Starbound Big Fatties: Character and stories sharing

Muramasa isn’t very fond of high temperatures even when he isn’t fat, that’s one of reasons he hesitates to mention the fake residence (along with him not being a “lying” kind of person after the incident with Aiko)

1 Like

Also something else is that I feel like I’m losing steam regarding the writing stuff. I’m struggling to find ideas as for what to do, finding the motivation to actually write stuff down, and overall not enjoying it as much as I did starting off. I want to finish up the remaining 3-4 chapters but I have no clue what exactly I want to do (vague idea, but nothing too specific). Any recommendations/suggestions for future chapters, comments on the current story, or anything else to try to get me motivated again would be very appreciated

1 Like

Chelle26

“Good news! You’re in the clear.” Agnes told Chelle, who was hooked up to some kind of lie detection machine. “Sorry about all this. We collect vital data for the Protectorate, so you know. Spies and all…”

“Nah, I get that.” Chelle nodded, pulling the rather clunky lie detection hat off her head. “So what’s going to happen now?”

“Well, you can’t really stay here.”, Bonni answered rather bluntly. “But considering you wanna get off-planet, maybe we can repair your ship.”

Agnes18

“We can do that too.”, Agnes agreed. “But there’s another thing I have in mind.” She looked back to the dark-skinned food thief, her belly still distended and quietly churning from its meal. “There’s a camp full of humans on a forest planet. Its under the Protectorate’s watch, so everything you need to survive will be there…including a decent meal.”

Chelle leaned back in her seat, covering her mouth in disbelief. Finally- she’d be in the company of her own kind once more. Sure, the few Hylotl she encountered on this ocean planet were kind and loving, but this kind of human exposure was something she had craved for the longest. Still…she had to wonder. Was it too good to be true?

Chelle24

Upon being beamed down to the world of Praecipua Threshold VI via teleporter, Chelle was greeted rather warmly by the human people populating the lush campsite. Many of them were survivors from Earth, while a few were simply off-world colonists. There was the occasional eccentric on camp, along with some minor encounters from predatory beasts, but it was an otherwise peaceful settlement, abundant with supplies shipped by the Protectorate themselves.

Chelle23

Chelle’s ship had already been repaired by Agnes and her crew only a few days after arrival, but the raven-haired survivor had already grown attached to the human campers residing on this patch of land. Granted, it also helped that the place was a reliable source of food as well. She occasionally left the planet to explore a few remote locations in the galaxy, but Chelle never strayed very far. Chelle mostly spent her days on Praecipua VI with little to no complaints.

…But that’s not to say that this little planet had its own share of “events”.

Chelle22

Chelle was a semi-capable survivalist who knew a thing or two about crafting certain gear and accessories, so the campers found themselves relying on her quite often. Sometimes they would get lost in the forest’s fog, or needed ingredients that required stepping outside of camp, but Chelle was happy to oblige.

One such mission involved collecting some animal meat for a hearty stew. The shipments from the Protectorate were delicious for sure, but the campers had learned how to bring the flavor out of the strange beasts which occupied these woods. Armed with her Aegisalt Bow, Chelle wandered into the forest.

Chelle27

However, there was one particular kind of creature she encountered that wasn’t quite like the others. As Chelle harvested the meat of a smaller mammal, she was suddenly splashed with a strange, greasy yellow liquid from behind, drenching her head, shoulders, and arms with the strange substance.

Writhing in disgust, Chelle quickly looked to the source- and what she saw seemed to be a lumbering creature apparently composed of this greasy liquid, slowly approaching Chelle with wet, squishy footsteps, leaving a trail in its wake.

“What the!-”

Chelle did not hesitate to draw her bow against the bizarre enemy, but as she attempted to aim at the slowly approaching target, the liquid on her face trickled down to her eyes, impeding her vision. She accidentally let go of her laser arrow, barely hitting its intended target.

As the arrow missed the monster, it retaliated by launching a wave of densely-packed projectiles from its body, exploding on contact and hurling Chelle straight to the ground, hitting her head and falling unconscious from the shock. She was at this creature’s mercy…

Vhoom!

…Until the laser arrow she fired seconds earlier came hurtling back towards the monster after ricocheting off a few trees, immediately causing the creature to explode into a pile of yellow goo. But was it all for naught? Chelle had struck her target, but so did the creature…and now she was on the ground in the middle of the forest, fog shrouding the area as she laid motionless…

Chelle28

Chelle slowly fluttered her eyes open after falling back to sleep twice in a row, feeling too slothful to get back up. But once she experienced a sudden flash of an image involving a lumbering, greasy monster, Chelle’s eyes shot right open. She leaned on her elbow planted in the grassy dirt as she took a moment to absorb her surroundings. She was still in the forest; it wasn’t a dream, after all.

