Starbound Big Fatties: Character and stories sharing

Well if they did meet up IRL, which would be especially hard given that “addresses” and reliable methods of long-range transportation are non-existent, they wouldn’t be able to do feeder/feedie stuff due to resource shortages. I do like the idea but unless they’re from the same building complex the chances of them meeting are next to none. I could do that, but it kinda feels cliche. An online-only relationship would be interesting to do and isn’t exactly done all that often.

1 Like

Here’s an origin story featuring Jaki. There will be more than one part- but while the main focus is storytelling, there will be some stuffing/WG involved as Jaki rises through the ranks.

Jaki43

Ten years ago before Jaki’s reign as “Queen of the Wasteland”, there was once a king with a similar title. His name was Ekzel- and his title was “Ruler of the Unruly”.

He owned one of the biggest Solarium mines on the planet, and thanks to many off-world deals (many of them questionable), Ekzel was also disgustingly rich. This wealth was rarely shared with the rest of his colony. While his followers starved, forced to hunt after the vicious, gas-spewing, fire-breathing monsters, Ekzel hoarded and devoured his colony’s food supply. The Ruler of the Unruly had no shame in this self-indulgence either; he flaunted his wealth in other’s faces in the shape of a sagging, shirtless potbelly, swathed and stained with grease, among other things.

But to underestimate him for his size would be a lethal mistake. Ekzel was a Deadbeat; his body was naturally resistant to intense heat, thanks to his years growing up on a Scorched planet, decayed by the dangerously high temperatures. Added to his resistance, his cybernetic enhancements gave him an immunity to poison, remarkable physical strength, and the ability to interface with his Solarium-powered weapons.

Needless to say, crossing Ekzel was a death sentence in and of itself. Many of his followers disliked his cruelty, selfishness, and gluttony, but only a few ever mustered the courage to challenge him. Those few were never seen again.

His strength, along with his ability to maintain and expand his territory were the only reasons why the scroungers of the metallic wasteland joined and followed him…but his colony could only withstand his rule for so long. Slowly but surely, circles of his own “subjects” began to develop plans to overthrow their gluttonous ruler.

Jaki37

A young human mechanic was one of these followers, determined to take her Ekzel down. Unlike most humans, she had never seen the Earth in her lifetime, and had only overheard stories about its clean air and fresh water.

Her name was Jaki- and the Earth was the least of her concerns for the moment. Ekzel had absorbed her small colony into his territory…not before killing and maiming the ones who resisted, including her older brother. Earth was not on her mind…simply revenge.

Still, there wasn’t anything particularly outstanding about Jaki. While anything but frail, she was far below her superiors in terms of strength and stature. Minor cybernetic enhancements were mandatory as a means of survival, but they wouldn’t be enough for her vendetta. For the moment, planning Ekzel’s demise would have to wait. Like many other members of her colony, she had to aid Ekzel in seizing territory and manpower- that usually meant combing the desert for other colonies.

Jaki and her small group of trackers had been tasked with hunting down a faint signal in the desert. Midway along the journey, Jaki had volunteered to split away from the others in search for food. Jaki insisted on going alone, believing that she was well-equipped.

Jaki38

Unfortunately, so were the creatures hovering far above the surface, endowed with eyes that could track unlucky travelers thousands of miles below. Jaki was one of them.

Before she could fully realize it, a pair of 12-foot flying lizards had swooped down from the poisonous skies, intending to devour one of the few meals they could spot in this region. Jaki’s enhancements allowed her to survive long enough, but one lapse of judgement was all the monsters needed to move in and maul their prey.

Jaki began to regret her decision of going alone, and requested backup…but one shot of electric breath from the creatures was enough to disrupt her signal, forcing Jaki to fight alone. Her signal did manage to miraculously come back online- but by the time it did, it was far too late.

Jacki40

Manslaughter was part of everyday life for many of the people living on this planet…but when a member of Jaki’s squad drove out to track her signal late in the evening, he couldn’t help but feel just a little empathy for what he’d witnessed.

The splattered remains of the desert monsters had been littered across the sand…along with the severed upper body of his associate. From what he could see, Jaki managed to maim the scaly beasts, but not before brutally ripping her apart. Jaki had died hours ago.

The witness took a brief moment to process the situation- but before long, he piled the animal meat, along with Jaki’s corpse, onto his vehicle to share with the others. At least they’d have a proper meal.

But as the bespectacled scavenger took a small glance at the bagged remains of Jaki’s body, he had a thought- a thought which came as regularly as the mathematical machinations swarming about in his mind. He had a secret project, hidden from the eyes of Ekzel- and in the moment, he had found the perfect opportunity to test it…

Jacki41

Jaki had awoken from what felt like a long, dreamless slumber- at least, as far as she could remember. Though, her place of slumber was not a blanket over the sand or an insect-ridden mattress on the cold metallic floor, like she was used to. In fact, when she opened her eyes, she found herself standing in what appeared to be some sort of holding cell.

Upon asking of her whereabouts, Jaki was greeted by a pair of familiar figures, diminutive and clad in monochromatic colors. One of them carried an oversized wrench, which while too big for their body, didn’t seem to tip it off balance. Immediately, Jaki recognized this odd figure as one of the members of her squad.

“Bloggy…?”

“Oh hey! You’re awake.” the figure holding the wrench responded ever-so-causally. “You’ve been out for a while.”

