Olive And The Ruby Bra

Immediately found the problem. I’ll upload the fix when theres some deadly bugs that need instant fixing, or in a day. Since this bug’s pretty avoidable n all. Yeah dont talk to her from her left, the universe disagrees.

1 Like

So, I usually just lurk, but I thought I’d create an account just to tell you this bug I found that I have no idea how it happens. So after you beat the first boss you go to the tavern right? Well for some reason the game just kinda softlocks in the middle of the cutscene for me, specifically right at this moment.

The second he hits that area he just stops moving. It should be noted that the music also cuts and it is just ambient noises that sounds like people or something. This is my first time trying out the game so idk if that is part of the cutscene or not. All I know is that I was able to recreate the moment multiple times and even tried to do a fresh save to know avail. It may have already been addressed but with 500+ comments it’s easier said than done to find it.

2 Likes

Actually, found some more bugs/ errors, though this stuff is more just trivial nitpicking.

After returning to the pirate ship, the pirate captain teleports back to their desk, when they originally were knocked out at the shelfs.

Another one is after getting the horse for the person at the northern site, the sprite doesn’t change after you’ve fed it to to and instead is just blank, you have to get out of the area and get back in for the sprite to appear.
There’s a spelling error when interacting with the magical chainbikini girl after you’ve done the golem quest, when not directly interacting with her, “got” should be “get”

Currently working on the electric egg quest, though I’m sorta stuck on what to do to get the egg out of the water.
Also does tipping at Brewhucks do anything? Or is that a feature for later?

2 Likes

Really excited to try the new build! I’ve been hella busy lately but either way, I’ll probably give it 24 hours or so since it sounds like there’s a couple bugs to clean up, and then I’ll run through it <3

1 Like

i have discovered the fixes for each of all of these bugs and will update a new version soon, i have NO clue how one of them got by this long. Im just starting with a new file right now to see a few other things I mightve discovered

3 Likes

We finally got an update to the most bucketlicious game in the site! :rofl:
Great job man!

1 Like

So in order to keep myself from experiencing more burnout (since 0.6 was in production since bloody november) I’m only gonna be working on bugfixes for a bit and try to avoid continuously working long nights, so when I’ve got everything figured out for the next major update, I can immediately get back to work instead of going ‘mnrrf but lemme just draw a funny thing first tthen I might do spriting’

also have the canonical size of placehilda haha what a tiny little pisslady (and of course, have good days)

4 Likes

I’m glad to see you didn’t get too burned out on this. Your comedic writing is still impeccable.

I will, however, level one criticism. The stealth section with the barrel, while definitely not something I’ve seen before in an RPGMaker game, was more frustrating than entertaining. I’m not sure if it’s just the unpredictability of the sailors’ turning, or if it’s the incredibly limited FOV, but it began to get tremendously annoying after the 12th time(?) getting caught by an NPC I literally couldn’t see. Also, if you’re going to train us to avoid their line of sight, don’t have the way to get to the final part have us do the exact opposite of what we’ve been taught to do with no indication of changing the rules (having to walk directly in the line of sight of an npc identical to all the other sailors with no indication he’s “focused on those with scurvy”, if it’s not obvious what I’m referring to). I think that’s the part that irked me the most.

Otherwise everything else is great. Good writing, art, and humor. Frustratingly sparse on the fetish bad-end front, but you’re focused on worldbuilding as you’ve said, so that’s understandable.

Edit: Also, Placehilda is best girl.

2 Likes

Is there anything to do after escaping the ship?