“I ain’t monster meat…alright, I guess…”, she mumbled halfheartedly before sharply inhaling through her teeth as she struggled to lift herself off the ground. She was very much alive- after all, you would need to be alive to feel so much pain. Her head was throbbing, as if multiple tiny men were slamming equally tiny hammers on the back of her skull.

Chelle29

Still, she was able to stand on her own two feet, albeit groggily. But something was…off. She felt heavy- and it wasn’t just because she had just awakened. Chelle looked down…and realized that her already sizable bust had grown several cup sizes, seemingly overnight.

“What the-”

Beneath her enormous breasts, which were practically overflowing and in danger of bursting through her bra at any given moment, was a round and corpulent belly. What was once a quaint little pooch on her midsection with pinchable love handles was now billowing from the sides and hanging far over the broken button strap of her jeans, hands practically sinking as she shook her colossal belly and gasped in shock and denial.

“Hh! How!? How’d I get so freaking FAT!?”

Chelle turned to her rear- it was always quite sizable in proportion to the rest of her body, but now it looked like she needed two seats to properly sit down at this point. Pinches of fat attempted to break through the ripped fabrics of her jeans, which would only grow more damaged if she were to walk. Her thighs, soft, pillowy, yet constrained by its tightly-packed prison, touched one another- and like the rest of her body, gently wobbled at the slightest movement.

Chelle didn’t know where to begin. Her clothes felt like they were about to explode, and her body felt sluggish and heavy…but her first priority was escaping these woods. She slowly began to waddle out of the woods, her blubbery belly groaning and sloshing as she did.

Didn’t really get any votes deciding what would happen next for the last part, so I decided to wing it; couldn’t wait to churn this out! Had a little fun with the descriptions though. I might go a little further in adding some more to these Lard Golems which pop up everywhere…in my personal headcanon, anyways.

1 Like

For me, it gets hard to describe weight gain/fat in general, so I can get kind of stuck on that regard. When I get stuck on these kinds of stories, I usually just read other ones for descriptive material.

In terms of formulating stories, I just kinda take screenshots that might be interesting and save them for later. When I feel like I have enough screenshots, I begin to give these pictures captions and tie them into a story from there.

What can also be fun is coming across a specific structure during exploration like an Avian Temple, and think about what your character could be thinking as they travel through it. It depends on what you find of course, but it can be the spontaneousness of it that makes it fun.

Hope this helps somehow.

1 Like

I need all the help I can get, I appreciate it. Also with these stories, most of the time I use areas I’ve already built stuff in rather than exploration (admin mode + item spawner mod) but I do sometimes come across neat stuff every now and again. Also I do sometimes look at other people’s stories to get a good idea of what has and hasn’t been done, but I try not to look at the for reference as I don’t want to copy their way of doing things.

Log Date: 6/7/****

Owner of Report: Agnes Thyne

Subject: Lard Monsters

Chelle27

A universe-wide epidemic is on the loose: shambling life-forms composed entirely of oil. These “Lard Monsters” or “Lard Golems”, are common names used interchangeably by locals/victims across many solar systems to describe these creatures.

Biology

They stand at approx. 5-6 feet tall, though their weight varies around 200-300 pounds. The oils which compose their bodies are of unknown origin, though a mix of various DNA from known races can be found within their genetic structures.

Agnes15

Lard Monsters reproduce asexually via splitting; they will hurl small clumps of fat from their bodies, creating pools where new Lard Monsters will slowly spawn. The bigger the pool, the bigger the yield. It can take up to twelve hours for a new Lard Monster to spawn.

Eva9

Their oils can quickly transmutate water; one single drop of oil, of any amount, will guarantee transmutation. The transmutation of water allows the Lard Monster to spawn prolifically, as entire ponds can be altered within a span of 5-8 seconds. However, Lard Monster oil cannot transmutate water containing high levels of salt; stray clumps of fat have been observed to fall into oceans, but to no effect.

Poomonster

Their appearances and mannerisms greatly resemble Po Golems, organisms composed entirely of fecal matter. The two species share striking similarities, but there is not enough data to confirm whether or not Lard Golems and Po Golems are directly related.

Habitat

Futoi21

Lard Golems are able to survive on a vast variety of planets and biomes, including the extreme habitats of Volcanic and Tundra planets- practically any environment with an atmosphere. Like many other organisms, their endurance is measured by Tier; Lard Monsters found on Lush planets are easier to exterminate, while those found on Volcanic planets are significantly stronger, and thus, harder to eliminate.

Capture4

Lard Golems can be found on planets orbiting Gentle, Temperate, Radioactive, Frozen, and Fiery stars- but their prominence on other solar systems excluding the aforementioned remains to be seen.

Capture Pods appear to be ineffective against these creatures, so it is difficult to return living specimens to the lab for further testing in controlled environments. For now, field research yields greater results.

Diet

Futoi46

Lard Monsters will hunt anything that enters their territory- though these creatures are almost never seen consuming their prey. On occasion, chunks of meat can be harvested from the bodies of “dead” subjects, showing that they, in fact, do have some drive to consume like how most organisms do.