Jaki had several questions- two of them involved the feeling of numbness in her legs, and a strange sensation in her right eye. As she asked, a memory flashed before her eyes. A memory of a recent event, namely a traumatic one. Details were blurry, but she remembered a mix of feelings during that event.

Regret…

Terror…

Desperation…

Panic…

Despair…

Acceptance…

…Peace.

To her own bewilderment, she felt an uncanny sense of calmness remembering this event. She felt so calm in fact, she had the need to ask why she was so calm. Her answer came at a single request from the wrench-bearing figure.

“Well- why don’t you step out the pod and see for yourself?”

Jacki42

Air hissed from the pod as it automatically slid open. The monochromatic figures took a few steps back, as if out of caution. Wondering why they stared at her in such a way, Jaki was compelled to approach them…and as she did, the sound of multiple, metallic footsteps followed. Investigating the source of the noise, she looked down…

Jaki took a moment to process the situation. Most ships were equipped with reconfiguration pods, which restored a victim from death by beaming up their atoms and reassembling them. While scavengers of the wasteland didn’t have such luxuries, their existing physical enhancements provided a second lease on life- considering that their minds would even remain intact from the trauma.

“…I’m alive again…”, Jaki trailed off, still not sure how to feel about this. Looking down to her new mechanical limbs however, she still had a few questions. “…But why these? What is this…thing I’m hooked up to?”

“Well, a little birdie told me that you weren’t a very big fan of Ekzel. Good news: neither are we!”, the wrench holder explained- and as he did, others in the room clamored in agreement. “That ‘thing’ right there is the ticket. Its practically done; all it needed was a host.”

Jacki44

In truth, the wrench-holding figure- a Penguin scientist named Bloggy- had a plan to overthrow Ekzel and become the new ruler of the wasteland, using his co-partner’s death as a means of testing his experimental weapon. But as testing continued, Jaki displayed abilities which would surpass Bloggy’s expectations…

(To be continued?)

2 Likes

Dang, quite impressed with the first part. I would like to see more of this!

1 Like

Deep below the oxidized surface of the metallic wasteland, a mountainous monarch feasts. The stale air is filled with the noisy sounds of his open-mouthed chewing, occupied by the popping of his wet, licked fingers leaving his crumb-stained mouth, and only temporarily paused by the burps escaping his rumbling stomach as even more food is crammed down in its place.

Jaki73

“(UrRrRrRRP!) Keep it coming, boys!”

The blue-skinned ruler of the wasteland leaned back in his throne, throwing a large bone into the pile of crushed remains. Ekzel let out another sonorous belch as he placed a greasy hand over his girthy gut, filled with a myriad of delectable delicacies. He had been eating for hours, and had just finished his most recent course- yet he still craved more, now waiting for his Fenerox servants to arrive with more food.

As two Fenerox servants left the room, another cautiously entered. She kept her eyes low to the ground, trying to avoid glancing at the blue behemoth’s bulging belly. It was difficult; while the Deadbeat’s body did disgust her, she was simultaneously envious over the fact that Ekzel could eat that much, while servants like her were nothing but skin and bones…

“Hey- you’re empty handed.”, Ekzel said to the Fenerox as she flinched out of her daydream. “This better be good.”

The female Fenerox lowered her head to bow. “Bringing message. Strong fighter. Arena shaking.”

“Ahahah, a new warrior in the arena!?”, Ekzel asked with amusement. “Who are they?”

Jaki40

The Fenerox servant lifted her arm, displaying a projection from a device in her palm. The projection displayed one of the many cyborgs fighting in his underground arenas. “Warrior Jaki. Four legs. Suddenly appeared.”

“I can’t see her!” Ekzel disapprovingly threw a small bone at the servant’s head, causing her to ears to droop as a yelp escaped her lips. “Come closer!”

The servant reluctantly took a few steps forward, giving her master a better view of her findings. Meanwhile, the servant had gotten an even closer view of the bloated blue orb of flesh spilling between the Deadbeat’s legs, resting on the seat below. The servant averted her eyes as the footage continued to play.

“Mmmmh, she’s a fine one. I bet her legs looked great when she had 'em!”, Ekzel said before letting out a wheezing laugh. “And she’s gone up to the Bronze Rank in just four months?!”

The Fenerox gulped. “Confirming question. Strong fighter. Ekzel’s reaction?”

“Eh.”, Ekzel shrugged. “She looks tough, but not tough enough to be a part of my elite crew. I COULD jump in and steal that tech, but I’m not in the mood. Let her keep fighting a little longer; I’ll think about what to do with her. Oh- and another thing?”

The Fenerox blinked. “Curiosity provoked. Asking what. Cautiously questioning.”

“TELL THOSE MORONS TO HURRY UP WITH THE FOOD!”, Ekzel shouted. “BEFORE I HAVE YOU FOR DINNER!!”

Absolutely terrified, the Fenerox servant let out a chattering cry as she darted off in the other direction. As she did so, Ekzel burst out into a fit of laughter which echoed against the metallic walls…

A small part of the origin story for Jaki. A bit of slob-eating if you like that kind of thing.
That poor little Fenerox servant may or may not see a return.

