So a while back I brought up the idea of “why hasn’t rimworld had a weight gain mod” I don’t fully recall that but I had some thoughts after playing a few forbidden Mods (Rimjobworld for a example a sex mod) one of them added Breasts dicks and other genitalia as a Health effect in the health pawn option.
So for weight why not have the weight be added their. body changes could be a neat secondary goal but anyone on this site can likely deal with it being pure wording.
of course weight has pros and cons (ending here but will finish up)
- Increased Defense. (likely focused on the chest) the extra fat adds some defense though more from melee over range.
- Increased Melee damage (slash and blunt) melee attacks that use weight in the attack will have their damaged increased due to the added weight to the swing. note stab/pierce damage is unaffected.
- Can go Longer with out Eating before malnourishment sets in. part of this idea is a change to how food/hunger works. with the fat stages a pawn has to get to a set stage before being malnourished. Fat is a fuel for when food is lacking. its how bears make it though hibernation that eat a lot and store it as fat then uses that fat while they sleep.
- Increased Social impact. the rim is a harsh deadly place. food can be scace and you have to be in your best shape to survive. so that fact you can afoird to have a pawn or many Fat and “lazy” means your doing well and Traders will be impressed with your colony and more willing to bend on prices and the like.
- Increased Cold protection. all that fat is a great insulator. I mean thats why seals can stand the cold despite not being all that furry, it’s blubber
More if they seem reasonable.
- Slow Movement speed. all that weight slows you down after all.
- Raised heat sensitivity. just like how the fat adds to cold insulation it keeps heat in lowering head insulation
- Bigger target. as any hyper weight fan knows all that mass makes for a bigger target.
4.maybe, Possible armor restrictions. this one is depatable. I don’t want anyone who wants a person to gain weight to also be restircted in armor. and while for main armors I could easily argue that it could be shaped for a large pawn I don’t want to limit anyone to small set of gear.
SOMETHING I FORGOT TO ADD!
Muscles and weight Loss.
gaining the weight is all and good when your colony is doing well and can afoird it. but maybe something happens and you can’t but your best pawn is a mass of fat. you need ways to remove it.
and whats the point of exercise if you only lose something from it.
So I think that a muscles system should be included But not counter to weight but complementing it. you can be fat and still bench weight.
Weight loss methods. Normal heavy labor. mining farming hauling that that a lot of moving around. reserching and crafting being more stationary would likely lead to more weight gain.
exercise gear. as always treadmills dumbbells punching bags the like lose weight and gain muscles
Libosuction. have a doctor remove the fat. just cuts away a lot of the weight maybe turn it in to some kind of item. likely leave a scar and needs a modest doctor for it never helps with muscles