Interestingly, these creatures display more of an urge to be eaten themselves; they will feed themselves to their victims, rapidly fattening said victims. (Explained further in “Behavior”.)

Behavior

The non-sentient Lard Golem is highly aggressive, but are less likely to eat their prey, and instead fatten them up. The Lard Golem will forcefully feed their victim; at long range, they will throw clumps of oil to lure their targets (see Effects). If the target is not lured, the Golem will fire explosive pellets to stun their target as they continue to move closer. It will occasionally release an addictive scent from its mouth as a breath attack, furthering its attempts to lure its victims.

When its close enough, the Lard Monster will shove itself directly into the victim’s mouth, constantly regenerating as it does so. There doesn’t seem to be much motive (or reason) behind these actions, but its constant regeneration displays at least some drive to stay alive.

Effects

Futoi30

The aftermath of Lard Golem attacks can be seen across the universe, leaving a very obvious mark of an attack: the victims are fattened up by their oils in a matter of seconds, usually to the point of immobility. But there are many more symptoms caused by the consumption of these oils.

Chiyo40

Minor symptoms include bloating, increase in appetite, and odd cravings. When the oil enters the stomach, the production of gastric acids is increased, preventing the subject from ever feeling full, even from large meals. Lard Monster oil may even mutate its consumer’s stomach by increasing its elasticity to some extent, allowing the consumer’s stomach to hold far more than what is naturally expected of their species.

Chelle30

There are even reports of moderate to severe bouts of pleasure from the victims; they may feel sexual gratification in eating, or feeding others. This has given rise to various social groups commonly known as “feeders” and “feedees” who delight in the effects of Lard Golem oil. Some cook with the oil, while others directly consume it.

With this noted, Lard Monster oil is highly addictive. The creatures will splatter potential victims with it as an attempt to spark their desire for more. Many black market dealers use the oil as an addictive drug, or even as a weapon.

Namali33

The epidemic has given rise to outlaws who harvest the lard from these monsters and use it as ammunition. This has proven to be highly effective in immobilizing and mentally manipulating their targets- though users may accidentally feed themselves, becoming addicted to their own weapons.

I’m currently researching the benefits of this oil; if controlled, perhaps it can be used in modern medicine, if not, a cure.

The effects of Lard Monster oil can vary between species- but the effects of this oil on other species, along with its potential benefits, shall be discussed in their own dedicated reports.

End log.

5 Likes

Log Date: 6/7/****

Subject: Effects of “Lard” on Different Species

Agnes16

To understand and treat cases of extreme obesity caused by Lard Monster oil (or simply, “Lard”), one must understand the varying symptoms between different races. While many cases appear to be the same, there are distinct differences in the species it affects. For the moment, I will be discussing the most prominent cases between species.

General Information

Chiyo37

The mutations caused by Lard affect the stomach and mind (See Subject: Lard Monsters), but perhaps the most interesting aspect of this affliction lies in how it changes a subject’s physiology. Aside from the obvious growths, those who have ingested significant quantities of Lard appear to have increased endurance.

Futoi38

A Peacekeeper report involving a morbidly obese human suspect gives evidence to this claim: three Peacekeeper officers fired rounds of bullets and lasers in rapid succession, only to realize that the obese offender, having grown out of their protective gear, was still standing (so to speak). They had endured rounds far beyond what is humanly capable; enough rounds did incapacitate the offender after some time, but the fact still stands that Lard greatly enhances a subject’s resistance to harm.

Adija13

As stated above, extreme cases of Lard mutation greatly enhances physical resistance, at the cost of mobility. Many races work around these mobility issues through the help of biotechnology, greatly enhancing their dexterity and speed- albeit limited, depending on the subject’s weight and ability to move. Even those subject to immobility are capable of using the Distortion Sphere line of Techs, fitting through narrow entrances their massive bodies cannot.

Further insight on how Lard can potentially be used as a beneficial drug is suggested- naturally, more data must be gathered before coming to this conclusion. In the meantime, doses of digestion medicine can be used to limit the effects of extreme hunger, and with enough exercise, suppress the multiplication of fat cells within an organism’s body.

Humans

Chelle32

Obesity in humans has been known to cause other health problems, but obesity caused by Lard simply does not. Humans experiencing the effects of Lard do not develop any fatal health problems usually related to obesity, but extreme cases of fatigue and binge eating are still prominent.

However, pleasure caused by Lard and fueled through overeating seems to be fairly more notable in humans; “feederism” takes advantage in the surprising number of risks that are absent compared to normal cases of obesity.

With this pleasure comes an increased boost in self-image; even humans who share no desire to gain weight may experience a complete shift in demeanor, wishing to become even larger than they already are. This change in self-image only adds to Lard’s habit-forming symptoms.