2 Likes

I’ll be honest, I’m not entire sure what to do for my next story. Like I’ve said before I wanted it to be VR-Themed (see post 159), but I don’t know what I want to happen in the VR. The only thing I certain of is that there isn’t a “If X happens in game, X happens in real life” as that’s gotten a bit cliche for me. Along with that, my burnout has made it hard for me to get enough motivation to think, let alone write about it. Ideas would be nice but don’t expect this story to pop up for quite some time.

1 Like

Its a small idea, but how about Ira joining a chatroom of feeders? They could basically take turns making each other full.

Gameplay-wise, what if one of the minigames was a shooter RPG, and his avatar basically gains weight with each level-up?

Or maybe a game where players search around a large area, trying to devour slimes? The player with the most slimes is the victor. But there would have to be strategy involved, as the slimes will slow you down, and you’d have to use in-game items to work around that debuff.

There could also be an option over the use of EXP, or other kinds of currency gained from each game. It can be used to make the character heavier, but having enough of it will let you buy items to (ahem) expand the experience further.

2 Likes

All of those sound like great ideas! Thank you for the inspiration!

1 Like

Jaki74

“Huh. Well this is new…”

The bespectacled Penguin couldn’t help but smirk a little as he was backed into a corner, a shotgun aimed directly at his head. For one reason or another, the situation did amuse him- but Jaki saw nothing funny about this.

“Cut the crap, Bloggy.” Jaki said as she aimed the shotgun at the Penguin. “I know you’ve been controlling me. Ever since I died, all I’ve been doing is taking orders from you. I thought I was doing things all on my own, but I’ve seen your plans. I’m just a pawn to you. Tell me I’m wrong!”

The Penguin paused. There shouldn’t have been a way for Jaki to break free of the subtle directives he instilled into Jaki’s robotic half- and yet, here he was, all alone with the four-legged cyborg as she threatened to splatter his cranium across the desert sand. Believing that he had nothing left to lose, Bloggy came to his conclusion.

“…You’re not. But this…this is even better than I had ever hoped!”

Jaki furrowed her eyebrows, confused by this statement. Still, she didn’t let down her guard as she nudged her gun forward. “What do you mean ‘this is better than you hoped’?”

The Penguin cleared his throat. “Give me about three minutes, and I’ll tell you why.” He then dropped his wrench and lifted his flippers into the air, kicking the tool over to Jaki to show that he was disarmed.

“Well that’s stupid.”, Jaki grimaced. “What makes you think I won’t pull the trigger anyway? Don’t think I’ve got what it takes?”

“You do, but you won’t. Because you’re better than that. Better than Ekzel…”

Jaki immediately fired her weapon; a deafening shot rang out through the wasteland…but as Bloggy opened his eyes, he simply found that his glasses- or rather, his analytical visor, was in the sand, shattered to pieces. Now truly disarmed, he took another wide-eyed glance at Jaki as she agreed to his terms.

“…Three minutes.”

Jaki72

The Penguin quickly explained his scheme. He explained how his intentions on taking down Ekzel were true. Like many other members of Ekzel’s colony, he was starving, and absolutely sickened by the way things were. As such, Bloggy explained his desire to assassinate Ekzel and rule the wasteland.

There was just one problem: as much as Bloggy wanted a different leader, he didn’t really want to take things into his own hands. He loathed the idea of leadership over the wasteland.

Jaki67

“Being a leader is a real hassle. Yeah, I’d get benefits, but is it really worth all the work?”, the Penguin asked. “And for this boring place? I waited so long for someone to kill that guy already, but he’s basically unbeatable! So even if I don’t want to, I’d rather look over things than be treated like dirt for the rest of my life!”

Jaki watched the timer on her HUD go down as the Penguin explained. He now had less than a minute.

“But why?” Jaki asked again, still not content with the answers given. “If I’m supposed to be your puppet, you probably would’ve had better fail-safes in case I ever turned against you. Why’d you make it so easy?”

Jaki69

This is where the Penguin smiled once more. “Because…I kind of wanted this to happen. I don’t have to do this! You’ve got a stronger will, and you actually have more forethought than I do. Yeah, I controlled you a bit, but when you maneuver in the arena, your mind meshes so well with your robotic half’s processes! If anyone should be leader…its you!”

Jaki’s eye widened from this claim. It darted across the ground for a moment…before she glared at Bloggy once again. “You’d say anything to save your own life.”

The Penguin sighed, lowering his head. “…Well, you’re not wrong. Us Penguins aren’t well-known for our trustworthiness. But if I die now…” He looked back up to Jaki, an earnest smile spreading across his beak. “…at least my work will proceed me.”

As Jaki prepared to pull the trigger, she took notice of Bloggy’s vitals; from all of the information gathered from a thorough scan of his body, he was telling the truth. But that could have been a trick as well. In the end, it was up to her instincts. Her “human side”, in other words…

…and that human side let the flightless bird live.

Bloggy watched in blank-faced disbelief as Jaki lowered her gun. In that moment, he was perfectly prepared to die…but a sigh of relief did escape his beak as the threat subsided.

“So. What’s next…boss?”, he asked.

Jaki68

“We’re not waiting around any longer.”, Jaki responded. “No more of these pointless tests in the arena. I’m going to challenge Ekzel directly, where everyone can see us.”

“That’s pretty reckless…”, Bloggy said, concern oozing from his tone. “…but I’m with you.”

“Its not like I’m running in there without any backup.”, Jaki told the Penguin as she gently tapped the side of her head. “Before I died, I had a project of my own in the works. Maybe I can add that to what I’ve got- but we’ll have to smuggle a few things from the mines.”

