Olive And The Ruby Bra

Yeh, thats what I figured. thats what I get for working on it from 1pm to 5am.

1 Like

Um for some reason when I downloaded The new update all my saved data got erased

1 Like

uhhh that’s extremely strange. I’ll see to it on my end, but this might out of my league of understanding

if you still have the old version with the saves just copy the saves into the new one that what i did

1 Like

Ok I will see if that works

1 Like

DOOR STUCK, LET ME GO

2 Likes

bloody knife sounds

I’ll try to optimize th’ pathin a wee bit better, but I dont think ill ever be able to fix it 100%. But in the meantime, dont go too fast. They might trip.

edit: nvm i fixed it 100%. jesus why dont i just apply myself to my craft instead of preparing everyone for the worst fix in history, cmon me.

Ill upload a new patch quickly!

2 Likes

first oh all how the heck you manage this

3 Likes

Just played the latest update, and I must say that I really enjoyed it. I’m really looking forward to the direction the story is going. Although I must admit that the stealth sections could use some work. I think that they both operate on different rules for both sections. As far as I could tell the pirates had a purely straight line of sight, while the horse guys had an invisible cone. This is a bit confusing, especially since they are in rather quick succession.

4 Likes

just got done with the pirate part now i’m looking forward to the rest

2 Likes

I was skipping dialogue way too fast xd
Btw 2nd time i did this she just went away from the party

1 Like

Spoiler for credits sequence:

I just saw these and they made me smile like an idiot, oml. I’m so glad I’ve helped with this project and such in even the slightest ways. I was completely not expecting to see my username in this, honestly. Please feel free to contact me for literally anything, OARB related or not. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Other spoiler for bugs and such:

~ Dunno how fixable this is, but the stairs on the back of the ship look wonky af when Olive walks up them.
~ Weird thing on the ship, but there’s several instances out of the barrel but seemingly before fighting the lackies where Olive mentions a barrel on her head.
~ Trying to walk back into or out of her original cell plays the food eating sequence again. Indefinitely.
~ I can’t seem to do anything about the guard mentioning the barracks and the horse even though I have the horse quest. Note that I used my old v0.5.7 saves.
Edit: Just found the horse(s).
Edit again: The girl who wants the horse vanishes when the horse is consumed, but can still be interacted with.
~ Related thing, but the horse bandits seem to walk a set path when you get caught and not, like, towards where they see you.
~ Not a bug, but where is Western Dethesal? I might be on the right track, but I’m also pretty dense, so…
~ Olive in the rowboat on the overworld looks like the ship. Intentional?
~ Dunno if this was a bug or not, but the credits left me smiling like an idiot.

If I find anymore, I’ll be sure to edit this post or make a new one.

6 Likes

yknow it seems like a lot of people just really dont like the second version of stealth since its confusing and i can never count on every single person to read a sign so yknow what? im just gonna make it line view.

but that wont stop me from still making it difficult. oho, you just wait. Therell be thOusaNds of thEm. HUNDREDs, even. you dont even know what you’ve signed u p for. PLeAse, you think you Can win? againts thEir numbers? think again. tHeyve got eyes everywhere. theres nowhere olIve can run, theyLl find her. Don’t even thin kyouve got Any chanceS.

9 Likes

So what was the point of the bakery thing in the first town? I was supposed to find his assistant or something, but the game wouldn’t let me do it, it railroaded me into doing the BBQ thief thing first and when that was over the bakery was all taped off by the guards.

1 Like

You can find the assistant though. After doing the BBQ thief quest, IMMEDIATLY go back to the forest and you can go to the area just above her tent and find the assistant.

1 Like

I replayed the game up to that point and managed to get it. It’s really annoying that the window of opportunity to do it is so narrow.

On another note, is there nothing to do with the woodcutter’s house after looting it once, or is that another thing you can miss if you don’t know exactly when to do it?

Last thing, you don’t get NEARLY enough gold in this game for how expensive things are. Honestly monsters need to drop like 5 or even 10 times as much if you want people to be able to buy anything other than the cheapest potions.

2 Likes

A quick thought: how hard would it be to add a thought bubble for Olive after the bbq theft is resolved, just to remind the player to do the bakery quest before returning to whatshisname in the bar?

I ran into the same problem myself in an early run through. There’s just nothing to indicate to the player, “Do this now, or don’t do this at all.”

1 Like

And to be honest, I’ve never once bought a potion, lol.

1 Like

not hard at all. thats a pretty good idea.

but also i could just make it so that after you capture the bandit, she hears a scream and then youve got the choice to have Olive check it out, or ignore it. If she checks it out, it immediately goes into savin the assistant. Thats sort of the idea ive been tryin to muddle with, since it is definitely a small opportunity window with that quest.

i just dont use potions so i can always know the baseline of how a fight can go

i just dont generally use items at all in rpg’s except for pokemon because i dont want my babies dying but if its some swordfighter then heck yeah theres plenty of em

2 Likes

YOU CAN HEAL POKEMON!?!?!? Huh, I’ve just been throwing them away.

3 Likes