Apex

Apex bodies share similarities with humans; Apex subjects who have consumed Lard are very similar to humans in this regard. However, concerning the Apex’s greater strength and agility, fattened subjects are slightly more capable of mobility than humans.

Apex subjects have been known to crave banana-related foods significantly more than the average Apex. Subjects have been known to consume entire bananas, without eliminating the peel, and have even gone so far to blend bananas and lard into fattening shakes.

Banana-Lard smoothies are relished amongst afflicted Apex, to the point where it is outlawed in many Miniknog controlled colonies. This has caused a rise in rebellion against Apex government in staggering numbers, even more so than before. Even dedicated Miniknog officers have completely dropped their dedication to Big Ape in favor of these extremely addictive desserts.

Avian

Namali45

Omnivorous as they are, Avians have delicate digestive systems, which is why they usually resort to seeds for proper nutrition. Avians who consume Lard are known to have greater cases of gastric bloating than most other races. Many cases include frequent, uncontrollable belching, and abnormal abdominal expansion.

An increased number of cases involve devout followers of the Avian god Kluex using Lard for their sacrificial rituals. Offerings are lavishly pampered and force-fed from within temples, to the point where entire rooms are filled with their extremely fattened bodies. Today, entire reservoirs of Lard surround many of these temples to ensure a steady supply of Lard for offerings.

Namali30

The traditional “ascension into the Aether”- which involves dropping the Avian from a great height- cannot be performed properly by offerings who have been given Lard. The mutation caused by Lard will simply make them to bounce upon impact, inflicting little to no harm to the Avian in question. Instead, offerings are shipped and dropped into the lava of Volcanic planets.

Floran

Nandiya9

When it comes to cases of extreme hunger, no other race is more prominent than the Floran. Floran subjects who consume Lard have fits of ravenous hunger which drive them to madness. Floran villagers have been known to cannibalize their own tribes (and naturally, anyone else they come across) as they attempt to feed their primal desires.

The Lard mutation greatly alters the Floran’s plantlike structure; subjects have been shown to “unhinge” their jaws like snakes, dropping their prey in their stomachs. Their stomachs have been altered into sloshing sacs of metal-burning acid, expanding like rubber to accommodate prey of equal size or even bigger.

Florans are greatly susceptible to Lard mutation due to one key element: water. As mentioned in an earlier report, water quickly transmutates when Lard is added. The water reserves of the Floran immediately changes into Lard upon consuption, causing the subject to fatten up at astonishingly terrifying rates.

Florans that have eaten into immobility quickly adapt to their larger bodies, many cases displaying greater strength compared to other races. However, these bodies require much more food, causing the Floran subject to be weighed down anyway by the immense meals residing in their stomachs.

Hylotl

The amphibious Hylot spend most of their lives submerged, and are highly composed of water themselves. When Lard Monster oil transmutates the water in their bodies into Lard, weight gain happens nearly as instantly as the Floran.

The Hylotl, while slim in appearance, do have layers of blubber within their physiology. This is physically more prominent in females. The blubber provides insulation and buoyancy for the sea-faring Hylotl. A Hylotl exposed to Lard sees this blubber produce at an astonishing rate, making them highly impervious to injury- even more so than the other races.

Chiyo46

While the morbidly obese Floran is physically stronger, the surplus of food in their expanded stomachs hinder their movement. Meanwhile, the Hylotl appear to have better control over their urges, and of course, aren’t carrying a village’s worth of food in their bodies. Most Hylotl who are at peak fitness before exposure to Lard appear to actually benefit from the mutation…

Movements are still somewhat sluggish on land, but the submerged Hylotl can still swim with greater grace than other fattened races. Though, most Hylotl fattened to immobility may be unable to swim as deep as they’d like; the added buoyancy causes them to uncontrollably float to the surface.

Agnes17

Other cases involving species who should not be susceptible to Lard’s mutations shall be covered in a later date, in its own dedicated report. In the meantime, more data must be gathered from these races for better analysis.

End log.

6 Likes

I’m really liking these scientist logs, it’s a style I have not seen here and it really adds a lot of character to the writing!

2 Likes

Thanks! Coming up are Glitch and Novakids; I always had a bit of trouble envisioning them as races capable of getting fat, but I’ve thought of a few reasons how it could happen.

2 Likes

Varni5

(A television show begins; high-tempo banjo music plays as images of a female Novakid are played in a montage on screen, showing her trek through arid wastelands, trudge through damp and dangerous swamps, and run from predatory birds in a windy meadow.

One final image displays the Novakid staring off towards the sunset in a dynamic fashion, as the title of the show finally flashes onscreen.

Varni6

The image shifts to the Novakid on her ship, hands on her hips as she greets the audience.)

Howdy, y’all! Welcome back to another episode of “Varni’s Ventures!” Today we’re doin’ something a lil’ risky- but that’s what this show’s all about, aint it?!

Chelle27

(An image of a white, liquid-like creature is displayed next to Varni.)