“Done. Me and the boys’ll be right on it.”, the Penguin nodded. “But if I can ask, what are you building, exactly…?”

Jaki projected an image from her visor; they were blueprints quickly put together as the two were talking…and as Bloggy laid his beady little eyes on the plans, a glimmering twinkle emerged from one of those eyes.

“Oho…I already love what I’m seeing…~”

The fight’s next- and there’ll be a bit of that weight gain I promised in that part!

1 Like

Still have a lot of work to do on the VR story but I figured I’d share a bit of the story to see what you all think. Feedback on this current section would be nice along with more ideas for what’s next

The familiar sound of blistering sand battering the rusted containers irritated Ira out of his blissful dream. He opened his groggy eyes to see the second-rate interior of his container house. It was not like the expertly renovated ones from before the world was ash and sand, but instead a metal box with just enough ventilation to breath and just enough furnishings to make it feel like a home. Every night Ira dreamt that he was somewhere else, somewhere away from his miserable living and burnt world that he had come to revile so much that he rarely unlocked the unwieldy ship door bolted to the side of the container unless it was to get food or use the bathroom. He had no job as they were either been destroyed with the old world or taken up by someone else in the Scrap Towers, leaving him nothing to do but sit idly in his own home. He peered out of his suspended hammock to see that the antique step ladder he had drilled into the container floor had not moved since his night rest. After lifting himself out of his tattered hammock, he descended the stepladder down to the corroded floor of the container.

He turned behind him to notice the area closest to the locked door that he had made to vaguely resemble a living room. In front of the crudely crafted wooden sofa was a bulky metal safe that served as the table one would normally rest their feet on while watching TV. However, there was no television to watch since the building that generated the signals satellites that transmitted them were both had been all but wiped out with only the occasional DVD player and undamaged disc to provide some source of digital entertainment. Thankfully one of the mutated members of the Scrap Towers had cobbled together enough parts from a server farm to make a crude version of the internet for the residents. Though lacking vast amounts of old-world data and connected to only a couple other networks, it provided enough processing power to allow the entire community to have something they had not had for years; wireless data transmission. With it, residents could share massive amounts of information without using up valuable paper and ink, create experiences meant to remind people of the world there once was, and have more information at their fingertips then they had ever had since the collapse. Ira did not care for any of that though, he just wanted an escape from the world of ash and sand.

Also, here’s some pictures of the feeder chatroom where the weight gain + character interactions will be. Figured I’d toy around with the NPC appearances to have just the right mix of awesome, laid-back, memey, and miscellaneous outfits. As for the chatroom itself, I tried to make it resemble something that you might see in a real life server. Again, feedback would be lovely

2 Likes

The introduction illustrates Ira’s need for an escape pretty well. The preview for the chatroom isn’t bad either! How did you get the “cyberspace” biome anyway? Don’t these things disappear when you’re done with the mission?

For one recommendation as a “meme-ish” look, there’s this computer head thing that’s been popping up in my treasure chests. There’s a myriad of quirky headgear to choose from, really.

If that’s interesting, the spawn code is “/spawnitem monitorhelm”.

There’s also these:

As to not spam the page, there’s a full list of this stuff here:
https://starbounder.org/Cosmetic_Armor

1 Like

For the cyberspace planets I used the virtua planets mod to that I could have one that wasn’t mission dependent. Also I cannot believe I did not think of those, will definitely add a few more NPCs with those

1 Like

Jaki55

“You’ve got a lot of nerve, you Arachne-lookin’ freak!”, Ekzel hollered to Jaki over the noise of the crowd, brandishing his hammer in a threatening manner. “No one challenges the king an’ lives!”

Jaki had many things she wanted to say to the loathsome, lard-bellied lord of the wasteland; it would have been pointless to sum up her feelings in a single sentence. She decided that her actions in the arena today would speak louder than any cluster of words ever could. Even louder than the crowd who chanted Ekzel’s name- not out of respect, but out of absolute fear.

“You hear that!?”, Ekzel asked his opponent with a wide, yellow-toothed grin. “They know who the king is, and they KNOW he can’t be beaten! What chance does an upstart like YOU got, huh?!”

“Tune them out, Jaki.”, Bloggy said from Jaki’s comm-link. “They’re just stuck in the middle of the status quo. Once you win, all the rebels’ll start crawling out from the woodwork.”

“Nothing to say, huh…” Ekzel raised his hammer in a rage, indicating the start of the match as he raced forward. “You think you’re better than me!?

Jaki57

Both fighters immediately began exchanging blows. With her four legs, Jaki had the advantage in speed where Ekzel did not, but the king’s own internal enhancements boosted his reflexes when simply absorbing Jaki’s strikes with his massive body was not an option.

The combatants were armed with their own personal force-fields, which not only boosted their resistances to the harsh elements of the surface world, but made them both exceedingly difficult to take down. Despite this, the sheer output of their strength broke through their forcefields in mere minutes, and the crowd was quickly treated to a raw display of pure aggression and violence. Bones were broken, blood and mechanical fluids were spilled against the stained ground below, and bits of technology was reduced to shards littering the ground. And yet, the fight continued without either one standing down. The fight was only momentarily paused as both fighters took a moment to regain their lost breath.

