Olive And The Ruby Bra

That is not bad of an idea at all, actually. And it gets rid of most the worst problems, being the field fights are barely mandatory anyways if you stay on the roads, and its recommended that you enter the tomb at level three… Having her just start then would be perfect, holy shit.

but I also like the walking tree idea. but also it can probably wait cuz I imagine a walking tree would be more powerful than a fruit bat

What do i need to do in order to be sneaky at the quest with the black haired girl?

1 Like

I didn’t really point that out all too well, but if you need a hint then just follow the path that seems to wrap around her campsite to the left. It’s not like I programmed an entire sneak system into this thing, just don’t try to get close to her. Also check out the weird sack things to the left.

Hmm, while there are advantages and disadvantages to both saving at certain points vs. saving anywhere, I wanna say that I do like the Hen’s and Olive’s interactions so far, so it would be a bit of a bummer if the Hen just up and disappeared. That said, I can understand that a real life situation can pop up anytime that requires you to quit right then and there, and potentially lose a lot of progress.

So, my suggestion is… why not do both? Example: the Hen, at some early point, gives you a side-quest of some sort in which you help it out, and in return, the Hen joins your party as a “key item” that you can use to save anywhere. Of course, it’ll still appear as a save point in the world because… obviously it’s what nature does. Don’t question it, bro.

But yeah, that’s just one way I thought of that might solve the saving issue. Whether you go along with it or not is entirely up to you.

1 Like

I’m, really enjoying the game so far, but I ran into a bug that isn’t letting me progress.

When entering the hut on the nude beach (Which I assume is where the tattoo guy is) , the characters just start walking around randomly and I can’t do anything.

1 Like

can’t approve of this game right now their isn’t a really good way to heal without using all the items you get before the first boss making it really impossible for me to beat right now even if i grind RnG is not my friend, so unless i missed a place where i can heal and grind without using the items i find and get at the start i really can’t recommend this game as it is.

don’t get me long i like the idea of a cursed item and such to be the plot hook for this story but with how much lack of healing their is to the point that it is crippling i can’t progress, died 3 times to that boss just so you know, all at level 1 because i didn’t want to burn through my potions and the carrot i got

1 Like

Wow I really thought I got him to cut that out. Tatman really likes walking around like a weenie, I was positive I removed that from his event pages… Guess not. It’ll be fixed in the next patch! Thank you for letting me know!

1 Like

That is a pretty good idea, the key item thing. But maybe if it’s a 'gotta leave now’s incident it probably won’t happen very much that you wont have time to find hen, so maybe I could have hens eggs be lying around as one time useable save items. This gives the player still incentive to visit hen, but also gives them the ability to leave at any time they’d like. I would have to put like three down for the current play time, I think would be fair.

1 Like

I 100% understand where you’re coming from, a lot of people are having difficulty with the. difficulty. of this game. I have many ways I can fix it, most ideas coming from here, like starting olive out at level three as to always have her (busted) healing ability. Which is nearly infinite during battles. If that doesn’t work however, I could just debuff enemies and call it a day.

1 Like

Yeah i just managed to get to level 3 and finally beat him… i would say do start her off at level 3 from the get go just so that players have that healing ability it will save them alot of trouble and RnG in the early grind and now grinding outside the temple to avoid a repeat of it.

1 Like

Oooh, special time-controlling chicken eggs? Now that’s another good idea to solve any saving issues. Haven’t even though of something like that!

But yeah, as an addendum to my previous post, I just wanna say that if you do implement a limited “save anywhere” system, keep in mind to disable that system at certain key points. I dunno how the game’s whole story will work out, but there could always be a few “points of no return” where there aren’t any enemies to grind, and yet you have to face a powerful boss. A powerful boss that you are either underleveled for, or don’t have enough items to win, or don’t have good enough equipment to survive, etc.

And having the option to save at that moment without knowing what’s coming the first time around… well, if one uses only a single slot to save, it could easily lead to an unwinnable situation and needing to start the whole game over. Not to mention the rage quits.