We’re gonna be lookin’ at a beast that’s been causin’ a real ruckus ‘round the universe: Lard Golems! And then we’re gonna ask a real important question: can Novakids be fattened up by one o’ these things?

Agnes16

(Varni proceeds to educate the audience about Lard Golems, and how various races have been fattened up to immobility due to their attacks. Once the segment is over, she asks the audience a question that will be answered by the end of the program.

Varni9

The next segment displays Varni on a Forest planet, walking through the woods at night. One out of five camera drones can be seen following her.)

Alright guys and gals, we’re here! Lard Monsters are real common, so lets see if we can bump right into one!

Varni10

(The footage jumps immediately to an encounter with one of the aforementioned creatures. Varni quickly arms herself with a flamethrower, just in case. As the Lard Monster looms forward, Varni continues to monologue.)

Varni11
Howwwwdy dooo, you’re a big one, aincha? Okay folks, I ain’t gonna attack it yet- what ahm gonna do is have it throw some of that lardy goodness into this here pond, just t’ show y’all how quickly the water changes!

Varni13

(Varni lures the creature closer, baiting it with a round of trash talk before it finally throws a clump of fat into the pond. Almost immediately, the water transforms into a cloudy, oil-like substance.)

There we go! Now that we got what we wanted, its time t’ fry some lard! YEEHAW!~

Varni14

(Varni whoops and howls as she lets her flamethrower loose on the lard creature, quickly evaporating its fizzling body into nothingness.

Varni15

Once the monster is dealt with, Varni strips off her gear, her body glimmering brightly through the foggy forest as she proceeds to step towards the pond.)

There’s only one thing left to do: we gonna have a lil’ bath in this oily soup!

Varni17

(Varni sits in the pond; a time lapse of her laying in various positions and even drinking the liquid is shown. However, there is little to no change. Her “breasts” appear to have grown by at least one size for a split second, but is barely noticeable as she vacates the pond.)

Alright, that was a lil’ disappointin’…as you can see, Novakids ain’t very susceptible to gettin’ fattened up- that cuz’ we ain’t got no fat t’ begin with! Just gas- lots of it.

But ahm not givin’ up so easily! Ah ain’t leavin’ this planet until ahm big and round! Let’s see if we can’t find another fine fella t’ make an even bigger pool o’ lard.

Varni18

(The footage jumps to another encounter in a cave, where Varni dances around another Lard Monster. This time, she forces it to make the biggest pool of lard possible.

Varni20

She explains over the explosion of packed lard pellets that staying submerged in the middle of a lard pool probably isn’t enough, as she allows the Lard Monster to force feed her, like many have to other victims.

Another time lapse takes place; the monster continues to force its oily body into where Varni’s “mouth” would be. She playfully wrestles with the monster as it continues to feed her- or at least try to. Despite her glowing body, its difficult to make out Varni’s shape in the new pool of lard. The time lapse continues until its morning- and Varni finally emerges from the pool to give the audience a proper look at her body.)

Varni21

Guys an’ gals! Ah actually did it! Ah done ate the monster, and lookit what its done t’ me! Ah look like a Mooshi on butcherin’ day!

(A belch slips out from beneath Varni’s brand, letting out a small burst of nuclear flame.)

Oof- excuuuse me! Fellas, ah think this lard builds up even more gas in our lil’ bodies, makin’ us all bloated-like! Ah definitely feel heavy, and my body’s jigglin’ like a jar of jelly on horseback!

But lookit how long it took t’ do that. Sun’s risin’ up already! Guess we’ll venture out and have ourselves a lil’ walk!

Varni22

(There is a clip show of Varni walking through the woods in her fattened state; the casing holding the glowing gases in her body jiggles with every subtle movement. Varni’s immense “breasts” constantly get in the way of her swaying arms as she walks, and her bouncing rear gets a short, but substantial glamour shot. As she walks however, her body seems to shrink rapidly over time.

She soon stops in her tracks, the cameras zooming into the wooden homes of a Glitch Village.)

Varni23

Hey, its a quaint lil’ village o’ tin men! Wonder what they have t’ say ‘bout my quaint lil’ body? Maybe we can get some more facts ‘bout them lardies! Better get there quick though; seems like ahm shrinkin’ real fast.

(Varni sprints off towards the village, leaving her signature trail of fire which quickly burns out as she does so. The footage cuts to a sign on one of the Glitch buildings, zooming out as Varni steps inside. Cheerful folk music is played in the background.)

Varni24

Hey there, metal man! Mind if ah walk around this place?

(A Glitch guard stares up and down at Varni, optics blinking in bewilderment.)

“Perplexed. Um. Sure. Just don’t cause any trouble…”

Thanks! Ah won’t cause trouble- too much, at least!~

Varni25

(Footage shifts between various scenes of Varni approaching Glitch and asking them about her body. Most Glitch seem uncomfortable, silently stepping away. Others happily give their opinion, usually to comedic effect. Varni laughs along with them- even as her body continues to shrink.

