Starbound Big Fatties: "Modded" Items

No problem at all. I’m not the best with tech either sometimes :slight_smile:

Yeah especially since I’ve just gotten the game and am learning to play and mod it as I go as is my custom lol

so you just copy and paste in the game and it works just like that?

1 Like

You paste it into the console, but yes! The “modded” items don’t need any new assets you don’t already have; they’re just existing items with special behaviors manually assigned. All Starbound needs to know is what you want the item to do. That’s what you’re copying and pasting.

1 Like

Does anyone have any idea what type of effects I would need to make an item that maxes out your fat level? like a stim pack that boosts you all the way to immobile for example.

Whenever I try to extend the duration of the effects it doesn’t seem to actually do anything

2nd question, what are all of the effects added by BF/Where could I find them?

1: The way the effects work is that though the slow effect lasts for the entire duration, the actual “food” of it is administered immediately upon being afflicted. The closest to the immobile boost you can get would probably be stacking ALL of the effects on top of one another, even then you won’t get much out of it.

2: Well to save you the trouble I decided to do a bit of digging thanks to File Viewer Plus. It might not be 100% (some of the status effects were from regular Starbound) but it covers the BF stuff.

List of Food Status Effects
"forcefed" , "buffetdrink" , "buffettiny" , "wellfed" , "buffet" , "buffetmilkshake" , "fatattack" , "fatray" , "buffethuge" , "engorged" 
List of Liquid Stuff
"bfchocolateslow" , "bfhoneyslow" , "bfhoneyheal" ,  "greaseburning"
List of Other Effects
"npctracker" (Used in stuff like the fatray and squirt gun) , "antifatray" (bugged) , "badgereset" (only for the digestion squirt gun)

Ah, gotcha. Thank you so much!

1 Like

So I don’t know why I thought this or if it’s even possible, but how about a Collar on pets that, when they die, they explode into lard. I thought it could be fun.

It MIGHT be possible with something like the Fire Bomb Collar but I have not tried yet

I mean, might as well give it a shot, right?

I did a bit of digging. The death bomb part actually is not from some “on death do this”, but rather a status effect that is always applied to the pet. The effect is "deathbomb(electric/fire)" so that’s out the window unfortunately. It could be possible but with the current system it is way out of my league.

Ahhh alright, well, thank you anyways!

2 Likes

Patch 5 "Excess Blubber Shipment is now live! This patch focus on one thing; overkill. Most of the items are ridiculously fattening to the point where balance is practically non-existent (though there is a little for the guns). There are 3 guns, 2 consumables, and 1 furniture item in this pack so feel free to try them all out! As of now I’m busy so they’re likely won’t be another patch for quite some time. Don’t forget that if you’ve come up with any custom items let me know so that perhaps I could make a community-made patch this next time.

2 Likes

What is the avali mod? Not sure what mod gave me 'em, but I have gotten some random avali cosmetic items from chests during my adventures.

For the immobilizing stimpak, it crashed me and said there’s no status called “welfed”

change “welfed” to “wellfed”

2 Likes

Oh I did! I was letting him know so he could fix the post. Ya know?

2 Likes

The milk sprayer and the room flooder do nothing. “mootantmilk” and “moontantsludgeballoon” aren’t projectiles.

Hang on, are you using the regular BigFatties or the Work-In-Progress version? If you’re using the old version it won’t work because those aren’t in the file. If you’re using the WIP one however those are a thing along with a whole bunch of other items. Btw I fixed the ‘welfed’ spelling error with the stim pack and added notices to the Milk Sprayer and Room Flooder that they require the WIP version to work properly. Thank you for catching those!