Monster rancher-like sim/rpg game

Honestly I love it! That plugin is NEAT

As a general rule, I think 3D sprites on 2D (or perhaps a 90s-style 2.5D?) background tends to look nicer and be less processing-needy than 2D on a 3D background. It reminds me of all those early 3D platformer games with uh… questionable use of 3D (ie; so they could market it as 3D).

At the end of the day, I’d prefer an environment with more objects to interact with than one that has more dimensions; the art style looks fine enough in 2D. From my observations, the extra work involved for 3D doesn’t pay-off often for smaller indie projects, fetish-aligned or not.

looks good so far, ill have a look at it once it is playable.

also my preference for wg is belly gain, as id kinda like to see some of those monster girls with a bif tum :smiley:

I agree, looks amazing so far, and I am also looking forward to playing it whenever it is done (not trying to rush or anything, just excited), and I also really like the idea of some belly gain, big soft bellies to squish my face against, its a dream!!
keep up the amazin work and I hope good fortune comes your way

Hey are you alive? you dont die right?

everything is fine, it works, don’t worry

My bad, I failed to update here again,

First I’ve been retouching and redoing some art:

On the left are the starters for trainer class:
Brave Mouser(Redesigned) and the new faun and monolith

On the right are redesigns of Giant Rats, Kobold, Zombie, Slime, Lamia. Mimic, Amanita and Troll
Apart from the touch ups the weight stages were redone replacing the old “L” size with the old “XL” size and designing bigger “XL” forms for faster progress.

Also here are two new originals,

Gaola (left) Kcalcutie (right)

Character creation is finished but for the alpha version you’ll only get two choices of trainer class only:

Lastly battle system is being slightly redesigned once more along with a new visual style, i’ll just leave a visul for now:

The goal was to leave more room for the monsters.

18 Likes

the more screenshots i see the more i want to play this game, looking forward to future updates^^

this gonna be cool to play.

Looks like things are going on nicely.

Keep up the good work :smiley:

Microscopic nitpick, but as a connoisseur of slimegirls, it irks me when I see “Faux slime girls”(mostly human and fleshy, but covered in slime as hair and clothes) like here or in Sakura dungeon, rather than “true slime girls”(100% slime). Not a true complaint, she’s still cute, and I’ll still use her. just a super tiny pet peeve of mine, you can design your monsters however the hell you wish.

1 Like

More importantly… Monolith girl… dat adorable ass! My starter’s picked. XD

Yea I was trying a bit to hard to have a a lesser used style but after a little survey on discord, found that everyone likes the full slimes waaay more. So this is the new design:

I’ll miss the wardrobe malfunctions of the original’s sequences but this definitely adds more diversity to the roster since I’d like to avoid too many “just a girl” type designs.

8 Likes

What do you think about spriggans?

For existing monsters I try to adhere more to the original folklore while giving my own spin. Elder scrolls, depiction is original to their world so i probably won’t go off of that, more fairy-like and more earthy themes like stone and moss.

7 Likes

SLIMY CUTIE! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::green_heart::heart_eyes:

Here’s what i got for spriggan,

11 Likes

CUTE! :heart_eyes::green_heart::heart_eyes:

Continuing to love this. Super stoked to see this as polished as you want it, when you declare a release!

Just added a new chat to the discord specifically for more spoilerish content like later stage stage monsters and even bosses soon. If you don’t care at all for spoilers and want to do some early voting on designs and stuff join and follow the instructions in #dev-log channel Studio Whitely

1 Like