Varni27

Varni manages to have a few insightful interviews with the Glitch about the Lard Monsters, but by the time the segment ends, Varni has already shrunken back to her original size.)

Varni28

Well darn- guess its over already. Had a lot of funny looks from people, but ah suppose that wraps it up. Gotta admit though, it was kinda fun walkin’ round like that. A real neat experiment, ah’d say!

(A Glitch in golden armor approaches Varni from behind. The camera immediately pans over to show that he was being followed by small squadron of three other guards.)

“Forbidding. Where are your clothes?”

Varni29

Whoops! That’s my cue!

(Varni teleports out of the scene, narrowly evading the guard’s axe. The camera pans over to the other three guards, rushing over to attack it. The scene zooms out as the camera flies out of reach…only for it to suddenly drop by an offscreen attack, cutting to static.

Varni30

In the next scene, Varni is back on her ship, fully clothed as she begins to sign off.)

Well that’s one village I won’t be welcomed back to…but we’ve learned a lot today, haven’t we? We’ve learned more about the Lard Monsters and how to protect yourself from their attacks! We even got an up close look on what Lard does to a Novakid! Ah think that’s a good place as any t’ end our lil’ meetin’.

Hope t’ see y’all again next time, and remember- “If yer gonna blaze a trail, burn it right up!”

(After one brief segment answering the pop quiz question Varni asked at the beginning of the show, the credits begin to roll.)

2 Likes

Varni34

Hey, y’all! Welcome back to another episode of “Varni’s Ventures”! Last time, I tried getting up close and personal with one of them Lard Monsters, just to see how Lard affects us Novakids.

(Images from last episode appear around Varni, including images where Varni had been successfully “fattened up” by one of the creatures.)

Ah got pretty darn big, but it didn’t last too long. This time, ah wanna get even bigger! So big in fact, ah probably won’t be movin’ anytime soon- and how am I gonna do that?

Varni45 - Copy

(Clips of Florans of varying sizes are shown, replacing the images onscreen. The Floran hunters can be seen with specialized weapons used for fattening up their prey.)

That’s right- we’re going deep into Floran territory, get captured, and see how Florans fatten up their prey right before th’ slaughter!

Before ah do this, ah just wanna say one thing: DO NOT try this at home. Interrupting a Floran’s hunt can be real dangerous. Ahm a trained professional; leave this one to th’ pros, alright?

Varni40

(A montage of Varni entering a leafy cavern flashes onscreen, as she narrates about the Florans- namely ones who have been affected by the addictive nature of Lard.)

Now, Florans can’t get enough of that fatty stuff from them Lard Monsters; Florans across the universe harvest oils from the critters and load them into specially made guns. Florans have always valued a big, juicy hunk of meat- and with these guns, nabbing a feast is easier than ever!

The Floran hunters continue to pump their prey chock full o’ lard until it can’t move no more. A tribe of Florans’ll have t’ haul th’ critter all the way back home. The fattened beast is just as fattening as the weapons themselves; one bite, and the Florans swell up real big, right until they’re bloated, leafy blobs.

These weapons find use outside of Floran tribes, and have been outlawed in thousands of star systems- and ahm gonna be shot by one.

Varni35

(The montage ends when Varni approaches a wooden gate, flamethrower at the ready.)

Alright- we’re here. Before performin’ this dangerous stunt, yer gal’s gonna have plenty of firepower at th’ ready. Bein’ walkin’ salad factories an’ all, Florans hate fire. If it gets too crazy in here, ah might have t’ use my lovely lil’ flamethrower here.

Oph! Ah think ah hear somethin’! Ya’ll ready for this?

Varni36

(The Floran opens the gate, aiming a pink gun at Varni.)

“Brightsnack! Floran fatten!”

Varni37

(The Floran begins to fire what appears to be globs of chocolate
directly into Varni’s mouth. Varni doesn’t resist, simply letting the hunter shoot.)

Mmh! That’s some- (gulp) good stuff! But ah don’t feel any bigger. Hey, you! You ain’t doin’ it right!

(The Floran continues his assault, even as Varni steps closer.

Varni38

She forcefully grabs the gun, and places its barrel below her brand. The Floran pauses, seemingly confused- but quickly resumes. Even as Varni is fed directly, there’s no significant change. Seeing this, the Floran lets out a savage yell, jumping right on top of her.)

Darn! Ack! OW! Hey, cut the! Cut the cam-

(The footage immediately jumps to another scene: Varni’s clothes are ripped and covered in chocolate, and the unconscious Floran is seen behind her- mostly blurred out for censorship. Varni pants in exhaustion as she speaks to the audience.)

