Royal Banquet: A quick princess themed, stuffing romp. UPDATE v1.4: Divine Dining Edition

Played through and got the overstuffed ending, will go back through and see the other ending, have to say really enjoyable experience, your dialogue writing for the characters is great. Really appreciate the quick start allowing you to get to know the princess by exploring her room, overall her character is quite enjoyable to witness and the chats with the guests do foreshadow some interesting future interactions. Sound effects were well done, really like how you paced the scene after the stuffing, the descriptions and object interactions was definitely something I was not expecting and brought a nice extra dimension of immersion.

Regarding the mini game I think that was perfectly fine, for me having the minigame centered around acquiring the food is fine but I also enjoy minigames centered around the consumption of the food as well, not saying that was necessary, I just notice that a lot of times there is a balance to be struck in terms of the ‘acquiring of food’, ‘consumption of it’, and of course the ‘aftermath’, in this case the consumption part was relatively short in favor of the other two, again not a bad thing, just something that came to mind, honestly its a preference and could be played with in different ways.

Keep up the great work! will try to get the second ending now hehe

3 Likes

I was genuinely surprised at how funny and well-made this was. Like, damn.

Great stuff, if you’re working on more content I’m super excited to see what you have in store.

3 Likes

Decided to give it a go :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Again, thank you so much for all these warm replies!
I hadn’t expected two Let’s Plays in a single day, lol…

I’ve written down a short goal list of what to expect in future versions of this game, from short-term goals to long-term ones.

Next Update:

• Bad End in the kitchen concerning the maids.
  • Lengthier stuffing session in both Stuffed! and Overstuffed! pathways.
  • More interactable objects in the kitchen.

Short-Term Goals:

• A better belly sprite overall
  • A headband change for the Head Maid, to tell her apart from her subordinates
  • An four-way room which leads down other paths, though blocked for now.

Long-Term Goals:

• Several different pathways leading to different expansions. These will include pregnancy, slime expansion, blueberry expansion, and of course general weight gain. Examples being heading into a secret dungeon where the slime king would live…
  • More interactions with NPC’s. Specific pathways will have you encounter one or two NPC’s from the dining hall.
  • A unique, original sprite for the Princess, instead of being a palette swap with the princess sprite already ingame.
  • More bad ends
  • An eventual male option where you can play as a spoiled Prince, if you so desire.
  • Hairstyle selection screen, simply for customization.

Once more, thank you for all the warm responses thus far. 1k downloads already - it feels almost overwhelming.

This will most likely be the last time you hear from me until I acquire RPGMaker - unless you have more questions about the game thus far. Once more, thank you all very much!

18 Likes

If you have not already considered this, I’d like to recommend putting this game up on itch.io, since it has a nice ‘pay what you want’ system that could help with acquiring funds for purchasing RPGMaker MV. Personally I’d gladly donate to help you continue your creative work on this.

2 Likes

Hello all!
Quick update: RPGMaker MV went on sale a lot quicker than I anticipated. So I’m happy to say that Royal Banquet is back in production! I’m going to be around the forum a bit to get a couple questions answered, mostly about how to get bigger sprites to work and how to get bad ends functioning…

I’m unsure when the next update will fully be out, but I will say that next update I aim to have

• Bad End 1 concerning the maids in the kitchen
  • Bigger sprites overall
  • A glimpse into other pathways

Thank you all for being so patient! I can’t wait to finally start working on this long-term project!

edit: Made a link in the game project forum specifying some of the bigger questions I have.

Hehe, bigger.

19 Likes

Downloaded it today and I must say I like it^^
Can´t wait for future updates and I hope there will be a path with the flirting dark elf girl who want´s to test your limits from what i read in the overstuffed ending^^

3 Likes

Just another quick update, this time a preview of the new sprites! The kitchen is as busy as ever…

26 Likes

Oh dang. I like the new sprites. Great work. Can’t wait to see where this goes.

1 Like

I checked this game out the other day after holding off for a while, and I’m impressed with the amount of detail. The characters are fun to talk to and the narration adds a lot of character to each route. I’m excited to see what you have planned.
If I can make a suggestion, how about an alternate ending specifically for grabbing no food? Not a high priority, I know, but it could add a bit of character to the game.

3 Likes

I used both autoclicker and autokey to LITERALLY clear the entire table after many tries (except for the fake pie). Disappointed there was no secret ending.

Other ending ideas:

• Eat a cupcake from the cupboard before the feast (this might backfire if you eat more than 10 plates)
  • While the timer is ticking, return to the kitchen (perhaps to be forcefed while the queen is distracted)
7 Likes

You cleared the table, and all the guests as well it appears…

1 Like

It could really have a secret ending to when the table is cleared, maybe a reward image at the end of the game of the princess and her huge belly

1 Like

Come back to give a general report and uh…did not expect speedrunning to happen already.

Honestly, I give you props for actually somehow clearing the entire table. I’ll have to come up with something if you manage to actually complete that in future builds.
I’ll also have to fix the fake pie, it’s not supposed to be a fake pie. And figure out how to fix the thing where the guests disappear if you somehow clear the entire table.

Seriously, good job.

As for general updates:

Bad ends are much easier to code than I initially thought, so there’ll definitely be more than 1 in the next 1.2 update, which I plan on having a release in early May. The real struggle I’ve been having as of late is mostly spritework. Paired with my actual job, a couple real-life general medical appointments and family get-togethers, things have been pretty slow. But I will say that I’m about 85% done as of the time of writing. Expect more princess shenanigans, about 3 or more new areas to explore with an expanded gut, bad ends like stated above, and incredibly mild lore bits if you’re into that sort of thing! I will add a general disclaimer: it’s not going to be a massive update that transcends the realms when it comes to content. I’m still relatively new to RPGMaking, so when it comes to additional content, there’ll probably only be about…15 to 20 minutes of extra stuff. After 1.2 releases, I’ll focus on Royal Banquet 2.0 which I hope to surpass even this update.

Also, we’re about to reach the a threshold of 3’000 downloads for the original Royal Banquet release! I can’t thank you enough for that amount of downloads - it’s actually insane on how many people have played this silly little experiment of mine! I wish I could provide some sort of extra additional thank you, but I’m pretty low on ideas, haha…

Thank you guys for being so, so patient!

9 Likes

Unfortunately, one of the skills I severely lack is artistic talent. If I were to add actual images like that you’d see on Deviantart, I’d have to commission someone to do it for me. It’s definitely crossed my mind, though…

5 Likes

You might get lucky like me! I say just make your game as best as you can, you might get some offers for artists looking to improve the project.

3 Likes

Even if no one offers, I feel like this game is already doing plenty off the strength of its prose and presentation already.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve played quite a few RPG Maker games that just use default edited sprites but they work thanks to the writing and presentation.

1 Like

Thank you guys for your super kind words.
As of right now I am like, almost two hours away from release of Royal Banquet v1.2
With some last minute testing and extra addedums at hand, I want to make sure it’s all perfect before I package it for the masses.

my back feels like paper mache

6 Likes

The newest update is FINALLY out!

11 Likes