“Its a close fight, Jaki!”, Bloggy spoke from within her ear. “His external EPP is damaged, and the technovirus from your hammer is eating away at his regenerative enhancements- but critical damage has been done to your armor and actuators. Its time to stop playing around and use that little something we’ve been cooking up!”

“Huuuh…haaaah…you ain’t bad, kid…”, Ekzel wheezed out with begrudging respect. “Ain’t no one’s survived this long against the king…but its been time to wrap this up.”

Ekzel pulled what appeared to be a metallic orb from his pack; upon pressing it, a swarm of nanobots emerged, covering his body and momentarily emitting a flash of light…

Jaki48

The gluttonous ruler was now seated in a shuttlecraft, his thick arms inserted into the vehicle’s controls. The circuits implanted in his body faintly glowed through his blue, blubbery skin as he unleashed a pulverizing payload upon his opponent, causing the arena to shake with a massive explosion.

If not for the shield generator below the arena, he surely would have caused the entire underground to crumble not only on his opponent, but himself and the audience. As a result, the arena remained standing…but what of Jaki?

Jaki60

Ekzel’s boisterous laughter was cut short as a massive mech suddenly burst through the billowing smoke, sending an uppercut straight into Ekzel’s flying vehicle.

“WH-WHAT!?”

Mechs weren’t terribly uncommon in the arena- but ones built to endure such punishment were seldom seen. Its sudden appearance immediately infuriated the deranged Deadbeat.

“Where’d you get that!?”, Ekzel shouted with a hint of fear in his face. “I turned off the teleporting signal! Where did you get that freaking mech!?”

Jaki smirked. “You don’t need to beam down mechs if you’ve got nanotechnology.”

Jaki61

This was something Jaki and her group of rebels had been planning for a long time. Building a functioning mech was one thing, but building one from nanobots was another. Such a method would usually compromise a construct’s physical defenses- a flaw that was exploited as Jaki sent an explosive round of missiles into Ekzel’s flying weapon.

Jaki65

The shuttlecraft broke apart into many flaming pieces, causing Ekzel to plummet to the ground. As he struggled to get back up, the looming figure of Jaki in her mech cast a terrifying shadow over the grotty, green-haired glutton.

“Wait! WAIT!”, Ekzel pleaded as he gestured for Jaki to stop. “I surrender! I learned my lesson-”

Jaki66

Ekzel’s plea was cut short as Jaki fired a second round of misses, immediately reducing his body to atoms from the resulting explosion.

“…NOW you’ve learned your lesson.”

The crowd immediately fell silent from the display, slowly absorbing what they had witnessed. The treacherous tyrant was gone…but what did this mean for them?

Even Jaki had to pause…though, this pause was brief. Upon accomplishing what she set out to do, Jaki knew that she had to assert the new status quo. In front of everyone.

“Ekzel is DEAD!”, Jaki shouted from the top of her lungs. "In his place, I’M your new leader- and as your new leader, I say the starvation ends TODAY! If anyone’s got a problem with that…you can answer to me RIGHT NOW!!"

Jaki76

Months passed since Jaki’s promise…and the wasteland’s new ruler did not fail to deliver. As an abundance of food filled the empty bellies of her fellow scavengers, the wasteland quickly warmed up to their new management. The colony was able to work much more efficiently with the new surplus of nutrition, quickly producing more Solarium and expanding their colony further.

Perhaps…more literally than figuratively.

Jacki46

As the new leader, Jaki was treated to a myriad of opportunities that were not available to her when Ekzel was in charge. While continuing to provide for her colony, Jaki now had access to only the most accomplished cooking connoisseurs in the galaxy. No longer did she have to survive on raw meat. Instead, she was treated to many extraterrestrial delights, from Endomorphic Jelly, to Oculemon Meringue, to Quiche Lorraine and many others.

Jacki50

More than a year later, Jaki’s new wealth began to show; she not only upgraded the mechanical legs she had grown to favor over her old ones, but what remained of her original body began to thicken. Her ribs were no longer visible, as a soft muffin top developed around her abdominal region, right below a pair of ample, undeniably jaunty breasts.

Jacki49

Bloggy, the Penguin who helped her reach this state of power with help from his tech, suggested adding a slimming function to her mechanisms. While she did consider, Jaki had also grown to enjoy her new midriff as much as her new legs. Instead of simply flaunting her new body about as an act of arrogance like her former leader however, Jaki decided that the added weight would be a sign of her survival- proof that she was indeed, eating well for the first time in years.

Jaki71

Still, Jaki was not without her enemies. There were members of her colony who aimed for her position, enemies of the territory who sought to claim its resources, surviving foes of Ekzel hungry for revenge, and intergalactic police seeking to end her trades.

Jaki30

And yet, despite her piracy and plundering, Jaki has provided for her territory, even forming something of a tightly-wound brotherhood amongst her people. In the following years, Jaki would grow to be loved and respected by her peers…which, in terms of Ekzel, was usually one or the other.

This is not to say that her rule is flawless or scrupulous, however. After ten years, Jaki’s quickly-established industrialization has taken over a quantifiable portion of the planet. The planet itself, which was once rich with Solarium, was now beginning to burn out its resources. The already scarce population of wildlife decreased from over-hunting, giving rise to mutated species as over-industrialization continues to fill the air with toxic fumes.