Varni39

Okay…ah had to…take that guy out. He was…real tough…don’t worry though! He ain’t a goner- just fainted a bit…

Unfortunately, ah haven’t…plumped up…a single bit. We should try going…deeper in…

Varni41

(The footage shifts to another encounter with a Floran; this Floran in particular is carrying a larger weapon. Varni narrates over the footage as he begins to fire large quantities of lard, filling up the room almost instantly.)

Varni42

That’s a Lardnade Launcher, another weapon banned across many other galaxies. These babies pump entire pools of lard, highly effective at getting targets fat reaaaal fast. But sometimes the user gets caught in the blast, becomin’ addicted to their own Lard. They’ll keep firin’ just t’ drink more an’ more of the stuff.

Varni43

Ah had t’ steer clear of th’ Floran himself while he was distracted, cuz Lard can throw Florans into a real scary zone. Its not like he could grab me with his blobby lil’ arms, but Lard can be unpredictable like that!

Varni44

With such a high volume of Lard, ah was gettin’ nice n’ round faster than ah thought ah would. The Lard inside me would burn real fast though, so ah had t’ keep divin’ and gulpin’ for anything t’ happen. There was so much lard at this point, ah could just swim to the other room and let the Floran just sit there, all bloated. This lasted for a while until…

Varni46

(The montage ends, now showing a massive, immobile Varni sitting amongst a smaller pool of Lard as she continues to monologue.)

Folks…we done did the impossible. You thought I was a big star before…well lookit’ me now! Ahm my own sun! I was feelin’ reaaaal heavy…couldn’t even move my arms at this point. Let alone talk…you’ll see why.

Varni51

(The voice over ends, allowing the audience to listen to Varni in the moment. She pants heavily, almost wheezing as she does so. Her words are constantly interrupted by hot, heavy belches. Varni herself seems to glow even brighter during her fit of belches and burps.)

(GuRuRuRrPH! UrRrRrrRAAAP!) Guys…(BWARRUrRRrPH!) an gals…ahm feelin’ sumthin’ new here…(URRrRrPRH!) Ahm heatin’ up a whole lot…gettin’…(GURrRPh!) a real fever…

Glowin’ real hot, too…ain’t…(hic!)…ain’t never feel quite like this before…feels…(AAOuRRp!) kinda…nice…~

Varni50

(The audio shifts to another voice-over. Varni laughs a little over this.)

Lookin’ back at this, this was probably a real dangerous situation t’ be in. There was so much gas wellin’ up in my body, an’ fer once, it was stayin’ stuck there fer a while. Ah felt like ah was done ready t’ burst!

The gas was makin’ me burn real bright; I could smell smoke comin’ from th’ wooden floor beneath me. Had t’ burp all that gas out t’ keep from explodin’…that’s what it felt like, at least.

My camera drones are always equipped with fire retardant, but ah didn’t know if it would be enough. If ah got any hotter, or if I burped the wrong way, ah might’ve caused a real big fire.

All things considered though…it felt incredible!

Varni53

Ah eventually burped myself back in shape though…fascinatin’ as it was, ah didn’t want to be stuck in that cavern forever!

Varni55

Funny- when ah saw all of the lard that leaked out to the bottom of the cave, I almost forgot about what happened. Before ah rose to the surface, ah made sure to grab a few jars as a neat lil’ keepsake.

Varni56

(The footage eventually leads to Varni returning to the surface, fully clothed and standing next to a flag donning the Novakid emblem.)

And THAT’S what happens when a Floran tries to fatten you up! Ah hope you take this fine piece o’ information and try t’ avoid doin’ this at all costs! You may never be able to escape like how ah did!

Keep in mind though- Florans ain’t the only ones guilty o’ this. Anyone could have their hands on a big ol’ Lardnade Launcher, so you better keep an eye open!

But that’s all fer now. And remember- “If yer gonna blaze a trail, burn it right up!”

(After another brief segment, the credits begin to roll.)

6 Likes

I’ll be honest, I’m not motivated enough to continue the story for the moment. It might be a couple of weeks or even months before I upload again. I’m just not sure where to go with the story or what other stuff to add. Also the low amount of likes on my recent ones has made me weary of trying new things along with there not being as many positive comments as their used to be (except for Pizza_Pizza_Ruby_Rub). Any help with the story would be nice but for now Khaan’s, Aiko’s and the other’s journeys will be put on hold indefinitely.

2 Likes

That’s a shame. I really liked the writing here, but its perfectly understandable.
On another note, I kind of like Aiko. If you ever get in the feel of things again, I wouldn’t mind learning more about his character.

1 Like

I’ll try to motivate myself to write again if I can, in the meantime thank you for the kind words!

1 Like

Log Date: 6/9/****

Subject: Effects of “Lard” on Glitch

Agnes17

Based off of common knowledge, there should be no reason why Lard affects inorganic races such as the Novakid and the Glitch. However, cases involving these racial classes have been appearing- albeit more rarely than other races. Nevertheless, these cases should not be ignored; I have gathered information concerning the physiology of these two races, and how certain factors have caused these races to become susceptible to “obesity”, as we call it.

