Starbound Big Fatties: Bug Reports

when the file works the mod work ^^;

Okay you are actually making no sense. You are talking about the fatoid file right? What basically gives the fattynovakid race their hitbox?

oh? really I have no idea what going on with the files

Can you be more specific what is breaking? Is it some specific piece of armor? All the armor? What do you do before it breaks. How often?

I just try to turn on the game then it crashes so a check the crash file and it the first thing I see that breaks then it say could not load all the armors

The crash log doesnā€™t load a lot of things when it crashes. Are you sure it was specifically the armors of the mod that were the cause of the crash?

as far as I can tell it is I could be wrong because I have no idea what I see in the crash log

is it the only mod youā€™re using for Starbound? or do you have other mods installed?

Something of a shot in the dark, but I had problems with Starbound crashing on me as soon as I tried to start it too.

Go into your Starbound folder, go into the storage folder, and open up the starbound.config file with a text editor.

Then you need to find this line and swap true for false.

ā€œvsyncā€ : true,

For whatever reason, that made it stop crashing for me, hope it does the same for you!

1 Like

this is not much of a bug, but the space uniform in XXL section is labeled XL also the same icon as XL

edit: itā€™s just the naming
edit: never mind itā€™s both

Got a bit of an interesting bug here.

When you spray yourself with the digesting tonic gun, your stats donā€™t revert back to when you are at normal weight. This means that you can stack all the stat boosts to health and defense over multiple blobbenings. Another interesting stat to notice is that you take more knock back from enemies the more you reset your health. So after unfattening yourself a bunch of times, you can get sent flying by anything. (And Iā€™m not gonna lie, itā€™s funny to see a huge blob get sent flying from a little hit.)

I donā€™t know if this was intentional or not, but figured it would be a good idea to bring it up with you guys, so you know about it.

The treadmill seems to be difficult to use at ā€œblobā€ (one step below immobile) size. When I use it, I get immediately moved off of the treadmill as soon as I press a/d.

I seem to also have this problem inconsistently/occasionally at smaller sizes, so Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s something Iā€™m doing wrong.

I donā€™t have any other mods installed.

wanted to report a visual bug with the NPC compatible Feeding Tubes. They still gain weight from using them but the feeding tube animation is missing.

Edit: this is with 0.5.2 update

When youā€™re moving as Avali with the blob armour, it disappears.

Iā€™ve stated this before but the blob body for Avali is still unfinished.

I seem to have found a bug. Hereā€™s what the log had to say:

[17:35:47.428] [Error] Could not load recipe /recipes/cookingtable1/mains/greaseburrito.recipe: (ItemException) No such item ā€˜chilliā€™

Edit: It seems the stuffed and filled belly options donā€™t work either, hereā€™s what the log had to say again (although I think this might be because of another mod):

[18:23:14.182] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function ā€˜updateā€™. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string ā€œ/scripts/player/bigfattiesclothing.luaā€]:16: attempt to index a nil value (field ā€˜chestSetā€™)
stack traceback:
[C]: in metamethod ā€˜__indexā€™
[string ā€œ/scripts/player/bigfattiesclothing.luaā€]:16: in global ā€˜checkFatItemsā€™
[string ā€œ/scripts/player/bigfatties.luaā€]:195: in function <[string ā€œ/scripts/player/bigfatties.luaā€]:116>

The stuffed, filled belly options only work with vanilla races + Avali since dispatch adapted it, youā€™re gonna have to look for Mod Fatties to see if they adapted other species to those options

Yeah there is no bigfattiesclothing.lua. Itā€™s likely from the clothing mod made by someone else.

every single time i try startting up starbound it crash on me

You did make sure to-
a. put the correct folder in the mods folder?
and b. Made sure you deleted the old version of the mod to put in the new one. As in not overwriting the old mod?