Jaki35

In addition, trade routes to Earth had been cut off indefinitely due to the cataclysmic event of The Ruin. The frequent showers of oil falling from the noxious clouds above wouldn’t be enough. Jaki needed to find a new resource- one which would keep her territory on the starmaps and feed her colony at the same time.

With some reluctance, Jaki has settled on a new resource. This incredible substance is easy to produce, can be used to craft highly effective weapons, and can be found almost everywhere in the universe. With the proper processing, it can even be used as an infinite source of food.

Will Jaki find use for this highly valuable substance?

Chelle27

Or…will she succumb to its addictive effects…?

That sums it up for Jaki’s backstory. Feedback is highly appreciated; it took days of planning to conjure this story, and the pictures that followed. Hope you all liked it!

3 Likes

I’m loving all of these stories. But I really did like Futoi’s character. Is there any chance we’ll get a continuation of her story?

1 Like

I was running out of steam for her story, but she might return. I have a few plans for her in the works.

“Mmmph…mmmhn…”

Loud, heavy gulps. Soft, faint whimpers. Wet, gassy gurgling.

These strange noises, emitted by an excessively corpulent Hylotl, added to the ambient sounds of the test facility. Multiple but minor cascades of an odd yellow liquid leaked from the otherwise secure connection between the pump and her mouth, tricking down her many chins and forming a small, overflowing pool between the cleavage of her exceedingly bountiful bosom. Her immense, sloshing stomach, over-abundant with thick blubber and painfully capacious with this strange, buttery substance, slowly continued to expand like a balloon fastened to a running faucet.

She felt as if any subtle, minute movement could cause her body to burst…considering that she could even move at all. The pressure of fatigue added to the ample weight of her whale-sized body, as she struggled to keep her heavy eyelids open. All the while, a subtle, yet persistent voice whispered in her mind, coaxing her from beneath a cacophony of incoherent thoughts.

More.

More.

MORE.

All other thoughts began to fade as the voice continued to whisper, the silence of each rational thought giving volume to gluttony. Soon enough, the voice had become the loudest thing in her mind, drowning everything else out. She didn’t even hear the strained creaking of the metallic floor beneath her.

Then…with one last CRACK, the flooring gave way to the Hylotl’s gargantuan form as she plummeted into a sea of darkness, never to be seen again…

“Every. Night. I’ve been plagued with that same nightmare every single night since that horrid incident. The people I’ve looked up to weren’t able to help me, all falling into the same void I had encountered in my nightmare. I tried to save myself from this madness, but it threatens to consume my very soul…so now, I stand before you, humbled and humiliated, as I desperately seek your wisdom.”

Upon hearing Futoi’s heartfelt plea, an elderly, whiskered Hylotl lowered his head, closing all three of his eyes.

“My heart…it quakes for you, young one…but rest assured, you need not say more for my assistance.” The whiskered Hylotl turned his body towards the neon mass of scaly flesh before him, looking up to the sorrowful sumo’s face with a warm, welcoming smile. “This dojo is new and requires more work for my liking- but starting today, it will be your home.”

Futoi bowed her head. “Thank you so very much. I doubt my ability to do battle in my current state of mind and being. I will be looking forward to working with you.”

“Please, there’s no need to be so formal.”, the whiskered Hylotl said in a calming tone. “I’m sure you’ll get along fine with the others. They too, have experienced so much in their lives far too quickly. But in the meantime, I believe a tour of the dojo is in order.”

Futoi91

Another Hylotl, clad in a beautifully vibrant kimono and donning an ornamental headdress stepped forward. While she was nowhere as mountainous as Futoi, her plump body bounced and bobbed as she came into the room, hips swaying left to right as she carried a tray of baked delights.

“We’ve been expecting you.”, the vibrant Hylotl smiled warmly. “As the head matron, I shall be guiding you through the dojo…but first, would you be interested in a small snack?”

Futoi’s eyes were immediately locked onto the treats. Ever since the incident, her hunger had become exceedingly difficult to control, as five minutes without food felt like five years. She let out an inelegant yelp in place of a proper confirmation…but quickly corrected herself with a cleared throat, cheeks becoming rosy with embarassment.

“Yes, please…”

Futoi still wasn’t quite used to having someone climb her like the mountain she was just so she could eat, but the vibrant Hylotl was happy to lend a helping hand. After feeding her cravings, Futoi was finally ready to begin the tour.

The dojo, as Futoi would learn, was well-accommodated for those of abnormal size and weight, much like herself. Gone was the worry of squeezing through tiny passageways, as large, automated doors allowed someone as large as she was to waddle through, without the need to turn a single knob. What stood out to Futoi the most however, were the underwater passageways which led to the other rooms.

Futoi was absolutely elated when she took a dive into the passageways. Compared to her ungainly shuffling on the surface, swimming proved to be a faster and easier alternative of locomotion, even at her size.

Perhaps adding to her elation was the fact that she wasn’t swimming in ordinary water. In fact, it was healing water, imported from a vibrant planet, blossoming with abundant life. Healing water has been known to revitalize the bodies of fatigued travelers, though the owners of the dojo firmly believed that healing water could also cleanse the soul. When Futoi emerged from the heavenly liquid, she felt much better than when she arrived.

Eventually, Futoi would return to the surface and continue her tour of the dojo. She was soon led to the cafeteria…and upon witnessing its occupants as she emerged from the water, she immediately froze.

“Oh, you’re the new one!”

