Starbound Big Fatties: Bug Reports

My distortion sphere tech doesn’t work. Here’s what the log said:

[12:23:59.158] [Error] Exception while invoking lua function ‘update’. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string “/tech/distortionsphere/bfhitboxcompatibility…”]:10: stack overflow
stack traceback:

1 Like

I’ve been having fun with this mod, but for some reason, my characters won’t “gain weight” anymore. What I mean is that when they start off as skinny, start eating food from the vending machine and transitions to “thick”, they’ll still look skinny. Even when I go straight to “blob”!

When I click to reset at the big fatties menu, it works as normal. But the moment I tick/untick a box, the bug happens and they’ll stop showing their gained weight until I reset. I hope there’s a fix to this.

That’s something that hasn’t been reported or replicated by anyone. Are you sure you’re not disabling the box “equip items”? Because that’s what displays the size.

Oh okay, I see. I’d checked back to the game and the Big Fatties UI and I left the “equip items” alone. I thought the “equip items” box meant you equip the enemies’ equipment when you vore and digest them. Thank you, I’m so sorry for the confusion.

So I’m having problems with the vore part of the big fatties mod it was working fine but now it just instantly digests npcs like they were a one shot idk what is causing it, I have reinstalled it completely and started a new character then it works fine but then it goes back to instant digestion.

Not sure if this is an oversight or a feature, but vore doesn’t actually feed you at all; your hunger meter stays the same and depletes as normal. My character could be swallowing ten people and still be starving to death.

Another note is the solid hitbox being a little troublesome when using the Sonic Sphere head tech; it just causes your character to bounce erratically, but this can be negated by simply unchecking the “Size Hitbox” option, so I’d consider this bug a low-priority.

Thanks for listening! Sincerely I enjoy this mod and I’m grateful you made it. I was taken by surprise with this new UI and new vore feature; I can’t wait to see what’s in the future!

My character cannot die. As in, the “death sound” plays when they hit 0hp, but they don’t actually die. This only happens when my char is at thick-blob, not regular.

lots of what I assume are food items dont show up in the shop giving only the error item (those green cubes) the dandiline root pop (and two other soda that come before it) and the first Digestion potion are the two items between the errors

That is very much a problem on your end, not with the mod itself. Make sure you downloaded the mod completely, as in no internet shortages or the like occured for the mod to be incomplete. And double check you aren’t using any addon that messes with the food items provided in the mod such as any of Tobias’ addons.

the only food thing I had was one that changed how fast they expired and I already have removed it.
I posted mosly to see if any one could tell me how to fix it.

You’re just gonna have to try redownloading the mod then because this is an error on your end.

I have redownloaded the mod and I still have the problem
ok through testing its form of conflict.
aka I just dumped everything but this mod
edit two found the core problem and have fixed it. still testing but so far no problems

I installed the mod, but nothing changed. Can somebody tell me the steps to getting this mod to work ?

did you extract first?

Yes I extracted the mod.

well how can you tell nothing changed?

Well everything is how it looks in normal game plays.

If you just load into the game, then quit because your character isn’t suddenly fat. Then yeah that’s your problem. Open the crafting menu for the weight scale and big fatties store. And make sure you put in the quickbarmini mod in as well so that under the list of icons to your right will be the big fatties ui to enable things for your character.

I’ll try that. Thanks. :grin:

the mod just adds fatting items and lets you make both you or npcs fat
not turn you fat the moment you make a character