Starbound Big Fatties Add-Ons - Expanding Clothes and other small additions

The codes can be found in the description for the Jelly Slimes mod. Click on “Spawning manually” to find what you’re looking for.

i found it also i have an add on suggestion that lets you vore enemy’s

That’s…already part of the base mod? If you open up the BigFatties U.I, there’s a red square you can click that opens up the vore portion of the mod. Just enable it, click the mouth icon to get the vore tool, and you’re good to go! Granted, it only works on humanoid npcs or other players, but is still a feature already included.

1 Like

Not only players. You can also swallow small critters.

Whoops, somehow forgot about that even though I occasionally eat small critters as my characters, but yeah, that’s another use for the tool!

After having some issues with the game crashing on startup, I found that deleting the mod “Big Fatties - Food Description Fix” resolved the issue. I have Starbound installed through Steam, and I used the Workshop to install the Improved Food Descriptions mod (Steam Community :: Error) as well as its addon (Steam Workshop::Improved Food Descriptions [Addon]). i What do I need to do if I want the Big Fatties one to work? Do I need to uninstall the addon? Should I install the description mods using files instead of the Steam Workshop?

I actually added a note to the section for that add-on: Yes, you need to install the base description mod the manual way.

Like Tobias said, you can’t use the Steam version of the regular Food Description mod. This mod that shows how fattening food is requires the original files to work, but the game loads mods in the mods folder BEFORE Steam mods, if I’m remembering how it works correctly.

So because of that the addon for showing how fattening food is gets loaded first, and because of that it can’t find the original mod cause Steam Workshop mods get loaded second, which causes the game to crash.

2 Likes

Question for the Fat Element, do attacks with weapons that have the fat element cause weight gain or not?

Some of them do. It’s like with the vanilla elements, that only attacks of certain weapons apply elemental effects. For generated melee and ranged weapons (swords, hammers, as well as pistols, grenadelaunchers, etc.), only rare weapons and special abilities cause weight gain. Wands and staffs, always do. Note though, that unless you are using a pretty underleveled weapon, the damage will likely kill your opponent before there is any great effect from the fattening. (That, and I again didn’t add the “npctracker”, so you would need to “prepare” newly spawned NPCs with a shot from the milkshakegun.)

2 Likes

Are you planning on adding the npctracker in or is it something you intentionally left out?

Oi, how do i get the anomalous cake? I’ve got the “better anomalous cake” mod but i don’t know where to find it.

@Warlynx: I’ll probably make a swoop over all my mods to add that effect everywhere. There are several that still miss it.

@Edgar.1: The anomalous cake is one of the items that are present in Big Fatties, but not obtainable through normal means. Either spawn it in (/spawnitem anomalouscake), or get the “Unpacked Food Rations” too and hope you get lucky.

2 Likes

I really like Fat Element but it made think why doesn’t Erchius horror crystal eyeball does not have something like Fat Element.

The boss causes weight gain itself but the eye doesn’t, I think it would be cool if it did but also still sealed damage.

1 Like

Could a patch for the Weapon Assembly mod be made to support the Fat Element? When I tried it myself it just spat out a fire weapon (I’m assuming as a default to prevent the game from imploding for the umpteenth time.)

i’m having a small problem with the status pod addon thing. i can’t even open the pods to get the effect, when i break them or kill them they just drop pixels. i’ve tried interacting with e but nothing works. i’ve tried on multiple profiles (4)

You seem to be confusing the status pods with the capsules. The status pods look like this: LargeCanister

Of course, just note that the mod above adds to the kinds that it already releases, so you may have to find several in a row before one actually gives off an effect pertaining to the mod.

ah
i assumed the capsules were those cause i searched status pods and the wiki says they’re not in the game

Fair enough! Admittedly, it probably would be neat if each small capsule had a chance to apply fat-related effects through a mod, instead of littering inventories with marginally useful items, but that’d probably lead to just a bit too much chaos…and that’s assuming it’s even possible to do.

although a bit of chaos is always fun in my book :3c

I was thinking, and now I wonder if it would be possible to make BF related Techs