Project F.A.T. v1.8.6 - Completion

Excuse me, I’m lost, what would be the link of update 0.6?

Currently a person found a bug be patient please

Thank you very much, I thought I was seeing the page wrong

Thanks! Bugs are just the worst.

It’s hard to test things yourself. You miss so many things :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yup! I’m fixing stuff up and I’ll upload it, rather than upload like 8 map fixes.

Shouldn’t be long hopefully. When I took it down it was 2am local time, so I went to bed.

Okay, that should fix some of the immediate issues.
If anything else does come up, post it here so I can fix it for the next release.

Enjoy!

So, reiterating on @leviathon56’s post earlier… In the early game, day 1, the game inevitably crashes at night in the slums map. I can only assume it’s from the number of moving events/ the thief enemies.

Defeating two slimes did nothing to stop the framerate chug, so I can only conclude that the thieves must be causing it, unless there’s a bunch more added to night that I missed.

That is insanely odd… I’m gonna have to do some hard testing on that one…

So that’s City 1 only yeah?
Or is it in city 2 and 3 as well?

Hmm. Futzing around in it right now, still the first weight class, but is there actually a way to reach ‘night’ in the other two city maps?

The loop thus far has been, in order to avoid the crash, play the nonaction tasks, and then run through the forest for treasure. Basically, once I reach ‘3 actions left’, I go to the next day.

update:

So, I triggered “night” via fishing, and the game immediately chugs, as mentioned (as part of this, the music stops, too). I went to City 2, and the game was still framey, and subsequently crashed.

As far as I’m aware, there aren’t any thieves on that map, so something about the ‘night’ phase is causing the problem.

Update #2: Turning it to ‘night’ via napping is fine, while in the lab. Exiting the lab starts the chug. Returning to the lab immediately makes the game’s audio significantly lag, meaning when the music stopped earlier, it actually hadn’t–it just hadn’t gotten to playing yet for some reason. More importantly, returning to the lab stopped the game from crashing.

you seem to have left a couple of swords lying around

Oops! I swapped the tilesets around and must have forgotten to paste over that.

Well, I’m gonna try investigate the crashing issue… I didnt alter night time at all, so that’s weird.

Okay, I think I worked out the reason… I hope…

My sleep event was meant to fade out the current background music and then play a different one,
however, it would lag immensely. Removing it seems to have fixed the issue.

However! Because of my Icon on Event thing, there’s floating stars everywhere, so I’m probably going to remove them as it looks weird.

I suppose that’s where multiple playthroughs come in. Give me about 10 minutes to patch it and reupload the fix.
Importing saves should be fine.

1 Like

also the thing with the slime girl getting stuck at being full never got fixed

1 Like

Oh you’re right! I even had it written down -_____-

Okay. Try that. Should be fine…

also dont eat the fairy wing lady, it causes a blackscreen.

Yup. Looks like I forgot to add the fadein screen bit…

it would seem frustrating running into so many bugs but its kind of fun to find them just to see how many there are in the update.

1 Like

Oh it’s frustrating but it does help. And the more you find the better, means less to clean-up later :smiley:

speaking of, max size slime girl turns into a human model if talked to after eating, it changes back after the dialogue is done