Paladin Princess - An Inflation/WG focused RPG - Patreon Launch Announcement

Not every cheese is sparkly, check some of the objects in rooms.

IMG_20230129_220634

How do you do this puzzle?

Think roman numerals

For screenshots you can do windows button+Shift+S in windows. That way you can do custom screen shot sizes or full screen screen shots

16 = XVI and you need to light up the orbs so that it resembles it.

1 Like

F7 also works for in-game screenshots.

What is the panic option supposed to do? It only does marginally more damage than a standard attack. [Add complaint about the XVI puzzle here]. Other than that, I’m looking forward to seeing more of this.

The panic skill was pretty hastily slapped on to give some use for Elaine’s TP if players didn’t want to go out of their way to unlock the cleave skill. It has undergone several changes since then, and will act more as a high but inconsistent damage dealer when Chapter 2 releases.

3 Likes

I swear, I’ve looked forever and still can’t find the last bit of cheese ;-;

1 Like

Felt the need to compliment the music choices in this game, feels like a vastly underutilized aspect of these types of games, so as soon as I heard the beach theme from Plok! I needed to say something lmao. Looking forward to the rest of the game!

And the castle theme from Chrono Trigger’s DS version. Great game, even if only the postgame has any challenge.

Thank you! Expect more music from a greater variety of games in Chapter 2.

3 Likes

wait that sounds awesome. Link?

edit: nvm found it

https://aryion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=79&t=57821

(Looks at the date)
“Oh fuck, this shit isn’t anywhere near finished. Quick, release what we’ve got by the holiday season and add the rest in post-launch!” -Most game publishers

Okay, so it looks like Chapter 2 has blown up considerably in scope than I originally planned, thanks in part to me taking a joke “bad ending” too far and extending it into an hour-long playable sequence. In light of this, I have decided to make things a bit more feasible for the yearly release schedule and split the chapter into two “episodes”.

Thus, I present to you…
(A very much work-in-progress and not presently being released to the public)

Paladin Princess: Chapter 2 - Episode 1

Chapter 2 - Episode 1 will release before the end of the year, and contain all progress that has been done up to that point. The goal is to get about half the chapter finished before releasing, but further deviations from the original plan may change things down the road. As it stands, Chapter 2 - Episode 1 will be longer than Chapter 1, featuring more story, side content, and character scenes (some of which contain actual animation now!) I hope everyone is understanding of this change, and will be looking forward to the update’s release!

Of course, if you’re looking for weekly development updates, need help with the game, have feedback or suggestions you don’t want to post here, or just want to join the community, stop by the Paladin Princess Official Discord Server .

20 Likes

It’s a little strange that it says the that the king isn’t home when the king is in the trone next to him

I’m more surprised the game didn’t shit itself when run on Joiplay. By chance, did you trigger this scene after beating Hayes’ challenge? It’s been a hot minute since I looked into Chapter 1’s events.

Yes, the two remaining things to do where receiving the benediction from the stone and giving it to the waiting girl.
And It works just fine on joiplay

Ah, I see. Looks like I forgot to add a trigger that stops Lepa’s character quest at that point. It should be fixed for when Chapter 2 releases. Thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

I was wandering through the files after finishing the first chapter, and I found images of the PC fatter but in my playthrough I didn’t get to see anything of this, how do I make her gain weight?

2 Likes

Elaine will slowly gain weight as the story progresses. Currently, she only has the first two stages implemented. The other pictures of her larger sizes were made to save me time in the future (so that I don’t have to re-render her poses each chapter.)

1 Like