Starbound Big Fatties Add-Ons - Expanding Clothes and other small additions

Saving the outfit isn’t not what I’m talking about. I can setup the outfits I want without issue. But, whenever I remove an armor piece from the original Big Fatties outfit slot, not the gui you added, that part of the mod becomes unresponsive. The cosmetic slots become unlocked and BF stops filling the slots with any expanded clothes or nude bodies. The only way to fix this is to reset BF by using the reset option in the top-right of the BF menu.

I’ve included the log for this, but it seems to happen incredibly reliably. Am I supposed to be using the new beta version BF with this?
log.zip (6.2 KB)

1 Like

Found & fixed. The steps you named couldn’t reproduce the issue, but the logs helped me find my goof. Try and see if things work with the new version.

2 Likes

Alright, looks like that update fixed it. Thanks! My bad on missing the Troubleshooting & Error Reporting section, sorry about that.

One other thing about the gui. I think it would be useful if the “Detect” button only filled in empty slots, rather than replacing the whole set. This way, you could mix what equipment you wear at different sizes by only swapping out the base size in the regular BF gui, rather than having to make and store all the different sizes.

2 Likes

What about the jelly slimes but a version that is the slime race? and they get smaller and smaller until they’re gone too

Is it possible to make an addon that adds armor that can apply fattening effects to you?

Yes. In fact, you can create armor that applies fattening effects even without making an entire new addon. For instance, someone on the forum has been creating commands to spawn items (including armor, iirc) over here.

Aye thanks for the shoutout!

1 Like

Alright, a little big update for the Clothing GUI. First of all, there is a version for Granular Weight Gain now. Second, as suggested by @CodeSerpent above, the “Detect” button now only fills in the gaps in the configuration, leaving already filled slots alone. If you hit the button a second time right afterwards, you get the old, overriding behavior. Have fun with this!

Question. For the mods here that have both base and granular versions, do we install the base plus granular versions (with granular acting like a patch of sorts) or do we just install whichever version we need based off of whether or not we are running granular (one or the other, never both).

The latter. You pick the approtriate one and install only that. (Making the Granular version a patch to the base version would in most cases be more work than just writing the Granular version from the ground up.)

The one exception (for now) is Crushing Weight, where the one version I posted can be used both with and without Granular WG, just by happy coincidence.

Unsure if I’ve already asked but:
Will the Fat Element addon be updated or patched to be compatible with the Weapon assembly mod? See Starbound

It’s been asked exactly once before, and it’s on my todo list. Thanks for the reminder, though.

Quick question: Is the Clothing GUI a client side thing or is it something a whole server has to have.

I stated it in the post already (Okay, it may be hidden in the middle of the text.), but yes, the mod is indeed client-side.

1 Like

That’s great! I probably just skimmed over it, tbh, but thank you for letting me know.

If I understand you correctly, you put the slim clothes into the slots for the greater weights. That’s not the intended way. My mod will equip you with exactly the same clothes that you specify in the GUI.
If you want to have a normal progression without any fancy changes, I’d recommend clearing my GUI, and putting the slim clothes in the slots of the main BF GUI. Alternatively, you can put in the slim clothes in either GUI and hit Detect to auto-fill the other slots with appropriately sized clothes, if they exist.

why? There’s some conflicts with Scarlett’s Used Clothes?

1 Like

I tested it myself, and it seems that the slime set hasn’t been drawn for Granular WG yet. I’m sorry, but most clothing sets don’t work with Granular yet. Regular BF would’ve done the same thing as you are seeing there.

Well, then I’ll wait. Mod without granular works on all vanilla clothes? Or just the ones from the special store?

The latter. Everything in Scarlett’s collection has sprites. I don’t remember exactly, but some may not have a fatty variant yet, but that one is at the end of the spectrum anyway.