1 Like

Aye, the barrel stealth section was incredibly hard to really balance, since the range of this guy’s just so happened to be barely (hehe barrel y) it of the iris of your view. I had the guys set on a random timer from half a second to two, then they’d swap directions, by its possible for them to choose he same direction over and over, so there really isn’t any pattern for them, which can make that section either difficult or boring. Honestly, I’m probably just going to extend Olive’s sight, since seeing the pirates before you can react is probably better than just getting spotted outta nowhere. Also, with the guy who’s focused on his other mates in the beds, of course he’s gonna stop the most important prisoner on the ship who had just came from the captain’s quarters. He’s probably the smartest crewmember on the ship. But I will agree, it isn’t obvious unless he’s staring in a different direction. Maybe I’ll have to have a short lil dialogue piece that goes ‘Where are you, prisoner’ or some shit to indicate that he’s also keeping watch.

As for the second stealth section, I tried making the sign as obvious as possible that said that these other guys have cone sight, and the patches of grass are safe areas that they can’t see to. I don’t know if it’s my fault for making the sign less obvious or my fault for giving them come sight, but I wanted to introduce the two variations of stealth that will take place in the game earlier, which is why they don’t share the same rules.

I’ll definetly change some things around, since I don’t want people to get frustrated to a point in a game of ‘haha butt go fwomph uh oh bigger’, so for the next patch I’ll make things a wee easier :wink:

… and I’ll tell placehilda you said that. Knowin her, shed really appreciate it <3

3 Likes

I more meant that the whole in-a-barrel sequence has you avoiding the sailors’ line of sight, but to get to the captain’s quarters you have to cross that one sailor’s line of sight with no indication of the rules being different for him. I don’t mind him accosting you afterwards, obviously, but maybe have him just face the beds when you’re going into the captain’s quarters instead of facing in a way where his line of sight directly blocks the path you need to take, just to make it more apparently you can go that way to get to the captain without getting thrown back in your cell?

Also, I don’t recall a second stealth section. I’m wondering if I missed something somewhere. The only stealth section I found was the barrel one.

1 Like

but maybe have him just face the beds

why are you not designing this game this is brilliant thank you so much

And about me thinkin you were referring to the second stealth section, when you said ‘if youre going to train us to avoid their line of sight’ my brain immediately jumped to thinkin you were meanin the different kinds of lines of sight that are present in the game, so that was definitely my bad. But I will have the one sailor look at the beds, maybe say something along the lines of ‘but dont you get the idea that im slacking off’ for hinting that hes gonna be lookin later.

Happy to help, though now I’m curious as to what the second stealth section you’re referring to is. Wondering if I downloaded an outdated version of the game. Could have sworn I did everything…

why are you not designing this game this is brilliant thank you so much

Because then this game would never get finished because I never seem to finish what I start :smirk:

1 Like

WAIT A MINUTE WAIT A SECOND hold on i gott achan ge somtthin real quickly nobody do anything ive dropped my brain dont do the horses yet i feel like ive fucked up the gettin caught thingy

either dont do the horses or dont get caught but theres a bigass bug i forgot to yank

edit: okay its fine welcome to 0.6.1. the bandits are no longer pirates and the boat is no longer the game

2 Likes

I haven’t played the game in a while, so I haven’t seen this till now, but…

Damn it. I can’t believe you just outright name-dropped a Chuck Tingle book, and one that I know of specifically, no less. You actually made me chuckle at the audacity of what you did. How could you do this to me?

…That’s all I came in to say, really. While I’m here though, might as well mention that I like the sprite stuff you did, both before and now. Good personality to a lot of it. When I’m doing some of my own work, I’ll probably study some of it a bit. Not amazing, but a little can go a long way.

2 Likes

you could say i made you chuckle tingle

2 Likes

so in the 6.0.5 i did went to where the horses were at bug u didn’t get a bug

1 Like

At the very least the version of the upload that I just downloaded is missing the !DarkForest parallax file from when Olive chases the mage girl into the forest.

1 Like

Oh yeah, thats somethign I have to physically put in the folder myself. Guess I forgot to this time, ill do that right quick

Edit: just shoved it in the folder, new link should have it in. For your current download, maybe check if i put the dark forest thingy in the pictures folder by accident, then you can avoid having to download the game again. If not, then yeh ive got it in the new link

I just took a peek, it is indeed in pictures folder

1 Like