“Greetings- are you Futoi?”

“I’ve heard many things about you. I hope you are well.”

A small group of oversized Hylotl were there to welcome Futoi, all of them massive to some degree as they held comparably tinier snacks in their chubby fingers. Even with how many supersized Hylotl she had seen, Futoi was still not used to quite a sight. On top of this, despite her recent swim, Futoi didn’t feel very social. A part of her wanted to dive back into the water, but she did muster the courage to say hello.

“They have also come here to heal, in the midst of this epidemic.”, the vibrant Hylotl told Futoi. “Don’t be shy! They’ll treat you splendidly.”

Futoi was slightly eased by their friendly faces, though her eyes and nose did wander across the cafeteria. It was then that she noticed, beyond the blocking bodies of the humongous Hylotl before her, the kinds of food that was being served at this dojo.

Many of the foods there didn’t look like anyone on a diet would even consider eating. Dozens of glazed and jelly-filled donuts, slightly steaming bags of deep-fried takeout, and among all, enormous pancakes stacked as high as a small shuttlecraft were laid on the tables, all to be consumed by the obese occupants of the cafeteria.

And Futoi wanted all of it.

She shut her eyes, attempting to avert her gaze from the tempting treats as her swollen stomach vociferously demanded to be fed. Already, she could feel her urges take control- and before Futoi knew it, her body moved on its own.

Jiggling and juddering like an oversized plate of pudding, Futoi shuffled towards the treats…but only to collide into the colossal Hylotl in front of her. The colorful mixture of blobs trembled upon collision as Futoi ungracefully attempted to shove and slide her blubbery body between them, her peers letting out sounds of surprise and confusion. Somehow, she managed to slip past the whopping walls of scaly flesh and proceeded to grab what she could reach- namely, the pancakes.

At first, she couldn’t actually reach the pancakes with her fat little arms, but with a boost forward from her thick, stubby legs, she managed to roll onto her stomach as her own face came crashing down into the buttery, syrup-laden cakes with a dull PLOP. Like lowly livestock, Futoi thrust her face deeper into the dessert and messily munched away, with little regard for present company.

Before she knew it, the entire stack of pancakes had been completely consumed. Futoi’s syrup-drenched face now sat above her enormous breasts, which in turn, sat flat against the buttery plate below. Apparently caught in some sort of trance, or perhaps an food-induced coma, Futoi simply sat there, her body seemingly suspended in time as her belly sloshed and groaned. Breaking out of this moment of still was a tiny, high-pitched hiccup, causing Futoi’s titanic body to wobble ever so slightly…

Futoi94

“…and then we moved her to the bedroom after cleaning her up.”, the vibrantly colored Hylotl told her whiskered husband, not too long after the incident. “The other young women of the dojo have exhibited immense hunger, but I haven’t seen a case quite like this…are we truly capable of helping her?”

The elderly Hylotl stroked his chin, deep in thought as his wife explained the situation. “…I remain confident in my ability to aid these poor souls. She was exposed to the purifying power of our healing water. Slowly, but surely, she shall regain control as the others will.”

“Its my fault.”, the vibrant Hylotl frowned. “My passion for cooking has overpowered my better judgement. Is it truly wise to feed our students such large portions…?”

The whiskered sage immediately turned to his wife, gently raising her head with a single finger. “Their physiology has changed. Their own stomachs have expanded far beyond what’s possible for our anatomy. They will starve if they’re fed too little too soon.”

The sage’s wife gulped to herself, guiltily glancing away. “But poor Futoi-san…I have never witnessed such a loss of will, from a Hylotl no less…”

“The mind must heal before the body can.”, the sage said. “But for the time being, we must show Futoi that she is truly not alone. We shall continue to care for her, and everyone else residing at our dojo. I will not give up on her, or anyone else residing within these walls.”

A small smile formed on the vibrant Hylotl’s face. “We’ll need to expand the dojo. We will find ourselves swimming in flesh if we continue to take in every single Hylotl affected by this epidemic.”

To be continued…

5 Likes

A bit ironic, considering the fact that the dreams part happened for some time now and that this post was made now in comparison to the last part of Futoi

1 Like

This part takes place after Futoi was rescued from the Apex deviant. She’s dealing with the PTSD from the incident, which bought her to this new dojo for guidance months after.

1 Like

Ok I believe you

But seriously, I hope Futoi gets to recover from this soon enough, there must be some part in her mind that wants to be able to muster up as much willpower as she can, even in hopeless situations

Maybe in a scene that has her standing in her own mind, she has to fight back against the endless amounts of lard monsters to be able to truly resist addiction?

1 Like

She will eventually. The healing water will aid her in recovery as she makes new friends.

I can see something like that happening. I have a few concepts which may lead up to this, but I don’t want to spoil them!

Nearly two weeks had passed since Futoi’s inclusion into the dojo, located in an asteroid floating within the solar system of Syrma Gamma. She trained alongside her fellow students, and when possible, helped maintain the dojo during her free time. Futoi had firmly established herself as a hard worker, which the other students quickly took a liking to.

Futoi114

Still, Futoi’s time at the dojo was not one devoid of difficulty. Even though most of the other Hylotl liked her, Futoi remained distant. Her time in the Apex facility did not do any favors for her social grace; for someone so large, Futoi had grown rather submissive and self-conscious- a far cry from the battle-hardened warrior she used to be.

