Okui - Development Changelog

Idk, maybe, I think it’s relatively easy to transfer the controls for mobile use, but we need to buy a license to publish on mobile devices, and we are not really thinking about it now, but I guess it’s possible

2 Likes

Alright, the demo is finished!
For now, it has to go through testing.

Also, I’ve got a question…
Which system are you using?

• Windows 64bit
  • Windows 32bit
  • Linux 64bit
  • Linux 32bit
  • other

0 voters

thanks!

6 Likes

I’m so excited! I can’t wait to try it out!

2 Likes

Grasshopper grunt and Grasshopper mayor

6 Likes

nice, keep up the great work!

1 Like

Will larger enemies correlate with more fat levels gained after you eat them?

3 Likes

Hmm, we haven’t really thought about it, but I will keep it on my mind

1 Like

would like to see a control config, as space to jump while usin’ the arrow keys is quite odd, mostly when pared with Z and X, perhaps make the up arrow also as an jump alternative?

1 Like

Yeah, we have noted that there needs to be control changes

2 Likes

Instead of adding enemies to the current demo level, I’ve started creating a testing world, with every enemy that’s being added and other stuff.

I’ll release it when it gets bigger, there’s no point in updating every time we add a small thing.

2 Likes

Just an idea maybe for like food like enemies like the snail slimes instead of hurting you they instead fatten you up and maybe like a giant slime that summons more slimes (forget this i saw a suggestion area)

3 Likes

I’m testing some raycasting and enemy behaviour right now.
There’s also artwork rework on the way, but I’ll let @BellyBelting speak about it himself!

7 Likes

Okay, sorry guys I forgot to announce this…

Okay, there will be a big overhaul made to all existing sprites. I have not been satisfied with how the sprites look for a long while now, and these last months I’ve grown as an artist a whole lot, so the team and I agreed with my idea of remaking sprites

Here take a look at how they look…

(These might not be the final design but they are really close to what I’m aiming for)

Yeah, I decided to go a bit retro-ish, I’ve added an outline to not get the background, tiles and the character mixed, and I made a gave a lil polish to them too

This change will not hinder the development of the next demo, but we might mix up the styles just this once. It will be kinda awkward but bear with us…

Now just one question remains… to tongue or not to tongue :thinking:

We’d like to hear your opinions about this matter

Thanks

11 Likes

It looks a lot better! And as for the tongue, blep all the way~

3 Likes

Wow, it looks really good!
The black outline also helped defining the characters better. Previously, now that I gave the demo another look, they kinda blended in with the background, making some platform sections a little more difficult.
Great job with the new sprites, and looking foward to the next demo/ game release!

EDIT: Oh, and bleps

4 Likes

I agree with everyone so far, the outlines help define everything and make it look tons better
AND Blep all the wayyyyy!!!

3 Likes

it looks a lot better, I like the brighter colors on the player character a lot

if the choice is between always blep or no blep then blep. but if sometimes blep is an option I would pick that.
I think I would appreciate the blep more that way

3 Likes

I really like both styles! I think the newer one works better for a game with everything being more outlined. Oh, and definitely to blep! Ninjas must always have their weapons ready, after all :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

why not have both?

“press B to blep”

4 Likes

hmmm…
an interesting and innovative mechanic indeed…

1 Like