’re starting on “Twine Prototyping” now. The comment right above yours gives a general idea as to their development plan.

1 Like

Like the other user who replied to you said, this month I plan on trying to get a prototype out there that will show people how the game is planned on being laid out in a more visual method than just words.

I’m going to be using Twine for prototyping, which is not the program I plan on using for making the game itself. Subscribers of the Project Tier for April and May will gain access to the Prototype even if it’s not finished in April.

The prototype will be distributed on discord only (which is currently for patreon subscribers exclusively ATM) because it’s specifically meant to be a production asset for my co-writer and myself to work through and figure out how we want the game to function beyond that, so I consider it insight on the project more than what you’re subscribing for.

That being said, everyone who is a project supporter and plays the prototype will hopefully provide feedback in the anonymous Google Forms sheet that I’ll also have live to supporters.

Development on the Prototype starts this week (April 8th) actually, I took a bit of a break to catch my breath.

When the prototype is live I will let people know that it’s a thing as well as how to access it and what to expect. Again it’s going to be very limited, one route and will not have any finalized visuals at all. It’s the next step in development before we actually create the game knuckle deep. Thanks to the script though, all of the time consuming stuff is now in visual asset creation, which is very easy to just create dummy images for.

I’ve been rambling on answering way more than just your single question, I’m glad you’re excited for the project! Thank you!

8 Likes

The Mochi Moshi prototype is now available for Project tier backers. I would only go for it if you’re really excited to see one of the routes fully written as well as an early preview of the concept art (these pictures will be discussed in detail publicly later). I don’t want to downplay our work though. My co-writer and I have been going at this project for almost three years and it’s been incredibly fun and creatively challenging.

The prototype is a twine html file that goes through a route step by step as well as illustrates what the plan for the game is visually. It is not fully representative of the full project! I just wanna make that clear before some made up guy in my head gets mad at a twine file I made and goes “We waited this long for this!!!” Like yeah it’s not-- it’s not done yet…

June will start the actual project file creation and exploration/research of one of two possible engine choices for the game. I might stick with my plan of ren’py but I might also go with an alternative choice for more freedom. That being said, the main goal for me is to have fun with this and to bring a fetish vn that’s a bit different than what you usually see.

Thank you for following the project for so long and I look forward to presenting some more solid behind the scenes updates soon!
Subscribe Star here and Patreon Here

12 Likes

I thank everyone who checked out the prototype. I really would appreciate it if you took the survey at the end of the prototype if you have access to it. Doing so gives you access to suggest a character for me to draw for a huge poll chosen publicly. I’m trying to give some sort of incentive so I can get some feedback on it, even if it was a small look into the project.

For public information, I will release the concept files publicly as I progress in development just to let people know how things will go or are going. I’m not sure when this information will go live but it’ll happen in here. I want to maybe release the main txting game screen concept art in here sometime the end of this month or the beginning of next. I hope that the programing time put into this game takes less time than writing it-- but those who know how the game is content wise might know that making the assets for it might be a bit more time consuming. Ultimately I’m going to play it by ear, and to prevent myself from burning out I might request the help of fellow friends of mine to make art for the social media section of the game. I won’t take any requests or queries on how to help with that at the moment though as we’re a bit far off, but drawing 140~ unique pictures for the social media section of the game is a bit of an uphill battle…

Oh well, that’s all a bit of a ways away.

Thank you again to everyone who has had interest in this project, support goes a long way and the prototype will be accessible to everyone who wants to try it out. For patreon users it’ll be linked directly through itch io, for Subscribe Star users it’ll be an HTML file to download. I tried to do a discord to handle the distribution of it but it’s a lot of work making sure people who spend money get access to the thing they paid for so I might as well automate it a bit so people don’t have to wait for me to check!! Links are above, but again I don’t recommend subscribing just for the prototype unless you’re INSANELY curious to what I’ve been up to. You should subscribe to my Project tier if you want to see fetish pinup art AND want to support my endeavors while I create this visual novel. :kiss: Enjoy June everyone.

9 Likes

Here’s the concept for the main screen for the game!
I’m furiously working on the main programming of the VN right now! I hope you enjoy what my vision is!

20 Likes

Seems pretty interesting! Is this texting screen what pops up in-between date scenes with Kazumi?

1 Like

The texting is the main way of communicating the story. Sub-screens include her social media as well as a location selector for the main choosing of the routes. You never see Kazumi go on the adventures but you see what she posts about them, if the player character is involved in the adventures in person it’s usually the last week of the game and they talk about what they did as well as an ending CG screen if applicable. The entire game is from the perspective of what you can do through a phone. I’ll show off more of the game screens eventually, this is just the most important screen!

6 Likes