Starbound Big Fatties: Bug Reports

I got it figured, that was one of the things that I did though ^u^

Soā€¦ a friend and I have been playing Big Fatties for the pastā€¦ couple weeks? Thereabout, anywayā€¦
Weā€™ve run into an issue with the digestion system. For whatever reason, even after removing the Popping Addon, if we revisit any planets weā€™d visited while using the addon, the Instant Digestion bug reappears. So far, the only reliable, if highly irritating, fix is creating a new character.

That popping addon just seems to break characters when used, even if itā€™s removed afterwards.

Well, Iā€™ve found one way to permanently fix the issue, though I feel sorry for anyone who had a lot of planets explored.

Did a little digging and found you can reset your loaded universe by going into the storage folder of the Starbound directory and deleting the universe folder.

EDIT: And evidently somethingā€™s upā€¦ despite removing the popping addon, wiping the universe and player folders twice after the bug had managed to resurface once, the instant-digest bug has resurfaced AGAIN.

Weā€™re not using the popping addon, and weā€™re not using admin commands, so I have no clue whatā€™s causing it.

Recently I have been wanting to get back into the game and I did, adding a few of the addons that were added around 8/8/20. Added to the game, replace some of the mods that were the same and uninstall some mods on steam. Booting the game up, I get an error page saying a lot of info. When I asked help from a friend and he pin point one thing. Error: ā€œBig Fatties Description Fixerā€™ is missing dependency 'Improved Food Descriptions.ā€ And so he told me to look at steam mods to see whatā€™s wrong and nothing, I had a the mod that it says itā€™s missing but idk what was causing it to not run. Uninstalled it and reinstall, still error. So Iā€™m asking, can anyone help me on this?

Edit: It has been fixed, had to remove the description fixer in order to work from help.

Thatā€™s a known problem with the food description fix submod. To fix it you need to use the improved food descriptions mod from the chucklefish forums rather than from the steam workshop. It has to do with the order starbound loads mods depending on how, and where, they are installed.

Iā€™ve been trying to launch Starbound with the new BigFatties ā€œWIPā€ version recently, but it been crashing because of this error Iā€™ve found in my storage log:

[07:37:16.074] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: (ItemException) Duplicate item name ā€˜bustyoutfitbagā€™ found

How do I fix this?

Replace/remove your version of modfatties.

Oh, ok then. Thank you Dispatch!

Bug Report: Mislabeled file in WIP Big Fatties mod. Clean Dedicated Server install
Error: When installing the newest version onto a Dedicated Server, I was getting this error:

Screenshot 2020-10-07 145443

Solution: After unpacking BigFatties.pak file, I navigated to the item in question and found the offending file was mislabeled. It was ā€œbooknbarrelit.pngā€ where it needed to be ā€œbooknbarrellit.pngā€ (it was missing an L).

Notes: Iā€™m currently running the server & client with the files unpackaged, but repackaging them with the fix would probably work just fine.

This error only cropped up while setting up a dedicated server. It did not display in regular play. Iā€™m not entirely sure why this is the case - either the DS preloads all files, whereas the client/singleplayer game does not, or it has more stringent error-checking when checking its files.

Bug Report: Needler (Item ID: fattyneedler) sold at the BigFatties store is too cheap for its tier. Base price was only 100 pixels (probably should be 1000 pixels).

Hello, Iā€™m not entirely sure if this is considered a bug or if anyone else is experiencing this, but the game apparently canā€™t find the ā€œdigestionaidā€ status effect and my logs are just getting constantly spammed with this:

I believe itā€™s causing a fair bit of lag for my game. Is there any way to fix this?
(I wouldā€™ve provided the entire log, but apparently itā€™s too long because thereā€™s so many of these lines).

Ok, follow-up to my previous post. I did some digging around in the game and found that all the errors filling up my logs are apparently tied to the Chef crewmember and the unique status effect they give. Can anyone tell me which Big Fatties extension adds the Chef crewmember (or if itā€™s BF itself)? Iā€™d like to try and fix this if I can.

EDIT: Ok, turns out this might not be the case, because Iā€™m still getting the errors even without the chef. Iā€™m guessing thereā€™s a typo in the code of something because itā€™s looking for ā€œdisgestionaidā€ (misspelled digestion).

Hello guys I wanna just know when itā€™s gonna update the mod, because one issue i had is, when the npc use the feeding tube (of lard or chocolate anyways) literally they donā€™t gain weight and the player does it :c, fix it plz

I believe that will be fixed when the new massive update for the mod releases. It will likely also come with a new race, new sprites, a new upgrading interface, and a new way to purchase the items from the mod.

Hey there! Been absolutely loving the mod, and all the work youā€™ve been doing with it thus far! I thought maybe I could ask about a bug Iā€™ve been getting that makes new characters unplayable and established ones a bit tough: planet chunk crashes.

In short, whatā€™s happening is that Iā€™ll teleport down to a planetā€™s surface -any planet, any biome- and as I begin to approach a chunk with something major in it (village, castle, gateway to the outpost), the entire planet blinks away and Iā€™m back on my ship. Sometimes itā€™s forgiving and lets me see it, other times I can barely turn around from my touchdown point before it kicks me back onto my ship. Thereā€™s no death animation, so idk what it is. I removed the files from the mod folder and the game behaved again, and the only other mod I have is the Saturnian (moth) race. The version Iā€™m using is the most up-to-date, and the despawning issue has been getting worse over time.

If I could provide logs I absolutely would, but atm I have no internet at my house (and Idk how to find logs) so once I get my internet sorted and google how to find those, Iā€™ll see if thereā€™s an error message accompanying it. In the meantime, would you happen to have any idea what might be causing this?

Can you list what version of the mod youā€™re using, stable or wip? And if itā€™s the wip version, where you got it exactly? A running theme is an issue with that kind of error is an issue trying to use a wip addon, Fat Threats. For whatever reason both the addon and the wip version theyā€™re trying to use arenā€™t the correct version which causes issues.

go into starboundā€™s local files from steam, then look in the storage folder. there should be a file named starbound.log, this is what you are looking for. the numbered files (starbound.log.1) are archives for previous instances of the game being run.

Update: I canā€™t seem to find information on what version it is, but I know I got it from your post in July 2018 (first result on google search). I removed FatThreats.pak as part of my process of elimination, and the problem persists.

Thank you Oden for the tip! I seem to have gotten a veryā€¦ interesting error:

Though reading through this, it looks like removing FatThreats is resulting in an error or two as well. Hopefully this answered your questions, lmk if you need more info.

The fact you had Fat Threats suggests you did not, in fact, get it from that source. The wip, and its wip addon Fat Threats, should only be available to people in the discord server. That world and probably others, still had it set to try and spawn an enemy provided by Fat Threats.