Some Bullshit - Stuffing Focused RPG Maker Game

¯_(ツ)_/¯, he could decide to take a break. God knows he has earned it.

2 Likes

Pretty sure he’s already confirmed he’ll be taking a sizeable break once he’s finished making the game.

1 Like

Great stuff, you two make a good team! I especially liked the
“You said your were finished!”
“No, I said I ate everything.
pair of lines. Really captures the black hole nature of Emmie’s unusual…condition. Nice throwback to a very early part of the story, too. Is it weird to feel nostalgia for a game that’s still releasing? idk. This might be an odd thing to call out for a compliment, but I really love the choice of colors for the text boxes; they mesh so nicely with the art! And speaking of art, please pass along my compliments to KB if ya get a chance! The trembling lip, the way Emmie holds her still-hungry stomach, her knees buckling together as she leans on the table, that blushing expression as she averts her gaze while talking…it all turned out great and I hope I can see more awesome fan works of this caliber.

3 Likes

Thank you!

KB always does exceptional work.

And thanks for the kind words. I did run the script by Nerds to get the small details right, but the characters really have a life of their own. The colors of the text boxes were based off of Emmie and Pro’s eye colors. They wont match exactly, because I messed with the transparency to soften them a bit, but that’s where I got them.

I’m very happy you liked it!

5 Likes

You’re very welcome! I don’t think I’ve heard of KB before this point, so I’ll have to look around and check out some more of their work.

Whoa, now that’s a level of detail I couldn’t have fathomed; amazing! I just figured it complimented the art’s coloring well.

Also, I was catching up on posts here and wanted to chime in on that cool “gameplay vs fetish content” discussion that happened a few posts up. Not gonna doublepost so I’ll do that here. Specifically, I wanna respond to this quote by @AlexKay:

Man, Some Bullshit has officially spoiled me. It’s to the point that I don’t wanna have to pick one or the other in the future, but rather will be looking for things that achieve the sort of harmonious balance that this game does. I can’t imagine anything topping it, but fetish games are going to have to have at least a few of the elements present that make SB great to catch my interest.

RPG is definitely my favorite genre when it comes to games and it’s because of the emphasis on characters and story that’s traditionally been a hallmark of games that fall under this umbrella.

Though secondary to story & characters, gameplay’s important to me too, and I do love the satisfaction of winning a challenging battle, solving a tricky puzzle or otherwise triumphing in an adventure. If I find things too simple and easy I’m going to have a bit less fun. I’ve gotten a game over multiple times playing SB, so I’d say once again it strikes a superb balance though I recognize that “difficult” and “easy” have different definitions to everyone.

Accessibility is definitely one of the most important things not just for fetish games, but for all games imo. If something related to the gameplay prevents people from being able to experience, progress in and enjoy a game, all the dev’s hard work will go to waste! That’s why I’m thankful for games that have different difficulty modes and other options, so that everyone can have fun and appreciate the work that goes into these things. SB shines again here, including various powerful tools the player can use to make battles and such easier even without different difficulty levels. And if worst comes to worst, this game is super friendly with importing/exporting and sharing saves so people who are truly stuck can always continue to enjoy all the game has to offer with a bit of help from the cool people here :wink:

Shoot, I’m rambling; where was I originally going with this? Ah yes, that I think games that are going to market themselves specifically as fetish games and not just games that happen to have some content that can be interpreted as fetish-related, should follow SB’s example and have an engaging gameplay foundation to present that content while simultaneously allowing players to circumvent barriers preventing them from reaching “the good stuff”, preferably through strengthening the player character(s) in a curve that slightly outpaces the difficulty and doesn’t have to be used by those who aren’t seeking too easy of a time. Accompanying this with a good story, well-developed characters and both plot-relevant and some more flavorful world-building is also key for a fetish RPG specifically, as it makes the fetish content with the characters that much more rewarding when the player feels immersed.

And of course, control schemes for fetish minigames should be usable with one hand :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That’s my spitballin’ for today. I’ve never made a game and likely never will, but I love playin’ them so I’m just tossin’ out observances on what I like.

1 Like

Their patreon is here: https://www.patreon.com/olympicdames/posts

there is like… thousands of exclusive pictures there. They also have their own comic. Their DA is here: Olympic-Dames User Profile | DeviantArt but they don’t upload a ton of stuff their current’s aside from comic previews. Still a lot of content there.

2 Likes

Though the hardest fights in the game are arguably the Mushrooms and the Lab fights where Emmie isn’t there.

4 Likes

Honestly I’d say the big red slime was the hardest fight for me, the moments where it just spammed the attack where it grabbed Clara really pissed me off.

Hahaha those goddamn mushrooms (of all things!). I was sweating by the end of it and audibly groaned when I saw four of the bastards approaching, mercifully dealt with outside of combat. :face_exhaling:

5 Likes

Debating whether to wait for the final release to play from the beginning or starting it now and continuing whenever it is released.

Are you planning on doing any further changes to the beginning of the game that would make waiting a wise idea?

If I’m remembering correctly he said he was gonna improve the beginning segments of the game after the finale is released so it’ll be a while until then.

4 Likes

Does the game have crazy sprite like, I don’t want to compare but, SFRPG or Project F.A.T? I’m all for good weight gain game but if the sprite is nowhere stardew fat mod then… Does the game have crazy sprite like-

It’s going to be months before I fix the beginning. Just play it now! Or if you can wait 3-4 weeks, wait for the final release. Outside of waiting a bit to pick up the story again, I don’t personally see a reason to wait!

3 Likes

I just started a new playthrough in anticipation of the new release, what’s wrong with the beginning?

I seem to remember reading that you were enhancing some older content while working on the final update, like adding a new guest at Chuck’s pantry and possibly a new scene during the fairy segment. Is that still the case? If so, would stopping at the Joblin point of no return ensure we have access to all that?

You can return to that point even after passing it. Though you’ll be forced to be scaled down to that time frame in regards to power and you can’t bring Clara with you.

Yes, I have added fairy cave content and some content before the point of no return. As such, I will provide a way for the player to view that even though they have passed that point. Probably a replay for the fairy cave and a way to walk back and interact with Chuck.

On a positive note, for the final section of the game I am roughly 2/4 parts done, and from testing it looks like the update will be 4 hourish of new content total.

14 Likes

Hype grows stronger. Especially for more fairy stuff!

3 Likes

Agreed. Really looking forward to the last update! Sounds very meaty.

4 Likes

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!!!

For some reason the system doesn’t think I’m writing in complete sentences.

2 Likes