Some Bullshit - Stuffing Focused RPG Maker Game

That is true. Maybe “maiden” is the wrong word here, I could see her being some agent or associate of Esse where she has more of an active role than just sitting there and eating all day. The point is, I think it’s plausible she’ll hang around Esse once all is said and done, they have rather complimentary personalities.

I’d love to see her undergo the dummy soul process. A Clara pregnancy arc would be rad, she’d be so pissed lol.

3 Likes

Yeah, I feel Clara pregnancy arc would be both good and bad for her because she would take a vacation and be able to eat whatever she wants and justify it due to pregnancy but also would hate the cramps and everything else. I have to agree with you on her being affiliated with Esse, maybe a diplomat for the captial when she can’t be there.

4 Likes

I can see this totally happening. Watching her get stupidly pissed about how her body is “ruined” when its an improvement. Oh! And how about this for a plot twist. She is already a parent and is in a relationship when this happens. I know for a fact that Pro would be dumbfounded with a lot of questions, while Emmie would just lose her shit and go full blown adorable mode when she hears that.

1 Like

I’d only like that if the process got botched and she ends up with multiple dummy souls :full_moon_with_face::full_moon_with_face::full_moon_with_face:

1 Like

This would be a complete blind slide, out of left field type thing, but also has some really good potential but I’m fairly sure it’s been confirmed by dialogue and character interactions that Clara hasn’t had the time to form a relationship to that extent. Kind of makes me think she’d be like Samus Aran except her original love didn’t die, just that she gets hit on and ultimately decides against it or doesn’t have the time to pursue a relationship due to her job. Not to mention that the way she acts in regards to her profession seems to push people, at least commoners and other non-inqusitors, away from her.

Why’s that? Not that I think that plot wouldn’t be good, just I’m curious on why that scenario would be better than a single one. No need to answer if you don’t want to.

The bigger the better is all :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

This would be perfect. I’m half-tempted to write a short story about this after the final update comes out.

You are not wrong my man

I could get around that idea, a nice little night cap to top it all off.

So it’s a week past the due date, I am sure people are wondering about the status of the game. So first, some good news, the scripting and writing of the update is done, all the way up to the very final scene and the bonus scenes. So if I were to release the update today, it would be pretty functional! So why am I not doing that right now?

Well, a couple things are still not done, namely the credits sequence and the mechanics around the final burping contest. Clinko also has been busy enjoying some time off traveling, so much of the art for the very final portion of the game is not in. I think the game is greatly elevated by his work, so I be waiting for that to complete before release because some of these scenes really need his special touch. The good news is that I can improve other portions of the game while we wait, adding in some replay functionality, fixing bugs, etc etc, so it isn’t like I’m sitting around twiddling my thumbs waiting for the lad.

I apologize for the earlier incorrect release date and I apologize that it is looking that the release will be taking just a bit longer to come out. It is a doozy of an update though! Easily enough content for two of my past releases at this point. When the update will be coming? Don’t have a hard date yet, but I really want to release it this month. Hope to have more information for everyone soon.

Thanks,
Nerds

38 Likes

No need to apologise! It’s vacation season after all so I’m none too surprised about Clinko. I’m hoping he’s having a good time. Also glad to hear you’re seeing the opportunity for further polishing in the meantime which is always a plus.

It will come soon enough. No need for panic, folks! Speaking of vacation time, I might take a day or two off for this release when it finally hits. It’s sounding like a juicy one!

5 Likes

I don’t remember there being a solidified release date other than some time in early July, but ok I can wait. After all I’m already waiting for 2023 to roll over so waiting for a month shouldn’t be too hard.

2 Likes

Like @someguythesciadvguy said, I don’t remember a specific date being given but no worries at all! No apology needed. It’s really great how you’ve been giving the community these updates though, seriously. I’m used to game developers from big studios giving delay notices filled with corporate mumbo jumbo BS (no pun intended), but yours includes glimpses into the very real progress going on behind the scenes in a way that actually builds hype even further rather than generating any sort of discontent. So thank you very much for that!

Waiting for Clinko is absolutely a wait that’s well worth it, and the best decision hands down. That’s a heckuva work ethic you got there, making sure the finished product is even better with the extra bit of time you’ve been given. No doubt that commitment is part of why this game has turned out so amazing so far. That bit about the burping contest sounds very exciting, both because I didn’t expect it to be part of a main story update and because if the mechanics for it still need to be done, that makes it sound like things might be a little different this time!

This is probably the most awesome part of your latest news though. TWO?! “Easily” two?! Past updates were already huge and meaty as heck imo. I remember you saying that you originally wanted the finale to be one big update but it got so huge, you split it into two. But now you’re saying the second half of that is easily the size of two by itself? Oh baby, this is really blowing my already high expectations outta the water! :star_struck: I’ll definitely stay tuned, good luck with finishing things up!

2 Likes

That’s alright! It’s summer time. Everybody needs a vacation from work. We can wait until the end of the summer season.

2 Likes

Ah, no problem mate, Clinko taking his time to do a bit of summer fun is fine and it’s good to see ya doing some more clean-up of some parts of the game. Don’t mind waiting for another week or so, due to moving at the end of the month now for me so looking forward to seeing the end result when it’s ready.

2 Likes

Well worth the wait, and the fact that you’re giving us an update on what’s done and needs to be worked on is more than enough. You and Clinko do fantastic work, and we all hope that you get to be proud of the work you do.

1 Like

Take all the time you need! I don’t think there was anything “incorrect” about your release date, you just gave a vague estimate. And that’s fine, because this has been a project long in the waiting and having it at the best quality it can be is the ideal. Clinko’s work really makes the game shine and I think I can speak for everyone when I say that we’re more than willing to wait to have it in. Not to mention, improvements to the rest of the game make the waiting all the more worthwhile.

P.S. The “final burping contest” sounds very exciting!

3 Likes

Not sure when you mentioned a date, can’t speak for others but “Early July” had me thinking this weekend at the earliest. Definitely prefer to have the art and all the bonus stuff sounds awesome, just take it easy and get it done when you can. I hope clinko is drinking cocktails on a beach or something.

4 Likes

After everything is done and dusted. Nerds! You need to take a break like Clinko and sip some cocktails on a beach. Thank you for this fantastic game, I’m glad I gave it a shot in the dark as it wasn’t what I was looking for but glad I found it.
I have had some beautiful laughs throughout and I thank you!

7 Likes