Project F.A.T. v1.8.6 - Completion

Oh that’s a direction issue cause I got lazy with spriting. I’ll make them properly afterwards. Getting the colours right was hard so I only did it for the one facing down.

quick thoughts, ran through to the end of the game thus far, beat the slime pet so I missed the wife event, didn’t beat the queen. If there’s stuff post-that, I’ll go take a look again.

“bugs”/oversights

• The slime farmer and the ‘wants hunger supplement’ woman in city 2 persist after you eat them

*The npc that really wants to be eaten has no dialogue for some reason when in blob phase, while the rest of the City 1 npcs do, albeit it’s the same as the previous phase

• Eating Eloise doesn’t give fullness. Neither does the city 2 buffet event, although that’s probably intentional. Did not do the slums buffet event, assuming you fixed it though?

• Shenanigans involving Lucia’s portrait, although I imagine it’s a pain in the ass to keep track of.

Noticeable changes compared to past version:

• The endgame anti-dash was removed! I was so happy to see that, lol.

• The forest enemies seemed easier. Didn’t check the thieves though.

• The new carrots and apples in the demon house don’t respawn compared to the basement food, not sure if that’s intentional or not

• I really liked the progressing little stories between Lucia and the NPCs, the ‘wanting to be eaten’ girl and the fish girl being my favorites.

Other stuff:

• Is Isabelle in the game, or is that a teaser?

• Does the red demon noble in city 2 do something?

• Not sure how I feel about the praying possibly lessening corruption, in part because I don’t know what it might or might not lock you out of. Maybe make it a choice, unless the intent is to randomly punish the player.

The promise of eating anyone, and reactions from many of the npcs, made this run feel really fresh!

1 Like

fighting skeletons brings up a basic slime instead

there’s around a 3 pixel error on stage 7’s walk animation, i had to go through the files because i couldn’t walk and screenshot at the same time
eating the hunger supplement lady causes her to not vanish letting you eat her several time until it can only select “you look scrumptious” (notice how I’m much over the capacity), afterwards talking with any voreable npc only lets you select “eat” excluding the castle cooks.

and finally, this tree top texture is the wrong tile, it doesnt match up with the cliffline

2 Likes

Absolutely love the update, and want to echo the sentiment that the promise of being able to eat everyone made the latest runthrough really exciting. And the reactivity to the player’s increasing weight was great. That said I played the 0.62 version and encountered a few bugs, and while most of them have been covered, there were a couple I wanted to add.

-The player portrait changes back to the minimum weight portrait when talking to certain NPC’s, and at max weight, the portrait both in the pause screen and in battle resets to the minimum weight

-I still got the insatiable buffet bug soft lock

…And I think everything else I found was already mentioned. But really, besides a few stray bugs, this was a fantastic update!

2 Likes

Yup. I need to go through and check that, considering I re-did every NPC. Missing 2 isn’t so bad…

I may have mis-done the conditionals which check for the size variable. I’ll take a closer look at that.
The eloise one is not intentional i made the mistake of putting weight instead of fullness… I need to fix that. The other buffet (well, restaurant technically) I just forgot to add it.

Some events do need be re-done again for all the size portraits. Couple of the smaller events mostly (aka, both buffets and the contest).

i don’t like going slow, it’s actually frustrating. sure it makes sense but…

I did nerf them a bit, the thieves I didn’t change too much. so you need to be careful still

actually those were always there, but i set them to below rather than same, so you could never interract with them. and no, they aren’t meant to respawn, just the stuff in the basement.

well, i wanted to add a bit of spice to some of the NPC’s, rather than have them be bland.

haha, well, she will be. her storyline will unlock through a guard hall quest. she’s gonna be a rival basically. and will grow as time passes and possibly eat things before you can get to them.

she will also have something added to her, mostly a basic quest for some more money but will fatten her in the process.

well, praying reduces corruption, it’s only 10% though.
this is mostly cause when your corruption exceeds 15, choices will be locked out when you talk to people. sometimes you might not want that, so the option is there.

ah damn, I must have not changed the common event for that…

that’s cause I’m shit at making sprites. i’ll try fix it, but it’s lower on the list…

yeah i missed putting the actual page to remove her…
the removing option is actually intentional and is tied to corruption. since you ate her multiple times, your corruption count went up. when the count is above 15, in most cases, your only option will be to eat people when you talk to them.

ah, that’s an easy fix!