Varni65

Effects

There are two kinds of Glitch: ones capable of expansion, and ones who are not. This section explains the effects of the former.

Lard has been known to psychologically alter the afflicted. In the case of the Glitch, there is little to no change in personality. They appear to be wholly immune to the addictive nature of Lard, though most may simply acquire Lard to artificially boost their status in society.

Aforementioned Glitch couples who are aware of “feederism” have been known to experiment out of curiosity. Glitch males now look after their immobilized spouses in mutual enjoyment, though the reverse has been known to occur.

Physically, an expanded Glitch’s body is highly dense and nearly immune to conventional weaponry. Even subjects with mild effects are extremely heavy, spending more energy in motion than most other races. Increases in appetite emerge from the surplus amount of energy spent.

Despite being made of mostly metal, the expanded Glitch’s body is surprisingly supple. Not as supple as the body fat of biological species of course, but heavy impact can cause the expanded Glitch’s body to ripple with a dull, metallic sound.

Extreme cases exert so much energy in motion (or attempting to move), that their metallic bodies are prone to overheating; proceed with caution when touching an immobile Glitch.

Glitch Physiology/The Unaffected

The Glitch are capable of ingesting food as a means of survival. Food ferments within their bodies, creating methane which is burned to power their gas turbines. This process does not involve the storing of the Glitch’s equivalent to “fat”.

Instead, Glitch of the noble rank in their hierarchy are built with curved bodies, meant to accentuate their wealth. These bodies are noticeably rounder and heavier; from a look, a Glitch can tell whether or not this individual is of noble status by their size alone.

Yet, these curved bodies do not alter in size to simulate weight gain/loss. Like other Glitch, the size of their bodies remain stagnant throughout their lifetime. The steady progression between “thin” and “overweight” would not be something that would arise until a later generation: the generation of “self-aware” Glitch.

The New Models/Expansion Capable Glitch

Many Glitch colonies on other planets are incapable of progressing their societies, sticking to their archaic beliefs. Glitch unable to break this programming loop usually build bodies made of the same materials, whereas the Glitch who have ventured far from their home planets have been exposed to advanced technology- technology they hope to intergrate into their predecessors.

Siegeflower38

Most Glitch have been known to fail, accidentally creating new Glitch bodies through traditional methods. Meanwhile, others have succeeded, creating a completely new generation with abilities which surpass older models.

Siegeflower47

These new models better emulate the smaller details other life forms possess, including bodies which seemingly swell upon enjoying grand feasts. In recent history, Glitch couples have taken advantage of this change- namely the males. Husbands will “fatten up” their wives to indicate their wealth, along with proudly displaying their capacity to care for their partners.

I have attempted to consult the Glitch about the materials used to create these models. They seemed to be wholly incapable of providing solid answers, even bringing up subjects completely unrelated, as if these specific memories are completely inaccessible. While inspection shows that the metal used appears to be a pliable substance, what this substance is continues to be a mystery.

Varni64

Returning to the topic at hand, this pliable substance seems to react on a molecular level when exposed to Lard. The subject does not even have to ingest Lard; simply coming in contact with enough of it causes them to grow, albeit much slower than other races.

Conclusion

Varni66

Compared to biological races, the way Glitch exhibit obesity via Lard is vastly different. As such, specially crafted weight loss tonic for Glitch must be crafted and administered. The metal composing Glitch capable of expansion must be researched further, meaning that reaching a long-term cure for Glitch may take much longer.

Glitch incapable of expansion are not in danger- but records indicate that Glitch born between the years of ****, **** and the present may be at risk. As Lard swells an expansion-capable Glitch on contact, wearing liquid-proof clothing is way to avoid accidental weight gain.

I will continue to give updates concerning expansion-capable Glitch whenever possible; for now, more data concerning their mechanical shells is required.

End log.

3 Likes

This revival of the topic has made me think back to that sumo hylotl who got rescued earlier, but not before being turned into a blob. I wonder what really happened to her…

The logs also interests me quite a lot that I want to see more of this.

2 Likes

I wasn’t quite sure how to continue her story from there. I had lost steam for Chiyo by the time that story ended. I did have a few ideas, including having her participate in sumo tournaments against massive, Tech-enhanced opponents. That could be a well-needed departure from the sudden shift in tone.

Now that I think about it, cyborg sumos sound like a pretty neat idea…

Otherwise, I’m glad you’ve liked my stories! The next log will be about Novakids. That one’s coming very soon.

1 Like

I’m just curious, would anyone interested in a one-off story? Since I fell burnt out/idealess on the Khaan/Aiko + Muramasa/Cameron story, I was thinking of doing something else to get my mind off it. Also any recommendations or ideas for the main story would be nice as well.

2 Likes

I might be. Would like to read about what this one-off story is.

I wouldn’t mind, if you’re feeling up for it.