Myantha's Big Fatties add-ons

Starbound shuts itself down due to a dependency issue, everything depends on the base thing, if you’re missing it, it will shut down.

Thanks for mentioning this, apparently Joliair’s popping mod clears effects for whatever reason when you pop, I will make a fix for that myself.

Thanks. Also, I know you might not be interested in inflation, but some users are working on a mod separate from Big Fatties known as Project Galactic Expansion that I originally brainstormed as an idea. The project has its own Discord, too.

I mean, I can look into that if you want me to.

Gonna post a new update soon, it’s gonna have a neat stamina bar (thanks to this: Steam Workshop::Custom Player Health Bar) and some minor fixes/changes
20210520-194358_176x190_screenshot

1 Like

Well, they are looking for spriters to make custom inflation sprites for the seven non-mod races of the game.

Aaand I’ll pass. I can’t draw.

Oh, well… I gave it my best shot…

Uploaded the update, I’ve done quite a few changes to the system so if something does not work properly please report this issue (with a log) here ASAP, keeping the issue for yourself does not help at all, that should be common sense.

Anyway, have fun with the new stamina bar.

Hello Myantha,

I just wanted to express my appreciation for the work you have done so far in modding Starbound, particularly with the “Get used to Fat” mods and your race support generator. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

Yooooooo nice, you made my idea, thanks!

1 Like

I made it something like how it is in TLoZ BotW (since that was also your suggestion kind of), recharges when you stand still or are no longer in the stages for stamina/energy drain for ~3 seconds and you lose all mobility when it’s drained, I’m not sure about the last part, I haven’t played BotW in a long, could also be that it just makes you slower.

Oh, stamina is also relative to your energy, so the more energy you get, the more stamina you’ll have.

Hey just joined yesterday. But I have been observing your mods, and I have kind of been inspired by you to create some race supports in my spare time. Just wanting to say, you’re awesome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ohh i din’t know you could even make a seperate stamina kinda thing, very nice! In BotW it makes you really slow and unable to climb anything but when you stand still Link takes a short break, puts his ands on his knees and gets his stamina back way faster than normal.

ah, I just thought he always stops moving and then regenerates, good to know, may or may not change this later.

(also I know that when being unable to move, walking/running animations can still be played, as far as I know there’s no way to stop this)

I think slowing down the player to a walking speed and making it impossible to jump (what would be almost impossible anyways if we consider the sizes and reduced jumping height) would be a nice way to simulate what happens in BotW while not having to deal with that running while exausted animations stuff.

1 Like

I seem to have encountered a bug. If I try using the bfringfat item with the stamina mod, my character will then be indefinitely stuck in place unless I either disable the mod or turn off the movement effects

what is bfringfat???

It’s an item that you can only get with /spawnitem, effectively when you move around with it active/selected it acts like a treadmill in that you lose weight while draining energy

I don’t know why it would cause that to happen, it could be that it’s messing around with the energy stat or something like that. I will have to check that item out to know what’s going on.

EDIT: I looked into the code of the item and I spawned it for myself ingame to test it out, I am not experiencing anything like getting stuck, I can still move.