Some Bullshit - Stuffing Focused RPG Maker Game

Is it just the games visuals freezing (as in you can still hear audio and sound effects) or does the whole thing just crash?

Hi there everyone. Can someone tell me where to find the jewel that is suppose to go into the homicidal sword ( I think I may have missed the opportunity to buy the jem from that funny shop in the desert. )

You did not. Keep the sword equipped, and when the gem shows up, you won’t miss it.

3 Likes

i can still hear everything but i can’t do nothin

This is a bug in rpgmaker and all rpgmaker games. I think it just hits this game harder because this game is so long and has so much content you won’t make it through the entire game without seeing the bug.

Some people have said that rebooting (your entire computer) can help avoid the problem (I will often go months without rebooting). Another thing that you can do is attempt to save the game successfully with your eyes shut (figuratively) and then close the program open the program and load the save you’ve made blind. This will actually work. This won’t work though during the few sections where saving is disabled. If this bug is frustrating you in rpgmaker games a lot I’d advise practicing making it to the save menu purely via the audio cues, usually I’ll try to hit confirm a bunch then menu then up then up then confirm then down then confirm then close program.

Additionally in my own personal testing the issue seems to be a defensive mechanism rpgmaker has to prevent wild graphical glitches from occurring due to the fast forward mechanic causing desync of visual elements in the game.

In my opinion it is impossible to play rpgmaker without fast forwarding because of how rpgmaker registers mouse clicks and key presses, even a single mouse click to proceed with the game is often going to be registered by the game as a millisecond of fast forwarding during the mouse click being held as well as the confirm from the mouse click being released. In my own personal testing if the left mouse button is clicked in and held and never let go of, this “freeze” crash bug simply cannot occur. What you’ll get instead though is wild visual desync glitches where things will happen like having the same npc sprite in multiple locations at once. If your only goal though is to get past a section you already played before a previous crash, well, feel free to try this specific form of fast forwarding. (Again, if you believe me, and I might be totally wrong, the bug you’re referring to can only occur when you let go of a button on your keyboard or mouse or controller.)

1 Like

I found this fixes the visuals freezing. Make sure to save your changes before exiting. Also you will need to do this again once the new update comes out.

3 Likes

Wow this totally fixes the bug! even in other rpgmaker games that aren’t this one!

1 Like

I haven’t tested this yet but thats a great tip to try! thank you

1 Like

Catching up on the thread and saw this, it’s hilarious! Even the title is on point, pun unintended.

It’s going to be a great and sad day all at once come the next update, assuming we haven’t been deceived and it truly is the last.

Because seriously, the story’s fun, characters are great (even though Pro can be an absolute prat half the time and Emmie’s IQ is in the negatives, but that’s just part of there character, can hardly whinge about that), shenanigans are entertaining, side-quests are a LOT of fun and lead to the aforementioned shenanigans, artwork’s fantastic… Yeah, there’s so much to love about this game that it’ll feel like the end of an era once it’s finished, despite it having only been slightly less than two years since it was first announced. Seriously, there are triple A games that take longer to finish and don’t have half the charm this game does.

You have one more after this. This update is closing off some loose ends that I owed, namely the brew master questline. You will be able to see it for yourself very soon. Very, very soon!

3 Likes

Does anybody know a way to download this on a MAC?

Hi everyone! Happy Fall, we have a very regular, not spooky at all update for Some Bullshit!

Update 13.5 - Close up those loose ends:
So you wanted to continue the story? See how Emmie and the gang beat up EL and save the day? TOO BAD. Instead you get to finish up the goblin brewmaster questline and finish Ellie’s story. Now you may ask yourself, is this worth a download if it’s just side content. The answer is yes. This is equal in size to previous updates, well into two hours of content… hopefully!

[Some Bullshit v.134] Some Bullshit v.134

Some Bullshit by Nerds1

Please see update number 13 to my game containing story content to progress the plot forward!

So what’s new?

1. The goblin in Bad Borken has some grand ideas on selling wine… but somebody keeps messing with her vineyard! Can you help out?
  2. With ETV no longer being a waitress, the Bad Borken bar is understaffed. Maybe Emmie can build some character and learn why manual labor sucks?
  3. With all 8 goblin marketing points now in the game, you can finally go back to the head brew master and claim your reward! Warning, apparently she has been acting strange these past couple of days…
  4. Ellie finally has permission to leave the castle walls, but she needs a chaperone! Who can help her? (Need to complete sleep over + watch ten replays)
  5. Two replays have been added! Ever want to relive the horror of the desert tomb? What about helping a goblin with her vineyard? NOW YOU CAN!

@clinko_clinko has absolutely outdone himself this update. I personally love it all. Therefore, so should you! @thuasluhuall who we never can forget, has been a monster this update. Some of the best new sprites and animations yet! They are featured heavily in this update. Give them both a round of applause for making my game not look like shit.

Of course, a very special thanks to all my testers for helping make the game playable so quickly! Seriously, my beta’s are horrible, spoil stuff, and are very confusing. The game would be nearly unplayable without all your hard work.

Thanks for everyone’s patience! Please let me know if you run into bugs, the bug testers really tried to find most things before release, but it is very difficult to find all ways that my game can break. Also, if you don’t like the content of one of these quests… I’m sorry, but I was influenced as a young boy and I had to put it in.

21 Likes

I knew it was coming, I could feel it my bones! Can’t wait to play!

me: 2 more hours looks at all the stuff I’m supposed to do me: yea I’ve got time

I have a feeling I’m gonna love it

New update hype! Time to play!

Bloody hell, that was fast!

Damn! This is a pleasant surprise, I wasn’t expecting this so soon! Can’t wait to see what’s in store.

# The best part of waking up, is Some Bullshit in your cup. # :kissing_closed_eyes: :coffee:

Hmm, doesn’t sound quite right lol.

1 Like