1 Like

holy shit you beat him at level three? mad props.

Yeah I definitely want to avoid those situations where you can’t go back and there’s a difficult boss. Id like to think this game is gonna turn out to be more exploratory than it is now, with all the winding paths that lead to different parts and such. Especially with my idea of adding holes, that you can access for quicker travel between places.

And yeah, i am one of those people who use a single save slot. ‘organized to the point where it hurts me.’

2 Likes

Alrighty, I’ve played through the rest of the beta and reached an actual end this time around.

With all the gripes about early difficulty, you could alleviate it by adding an item shop here. Nothing too fancy, just a place that could maybe sell some lesser potions as a cheap option, as well as some food for a more expensive option.

Nudist beach was fine, didn’t run into any major bugs, but there is this:

Clarissa’s fat form occupies the red area and whichever way you interact with her, you get the dialogue where she tells you to stop poking her. Similarly, no matter where you interact with her, the sweatdrop appears in the blue square. Note that this all occured before I even went into the Tat-man’s house and got told that I have to get his BBQ equipment back.

1 Like

Kaldr found that one out aswell a while back, but since then ive forgotten. Thank you for the reminder! I’ve fixed it for the next patch, along with tatman not fECKIN MOVING ON HIS OWN (this has been a personal problem for a while now, for some reason the man just would not stop walking.)

Safe to say that nude beach’ll definitely be all fixed next patch!

1 Like

NEXT PATCH IS UP! Here are the patch notes:

• Fixed a multitude of Nude Beach bugs, including being able to talk to Clarissa (Hypothetically the Barbeque Bandit) Before she was ever introduced, and Tatman frequently breaking events by randomly moving around.

• Olive now starts at level three, giving her the ability to use Adrenaline right off the bat. This makes beginning much easier, and grinding in the fields before the tomb unnecessary.

• Finished the bakery side quest line, introducing a new character along the way. (She may reappear in the future!)

• Made it so that when confronting Clarissa (Hypothetically the Barbeque Bandit) you can not leave the scene until you have dealt with her (It’s really easy, it barely qualifies as a puzzle. Don’t think about it too much, don’t make it a ‘There is a door’ situation. (DND joke for those who aren’t into DND))

• Added a new boss, the Mystic Nectar Flower! It supports its allies by making you infatuated by its honey, and hits hard when you start hitting it!

• More holes

• Save Eggs! When you beat a boss, it drops a one-use item that lets you save your progress anywhere. Be smart with em’, there are limited supply!

With that being said, I hope people like a semi-bratty Australian goblin.
(Might’ve fucked up with the aussie lingo and she might sometimes be scottish (???) but that’s alright, it’s a goblin, people love goblins, right?)

1 Like

Quick question: will I break anything if I transfer over my save from the previous version to this one?

mmmprobably? Probably not, but some small opportunities might be missed.

Quick little tiny wee bit of a bug update, i found out what @danny8650 meant by turning invisible. Turns out, they managed to hit the action button on the stranger and the stranger’s event was originally meant to turn themselves invisible before you see them in the trees. But it turns out that the actual event was when the player used the action button on the square they left in, it turns the player invisible. So I just did a quick event fix for that tiny wee bug is all.

Oh, and a crime scene, but that’s not important.

Okay, went through the beta once again, and played the extra bit to the bakery sidequest.

First off - a doubled up sprite right after the stuffing scene:

Secondly, after the Hen whips us back into shape, Olive now has an ungodly slow movement speed. Thought it would go away if she took a nap on one of the beds in Lance’s inn, but nope, it was there to stay. Also after that scene, Olive once again has the tattoo on her butt. I assume that’s not intended?

And a little typo here, with her apparently being a “run scavenger”.

All in all, can’t wait for more of this game, and I have high hopes that there would eventually be more permanent weight gain for dear lil’ Olive! :smiley:

1 Like