Starbound Big Fatties: Bug Reports

Bug Report: Mislabeled file in WIP Big Fatties mod. Clean Dedicated Server install
Error: When installing the newest version onto a Dedicated Server, I was getting this error:

Screenshot 2020-10-07 145443

Solution: After unpacking BigFatties.pak file, I navigated to the item in question and found the offending file was mislabeled. It was “booknbarrelit.png” where it needed to be “booknbarrellit.png” (it was missing an L).

Notes: I’m currently running the server & client with the files unpackaged, but repackaging them with the fix would probably work just fine.

This error only cropped up while setting up a dedicated server. It did not display in regular play. I’m not entirely sure why this is the case - either the DS preloads all files, whereas the client/singleplayer game does not, or it has more stringent error-checking when checking its files.

Bug Report: Needler (Item ID: fattyneedler) sold at the BigFatties store is too cheap for its tier. Base price was only 100 pixels (probably should be 1000 pixels).

Hello, I’m not entirely sure if this is considered a bug or if anyone else is experiencing this, but the game apparently can’t find the “digestionaid” status effect and my logs are just getting constantly spammed with this:

I believe it’s causing a fair bit of lag for my game. Is there any way to fix this?
(I would’ve provided the entire log, but apparently it’s too long because there’s so many of these lines).

Ok, follow-up to my previous post. I did some digging around in the game and found that all the errors filling up my logs are apparently tied to the Chef crewmember and the unique status effect they give. Can anyone tell me which Big Fatties extension adds the Chef crewmember (or if it’s BF itself)? I’d like to try and fix this if I can.

EDIT: Ok, turns out this might not be the case, because I’m still getting the errors even without the chef. I’m guessing there’s a typo in the code of something because it’s looking for “disgestionaid” (misspelled digestion).

Hello guys I wanna just know when it’s gonna update the mod, because one issue i had is, when the npc use the feeding tube (of lard or chocolate anyways) literally they don’t gain weight and the player does it :c, fix it plz

I believe that will be fixed when the new massive update for the mod releases. It will likely also come with a new race, new sprites, a new upgrading interface, and a new way to purchase the items from the mod.

Hey there! Been absolutely loving the mod, and all the work you’ve been doing with it thus far! I thought maybe I could ask about a bug I’ve been getting that makes new characters unplayable and established ones a bit tough: planet chunk crashes.

In short, what’s happening is that I’ll teleport down to a planet’s surface -any planet, any biome- and as I begin to approach a chunk with something major in it (village, castle, gateway to the outpost), the entire planet blinks away and I’m back on my ship. Sometimes it’s forgiving and lets me see it, other times I can barely turn around from my touchdown point before it kicks me back onto my ship. There’s no death animation, so idk what it is. I removed the files from the mod folder and the game behaved again, and the only other mod I have is the Saturnian (moth) race. The version I’m using is the most up-to-date, and the despawning issue has been getting worse over time.

If I could provide logs I absolutely would, but atm I have no internet at my house (and Idk how to find logs) so once I get my internet sorted and google how to find those, I’ll see if there’s an error message accompanying it. In the meantime, would you happen to have any idea what might be causing this?

Can you list what version of the mod you’re using, stable or wip? And if it’s the wip version, where you got it exactly? A running theme is an issue with that kind of error is an issue trying to use a wip addon, Fat Threats. For whatever reason both the addon and the wip version they’re trying to use aren’t the correct version which causes issues.

go into starbound’s local files from steam, then look in the storage folder. there should be a file named starbound.log, this is what you are looking for. the numbered files (starbound.log.1) are archives for previous instances of the game being run.

Update: I can’t seem to find information on what version it is, but I know I got it from your post in July 2018 (first result on google search). I removed FatThreats.pak as part of my process of elimination, and the problem persists.

Thank you Oden for the tip! I seem to have gotten a very… interesting error:

Though reading through this, it looks like removing FatThreats is resulting in an error or two as well. Hopefully this answered your questions, lmk if you need more info.

The fact you had Fat Threats suggests you did not, in fact, get it from that source. The wip, and its wip addon Fat Threats, should only be available to people in the discord server. That world and probably others, still had it set to try and spawn an enemy provided by Fat Threats.

Strange, because I’m not, nor have ever been part of the discord. Huh. Maybe someone posted the link elsewhere, but I get my internet installed on Monday and will be able to give you a better answer on the source then.

There is no problem because I solved it myself

the quickbarmini gui isnt working for me. i can open the actual quickbar but the fattening ui is completely blank.

hey I’m having troble with the clothes of the Avali race the clothes for the wheight gain don’t fully work like they don’t get put on. with some wheight stages it’s only the top that works but others it only woks if busty is on or off

Hi, I’m running into an issue where whenever I apply thicc hips or a stuffed/filled belly it’ll chop down the frames until I’m no longer skinny. I’m not sure what is exactly is causing this as my other characters are working fine, but it seems to cut down the frames on one character.

I’m not sure what you mean by “chop down the frames,” do you mean the frame rate suddenly lowers unless that character is not in the skinny phase? Maybe that character’s species doesn’t have sprite sheets for the armor used to make characters appear fatter.

yeah, the frame rate lowers. Although I tested out the same species (Argonian) with a new character and it works just fine.

I’m using the wip version and I can’t seem to get the feeding tubes to work
What do?

What are you trying to do with them? They act as furniture, so you need to hit interact on them.