Runic Girth Alpha Build (.0001).vr5 is LIVE Wave 2 Characters

oh I didn’t know that, it could be a few things I have Tabitha have some personal days off but I will have to see what the deal is. I need to overhaul the NPC schedule system anyway as it can’t function with the save feature. best I can say right now is that going to bed should reset her, I will look into this later thank you for telling me about this.

1 Like

Saving is in now folks…

Version 3 Report

After 2 and a half days I believe I have a save system working. Only took me having to throw everything a way and use scriptable objects :disappointed:. I will have to find a new way to handle save data but as of right now this makes a decent band-aid for the current size of the game but with more NPC’s in the works this system won’t be around for long.

Secondly it no longer will rain (Visually) sadly it will on the calendar but the weather system doesn’t seem to like it when days are skipped and pretends that the effects are deleted. I don’t know why that happens.

There’s also a bug on unity’s side where in the new Input system if you have a controller plugged in Keyboard inputs don’t get registered (that was an afternoon) :slight_smile:.

I was informed that the shop doesn’t work after Wednesday I will look into this and see what the problem is I will then get back to you all on this matter. Truth be told the schedule system is going to be changed from the ground up because I can’t get it to save with the save system and it just lead to errors through out the entire system.

My next task for this game is to take the code and move it into a new unity project file remaking and simplifying the code this problem has made me realize that I need to have the game run smoother and streamline some code while I’m doing that I will also be making new NPCs along side and put them in this current project information about the new characters will be on my Patreon when I have them uploaded. until then I hope you enjoy.

Let me know if any more bugs come out of the wood work your input helps a lot any support is welcomed.

Honestly thank you for making such an interesting game with a good concept. I really like the idea of the farming and day systems.

I don’t exactly know how to sleep, as when i go to the bed I don’t know how to toggle between options and it always seems to default to “no” option. This is almost 100% due to my ineptitude with the system of the game. The weight stages may also not shoe up? Again more so probably my ineptitude rather than a bug. Sorry about this, i don’t mean to sound whiney or anything. I really did enjoy everything thing that was presented in the build and I am looking forward to seeing this game progress and I hope you have a good break if you do take one.

yeah the bed and save UI are weird, I think that it’s because so many automatic things are happening in the background that it reacts slower than the other UIs I got it to work by pressings left and right on the stick/AD Key and moved back to the prompt I wanted sorry about that thats something thats scheduled to change it’s better to manually make the UI instead of having an automatic one that barely works

the previous version I had the threshold for weight gain high for a slow burn type thing but since it’s an alpha the latest build has drop the calories needed to gain weight drastically so you should see it happen faster.

and trust me I will take a break for the time being and thank you for the compliments.

1 Like

So, quite a bit of things to comment on. A lot of what is said has been posted before, but this cumulates that a bit. I don’t intend on updating this post, but this is what I’ve experienced. (This is post-save patch)

1.) Menu and Interactables are finnicky, not wanting to confirm. I spam A and D to confirm if the menu is even interacting and sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn’t.
2.) Save can be active but the continue button from the main menu doesn’t work. I had a save with the entire farm cleared out (Which took me an hour), only to close and reopen to find that I can’t continue, so I was forced to start a new save with all that effort gone.
3.) While normally I’d consider this an issue, but considering that fact that you don’t get seeds from farming normally, I’d argue it’s a debug measure, but Item Duplication via the Shipping Menu and Storages allow for infinite seeds using one seed at a time.
4.) Speaking of the Save that I reset, the Shop didn’t work for me on that run which was the whole reason I tried to restart. I didn’t know to use it until around day 28 on that run. It worked on the first day on this run so far.
I understand you are looking to overhaul the NPC system, but as a suggestion: I think it would be best if the shop was open at all times on 3/4 specific days each week, alternating to allow people to buy one day and then speak the next for testing purposes. Obviously change it back later, but bug testing is easier with less variables to manage at once (Not to mention, it takes soooo long for 11am, and I’m writing this post waiting on it). It could be the timer or it could be the dates, but I can’t really determine the cause.
Another suggestion is MP regenerating with the time that passes. Say, every 30 minutes in game = 1 or 2 actions returned. Or even an item to regen it. Just a thought due to my preference of being able to do all the busy work earlier, and then having fun afterwards.