2 Likes

Really? Damn I thought I fixed that! Unless…
OH, it may not have saved. My RPG Maker kept crashing and not saving… so maybe It never did.

2 Likes

idk if you answered this already so if you have im sorry but is there a actual use for the key you get from the wife? it doesnt work on the door for me

If you just click on the door it should take you straight there. The item actually does nothing really…
Unless you can’t actually get into the house. Then that’s an issue.

I clarify that I do not know English and that I use the translator in case they do not understand something, I apologize. I’m just going to notify the errors, because I feel that when you released when the new update was going to come out, we did not count all the errors, the insasiable buffet is still bugs, it eats everyone and goes bald and does nothing else, the bellyslam is bugged. You eat and it appears there as the rewards boy too, and the mystery food girl will also be marked, but if the npc stays there, knowing that you ate it, the screen will remain black and you cannot do anything to solve it , I tried to fill it and it did not work, then the prince in the contest is half burned, even if you have fattened it, in the contests it will be as it left the restaurant, there are some sword out there but not the exaggeration that in the image above, Lucia’s splashart when it is in maximum fullness is like the original and in some conversations with npc it will appear as the original, the slime girl if you speak from the sides another npc will appear, and I noticed that the npc in maximum fullness, it was bug It will be with in the run, if you don’t use shift it will run like a sprint, and when you use shift it will move like in the old versions when you had the maximum fullness.
That would be all that I caught in errors, the only thing that I do not know if it would be an error (maybe it was me) that I think I put the difficulty in normal and when I get to day 60 nothing happens (maybe it was me who put it in easy)

• Insatiable bug was my own fault. I forgot to remove some code in it, which inevitably broke it. Will be fixed for the next version.
  • Bellyslam shouldn’t be bugged. It’s directly tied to your weight. the damage it does is whatever your weight is minus the enemy defense * 2. Please show me in detail what you mean when it’s broken.
  • Yes, a couple of the NPC’s have some issues with the screen fading to black. I will be going over all them again to make sure.
  • The contest is getting re-worked completely.
  • I changed the tilesets around a little, which led to some random stuff being left around the place.
  • I’m aware of the portrait display. It’s going to be fixed when I check all the NPC’s properly.
  • Slime Girl will have proper sprites done before the next update.
  • I may have forgotten to reset the speed in an event.
1 Like

The mega download seems to broke for me. I keep getting a “temporary error retrying” Message every time. is there another link I could use instead?

it worked for me so it might have been bugged for you?

Was asleep when this way typed. I’ll try upload to media fire and see how that goes.

Mediafire link for those having issues with Mega.
It’s the same version without the fixes as I’d rather upload them altogether.

2 Likes

In case anyone else was really into the getting-slightly-taller thing that the third and second-to-last weight stages have going on, I made an edit to the main character’s final weight stage that aims to be overall larger, rather than simply fatter. I’m not an artist by any means, just a macrophile with a dream, but I thought I’d share in case anyone else would be interested.$MCStage7

17 Likes

I love it!
I’ll be using this for sure.
Thank you so much!
Possibly as another stage. Cause we can always go bigger.

8 Likes

I coincidentally did a couple edits of that sprite a while ago too! I really thought it would be cool if the main character got way taller and kept the ability to walk. They’re definitely a bit weird looking but I had fun making them.

6 Likes

Second one here, couldn’t do two images in one post.

7 Likes

Stuff like that is always welcome! and it keeps the theme of the other images unlike my current ones.
also, her head looks odd in the last one, but it can work, since the head tends to sink in if you get really fat.
but either way, i like them alot. might consider using them :smiley:

3 Likes

I really like the general idea of the second one. But I think it needs a little tidying up. If you don’t mind me playing around with it, I might take a stab at it, at some point.

3 Likes