“What if they feel abhorrence for me, beyond their warm smiles?” Futoi had to wonder. “What if they secretly mock me for my lack of composure around my meals?”

While most of the students were just as large as Futoi, they had certainly shown progress in their ability to curb their hunger and lose weight. Meanwhile, Futoi continued to eat herself into a trance, and only witnessed minute results upon stepping on the scale. She may have wished to become large and formidable, and may have learned to use her gigantic size to her advantage, but a nagging possibility continued to taunt Futoi in the back of her mind.

What if she never stopped growing?

What if she were to become so massive, that her already stubby limbs would be reduced to uselessness as they became submerged in an endless sea of blubber? What if her belly, billowing with fat and nearly bottomless as it was, only continued to expand until the feeling of fullness was just a memory? Would her head even be recognizable from the rest of her body? From how much Lard she had consumed, and how it practically altered her physiology from the inside out, and from what she heard, it was possible. She’d no longer be a warrior, but instead, a continent of flesh that would only continue to seize valuable space as time went on.

The thought terrified her.

Futoi104

Nevertheless, Futoi’s spiritual training continued. She spent hours in the healing water as it flowed through the ease-of-access passageways within the space station. The healing water slowly but surely retarded the effects of Lard consumption for most of the Hylotl residing in the dojo, though Futoi’s results were much slower than others. At least the healing water’s cleansing energies seemed to take more effect on Futoi’s mind, momentarily washing away her doubts and insecurities. As time went on, Futoi slowly regained her confidence and began to open up to the truly kind souls inhabiting the dojo.

The following month, a verdict would be passed concerning Futoi’s progress. The details of whether she was succeeding or receding would be revealed, dictating her new course of action…

“Did you request an audience with me, sensei?”, Futoi asked the whiskered sage one day, while most of the other pupils were out running errands as part of their training.

“Indeed, Futoi-san.”, the sage nodded, arms folded behind his back. “I have called you here to announce the results of your training.”

Futoi gulped. She wanted to cross her thick, sausage-like fingers in anticipation, but she didn’t truly believe in such superstition. Instead, she steeled herself for the incoming news, muscles tensing beneath the broad layers of fat covering them. “I-I see. I humbly await my results.”

The whiskered sage cleared his throat, a small lapse of silence following soon after. This did not ease Futoi’s tension as her heart nearly skipped a beat when her sensei finally spoke.

“In short, you’ve made remarkable progress emotionally and mentally. Your occasional urges and reported nightmares don’t seem to be as frequent as they were when you first arrived. However…”

Futoi held her breath. She was relieved to hear that she was making progress, but now the suspense was nearly killing her. What was the bad news…?

“…Medical results show that the Lard has greatly altered your body, even more so than the other students.”, the whiskered Hylotl frowned. “Currently, its not known whether or not your body will fully recover from the effects.”

“…Oh…”, Futoi uttered in disappointment, glancing down at her enormous body. She rested her stout, tubby arms atop her bulbous bosom, clenching her fists. “…I figured as much…”

“Do not be discouraged, young one.”, the whiskered Hylotl motivated. “The future is uncertain, which is why you must focus on the present. And in the present…I believe we should start working on that reach of yours.”

Futoi broke out of her somber reflection as she blinked at her tutor. “Reach? I…do not follow.”

“Your arms.”, the tutor pointed. “You’ve learned to adapt to your body, compensating for your size and weight- but this compensation is only so limited. As a sumo, you struggle to unleash accurate palm strikes…especially when your opponent is no taller than I.”

The pink sumo looked down to her arms a second time. He did have a point; even out of battle- especially out of battle- Futoi was unable to perform actions such as clothing and bathing without external assistance. This dojo was built for the needs of Hylotl like her, but the rest of the universe surely wasn’t. Nearly everything in Futoi’s world was constantly out of reach.

“As you already know, sumo wrestling isn’t just about size, but skill.”, the sage continued. “I shall teach you a skill that uses the world itself as an extension of your own body…”

To show Futoi what he meant, the whiskered Hylotl instructed Futoi to enter the sumo ring within the dojo. When she swam to the surface, he and another Hylotl was already there, waiting for her…

“This is Kaede.”, the whiskered sage said as he introduced the hulking Hylotl next to him; she appeared to be as large as Futoi, if not larger. She wore a serene gaze, yet her ruby eyes were sharp and alert, almost piercing through Futoi’s soul like lasers. “She’s one of my more established pupils, before I found this dojo. The technique I’m going to teach you has helped her during these trying times.”

Kaede bowed her head. “Pleased to make your acquaintance. But granted, I was much smaller…”

Futoi couldn’t help but feel a little nervous considering she didn’t know what to expect. Still, she gave her would-be opponent a friendly smile, bowing in return. “Likewise.”

“Kaede isn’t nearly as strong or as fast as you are.”, the whiskered sage said frankly. “Though her spiritual awareness transcends her heaving physical form.” He then stepped away from the two, as he proceeded to explain the objective. “The rules of this match is simple- try to push each other into the surrounding water. Per usual. You both have ten minutes; I shall be counting how many times either of you are pushed out of the ring.”

“Understood.”, Futoi nodded, before turning to Kaede. “Let us have an honorable match.”

“Futooooi! Do you beeeest!”, the sage’s vibrantly dressed wife cheerfully cried out from behind the spectator’s terrace.

3 Likes