TL:DR: Menus are freaky, Shop bugs out after some time, Item Duplication is feasible, Continue button doesn’t work, also no load button for ingame to accompany the save button but that’s a seperate issue.

Those are what I found now, but for the most part, good framework on the actual gameplay aspect. The tiles when farming can be a bit finnicky, but overally nothing to comment on past that. Take my suggestions as you will, but I look forward to seeing what you can do regardless.

1 Like

I try to collect the seeds after a few days when they are grown but nothing is added to my inventory i am using the sicke

And the shop doesnt work even sfter dsy 28

Different food items can regenerate mp and hp. I find the french fries the best for this to be quite honest

Also are you getting the shop to consistantly open on days up until the 28th? if so could you tell me how as I still can’t get it to work after Tabitha takes on the 3rd day.

Also, unrelated to what I said above but the game will occasionally move between days whether by sleeping or becoming exhaustion, it will stay on the black screen it fades to and render the game unplayable until restarting it.

1 Like

more time in the oven was needed but then I found out the oven was unplugged.

I managed to get the save system to work for real this time. I also opened the shop to stay open until I can work out what is wrong with the NPC schedules. I believe the reason why the game would freeze while sleeping was a result of the old save system still being active with some codes and due to that old system constantly deleting itself the code had no where to go, thats gone now.

the shipping bin dup is a result with how archaic the Inventory system is I’ve been wanting to make a new one but I didn’t want to fall in a rabbit whole of remaking the same thing till it works so that going to be something in the revamp project that I have to do later.

Side note some field objects are spawning on top of each other I don’t know why thats happening but I managed to fix it to a point where the object that gets destroyed will take the other objects with them. also crops aren’t infinite any more once you pick them they are removed from the soil.

Lastly funnily enough I forgot to make the player character keep their weight when saving and loading so I kind of needed to go back to the build anyway, again let me know about any other issues arriving and I will deal with them.
-JM

3 Likes

from what i have seen so far i cant wait for the game to be more fleshed out

1 Like

update to this projects future in the OP ( I thought editing would update it’s status who knew)

1 Like

how is do i get the turnips after they grow?
edit: nevermind its the same way you pick up the weeds…

This is extremely alpha build but it’s got potential, It already has great fat body even with the clipping aside when you gain weight i am quite impressed by the model, This also gives me Harvest Moon vibes to some degree and it’s in 3d so that really helps with the comparison to the modern titles.

And i feel like bugs like item duplication was on purpose as to play around with things and it was the easiest way for me to test the weight gaining system so i have no complaints with it.

Obviously these things will be fixed in the future but this is a fine start to something great.

2 Likes

thank you for the input hope you enjoy the results as they come :slight_smile:

New Update:

it’s nothing big I gave Tabitha a home and changes to the interior models . they haven’t been textured yet but it makes for a good base.

the insides of peoples homes won’t have that much thought put into them for now until I have the revamp project done.

Side notes
  1. Some people where having trouble finding the shipping bin so I added a Hud so it would be easier to find.

2. Slight lighting change so that it wouldn’t look so bleak.

3. tool animations works again I figured out what the problem was and managed to fix it, these animations are scheduled to change because I’m not satisfied with how it looks

Updating the game should delete your save file I have done nothing with the stuff that needs data saved and all you would have to do is add the folder that holds the save file to the new build folder and that will allow you to continue the game

next up is adding the characters and their homes and I will update again once that has been set.

2 Likes

so played today, enocuntered a few issues

1, if you accidently place down a weed in the field, you create a sort of perma weed that you can’t get rid of
2, idk what it is exactly, but i can’t seem to actually pick up/harvest crops

how can i access to the shop is there a day thing i need to get for it to open?

it should be open when you go up to the store shelf there will be a prompt that says buy in Tabitha’s store I’ll go in and make a Hud for people to find it better my bad.

thought I got rid of that problem let me check the issue thank you for letting me know.

ok so turns out that the harvest thing was just mostly because the turnips wern’t ripe(says they take 5 days, takes 7 days instead?)

but the weed problem was an actual thing tho

1 Like