Some Bullshit - Stuffing Focused RPG Maker Game

Yea essentially just right click on a non steam game and look for the custom artwork option.
I actually changed it here it is on Big picture mode for beta steam

6 Likes

This image makes me imagine how cool it would be if the icon changed as you progressed through the game with Emmieā€™s tum getting larger with each major arc.

6 Likes

True, I know the main menu for the game changes as you progress. tbh I wish steam allowed more interactivity with its non-steam games

I made an account just to praise your game, because I feel, even though it got a lot of recognition, it really deserves even more.
Thereā€™s just no reason why a fetish gameā€™s plot has to be anything other than an excuse. No reason why youā€™d have to add all the little details and write such a ton of dialogue. No reason other than genuine love for the project.
It took me maybe an hour until my focus moved away completely from the fetish stuff, and onto the writing, the comedy, the characters. Just the quantity of it already blows my mind, itā€™s like thereā€™s some kind of witty joke at every corner. And itā€™s good too, the characters are all so incredibly believable and human. Even the side ones are entertaining to watch.
I would normally cringe at reference overdose and fourth wall breaks, but somehow you pull it off. Maybe itā€™s because you never call attention to it, instead writing it naturally and in character. Maybe itā€™s the sincerity of it all that makes charming something that would otherwise be cringe. Because this game really feels very personal, and it turns something like a book about druids mentioning a guy floating above a chair into a moment of of camaradery with the author. I wonder if you every worry that those things are wasted on the players. I know I always worry about that in my work. In your case, they are not.
I rarely laugh out loud. Might be why I found Pro so relatable. But your game is one of the few things that managed that. Repeatedly.
What surprised me more is that the gameplay, despite how basic your tools were, is still really good. I like the restraint you show in terms of combat encounters. They are rarely pointless, and more often than not feel relevant to the plot, with all the dialogue happening during and around fights. I like how you constantly shift around the powers available to the characters, always keeping it fresh. I like the variety of non-combat mini-games that you made. They might not all be good, but just the variety makes it so much better.
And when even a simple act of opening a chest can give you another great piece of dialogue, simple exploration is so much more rewarding.
I have to specifically appreciate that youā€™ve put in effort to account for the player doing things in different order, or doing some optional things. I know how hard it is to remember all those possibilities.
I like the plot. Itā€™s honestly great that it can stand on its own, rather than being just an excuse for erotics. Hell, despite the whole plot clearly being a great fit for a stuffing game, it could just as well fit a game entirely devoid of erotics, and it would work.
If thereā€™s anything at all that I would criticise, itā€™s that if youā€™re replaying the scenes, the actual replay can be not something youā€™re interested in, since you might be doing it for Ellieā€™s commentary, and that makes them drag somewhat.
I have played your game for 100 hours. Most of them were great. I feel incredibly blessed to have stumbled upon something this beautiful.
I wish I could recommend this to every person I know. But I canā€™t, and that pains me.
I can only ask you to never stop making games. Doesnā€™t matter what kind of games. Whatever other game you make, if you put this much love and care in your work, it will be great.

Thank you.

Edit: I feel so melancholic after finishing your game. So I might sound silly. But, as a developer myself, I wish I could collaborate with someone as talented as you.

13 Likes

Thank you very much for your comments, I very much appreciate it!

And for the rest of you folks out there, I am working on having the Q&A done by Friday. We have new art, an ungodly amount of questions answered, and hopefully some laughs as well. I knew I said I would answer every question, but Clara had so many I had to merge some together/ removed some of the samey ones. Trust me, its for the best to avoid a 30+ minute cutscene of Clara getting upset at vore questions.

30 Likes

truly a crimblus miracle

6 Likes

People of taste coming through as usual to prove that sheā€™s best girl.

IT BEGINS

6 Likes

but i want it tho :frowning:

1 Like

Super exciting news! Canā€™t wait to see it.

3 Likes

Christmas hype train just got a BIG boost! Considering it sounds like the only thing getting cut down on is redundant questions which makes sense anyway, this Q&Aā€™s gonna be bigger than our favorite guts after a holiday feast! :star_struck:

3 Likes

Oh man, I for one cannot wait for the new Q&A. Itā€™s gonna be one heck of a holiday feast.

3 Likes

But what if I want a 30+ minute cutscene of clara getting upset at vore questions?..

8 Likes

Clara yelling at us for being sassy stupid like a vtuber is with chat at them would be funny not gonna lie haha. she would fit in Nijsanji for sure

4 Likes

People of taste or tasty people?

5 Likes

The volume of vore questions might suggest otherwise :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Began playing this again the other day, still enjoy this story.
One thing that needs improvement in the beginning is the encounter with the bandit boss (Markus I think?).
The first few times I played this game, I didnā€™t return to check his tent, and hadnā€™t considered doing so since the game auto-traveled you back to the fish crates and village (always chose purity, so maybe there is a hint in gluttony run). Figured that if there was anything worth getting, the game wouldnā€™t force you away from the area.
However, there is a note inside the tent concerning EL and the destabilizing of the island.

I wonder if either a hint that you should go back to check his tent would be beneficial here, or if you would need to enter his tent first, interact with the note, and then be confronted by Markus when you leave.
Just my 2.5 cents from a fan of the game if you were still considering redoing the beginning of the game.

1 Like

what are the differences between the purity and the gluttony run? Is it just flavor text or is there more?

You could put some crazy blob of a sprite but instead you focused on stuffing vocabulary, disappointment 100

I think itā€™s mostly just dialogue changes, though there are a few things exclusive to the gluttony side. Like the Belch skill (though I think you can buy it later if you did purity), and a unique item that you only get if you have enough gluttony points when doing the bear cave scene. I also know you need at least 1, maybe 2 gluttony points to start the belching contest sidequest. So if youā€™re doing an all purity run you may be locked out of that.
On the flipside the only thing I remember being exclusive to purity route is a scene at the Wippsbruck Inn If you chose not to steal the rich kids food. It has a replay later on with Ellie, so if you missed it before youā€™ll also be locked out of it here, so if that bothers your inner completionist you may want to go purity here.
There are also some cases where you get a reward either way. Choosing to steal the fish or not has a scene and replay for both options. Choosing what to do with the leftover barrel of beer will either reward you with a skill that improves belch (gluttony) or an item that can immediately top off Emmieā€™s mana (purity). Choosing whether or not to give Clara the food on the island will also have an effect on a later scene whichever option you pick.
There may be some others Iā€™m forgetting, but off the top of my head thatā€™s all I can think of.

3 Likes

Gentsā€¦ the time to smash the F5 key has come.

7 Likes