Starbound Big Fatties: "Modded" Items

Where is the WIP version exactly?

Itā€™s on the Big Fatties discord server, youā€™ll need to ask Dispatch about that

2 Likes

!!!Important Announcement for Patch 6!!!

I would like to announce that Patch 6 is going to be a community update. What does this mean? Well if you yourself have made custom weapons, armors, furniture, consumables, or other items using the JSON system like I have (modifying properties of existing stuff) then it can and probably will be put into the next patch. As for how long the submission period lasts Iā€™ll keep it up until I reach around 6-8 items, though ideally I would like to have it released within the next 1-3 months. Thereā€™s no limit for how many items you can submit to me though try to limit it to a maximum of 2 so that other creators can have their chance in the spotlight as well.

The main motivator behind this move is that because of being back on a schedule and feeling like Iā€™ve run out of ideas, I wanted to give the community a chance to shine in my semi-absence. With that being said donā€™t think that I wonā€™t try to create some stuff myself, I just feel so burnt out and busy at the moment that making another patch would result in an uninspired dumpster fire. Depending on how well this goes I might do more community updates in the future and perhaps make some sort of fun competition out of this (though Iā€™m not the best at hosting events). Now get out there and show me what you can make!

Submission period will end on November 15th if the maximum amount of submissions has not been achieved (8). If this number is reached earlier, the submission period will end and the patch will be released (hopefully) soon after

1 Like

I wonder if this means I can make some kind of skunk related thing in the mod?

Just a reminded that the community event deadline is 3 months away and there has been NO SUBMISSIONS. I repeat, there has been no submissions. If you have an item you made in the community update, message me with the info and I will add it in with credit given to you. I really want to do more of these community updates in the future but from what itā€™s looking like I might not be able to do these since no one is participating. Donā€™t be shy, just let me know if you want it in. Also at this point, I am removing the submission cap so if you want to make all 8 items for the community patch you can go right ahead (Iā€™ll also probably name the patch after you as well).

honestly the generator provided is a bit confusingā€¦ no option for status effects that i can see (i want to make something with the bloatware disc texture but it acts like the blob crown)

Iā€™ll admit the generator is far from perfect, I usually just type the custom item up in a Word document and use the generator to understand how a certain item works. With certain items they have the ā€œstatus effectsā€ already on them but with most armors you need to add that yourself. Feel free to DM me if you want some help with it, though it might be out of my league

honestly rn iā€™ve just been opening notepad, pasting in some of the already made commands and making a list of every effect (not all are listed) and how to structure certain items so i can remember later

honestly pretty fun

1 Like

It takes getting used to (Iā€™m still not 100% used to it) but itā€™s a blast when you figure out how things work

it rlly is haha
i can share some of the ones iā€™ve made so far if you want
i was gonna make a post explaining more in-depth with my own but i dunno

2 Likes

Yes please! The community patch event is still live (and will be for 2 more months) so I might be able to add the items into the community update under your name

alright cool
most of these are honestly really bad but itā€™s just me messing around haha

oh and, some of the effects might be a bit dumb, you can change those idc
iā€™m still trying to document exactly what each does and how severe the fattening is

The Lard Launcher Extreme - Literally the same as some weapon in the actual post, but with Lard Balloons (only weapon, theyā€™re a bit complicated for me) also, if you want the lard to actually stay, i recommend building a small pit that has foregrounds (or it disappears)

Spawn Command

/spawnitem lardnadelauncher 1 '{"shortdescription":"Lard Launcher Extreme", "description":"Dunk yourself in this stuff and watch the numbers grow.", "tooltipKind":"Base", "primaryAbility":{"scripts":["/items/active/weapons/ranged/gunfire.lua"],"class":"GunFire","fireTime":0.20,"baseDps":0,"energyUsage":100,"inaccuracy":0.1,"burstTime": 0.02,"burstCount":6,"projectileCount":10,"fireType":"burst","projectileType":"lardballoon","projectileParameters":{"speed":40,"knockback":0},"stances":{"idle":{"armRotation":0,"weaponRotation":0,"twoHanded":false,"allowRotate":true,"allowFlip":true},"fire":{"duration":0,"armRotation":7.5,"weaponRotation":7.5,"twoHanded":false,"allowRotate":false,"allowFlip":true},"cooldown":{"duration":0.15,"armRotation":7.5,"weaponRotation":7.5,"twoHanded":false,"allowRotate":false,"allowFlip":true}}},"critChance":0,"critBonus":0,"builder":"/items/buildscripts/buildunrandweapon.lua"}

Very Soft Armchair - A soft chair thatā€™ll make you soft too.

Spawn Command

/spawnitem woodenarmchair2 1 '{"description":"Better not sit in this too long, or you might not be able to get out...","shortdescription":"Very Soft Armchair","sitStatusEffects":["wellfed"]}'

Suspicious Stim Pack - Doesnā€™t actually work, I canā€™t figure out why but Iā€™ll include it. Meant to be a pack between the Fattening and Immobilizing one.

Spawn Command

/spawnitem yellowstim 1000 '{"description":"The effects aren't very known...","shortdescription":"Suspicious Stim Pack","effects":[[{"effect":"engorged","duration":3},{"effect":"digestionaid","duration":10},{"effect":"digesting","duration":10}, {"effect":"buffet","duration":25}]]}'

Chenk Branded Software - Chenk is a fictional company I decided would make some of the items hahaā€¦ this item is actually Glitch themed (I want to make more race themed items once I learn more)

Spawn Command

/spawnitem neoback 1 '{"shortdescription":"Chenk Branded Software", "description":"It sure is software... in a more literal sense.", "statusEffects":["buffetdrink"]}'

Exoskeleton Legs 2.0 - Practically the same as 1.0 except you get swim boost tooā€¦ the wikis donā€™t have the internal things for effects so I couldnā€™t really find another way to go faster. Will do more research though, so that blobs and stuff can still move pretty good.

Spawn Command

/spawnitem perfectpants 1 '{"shortdescription":"Exoskeleton Legs 2.0", "description":"The exoskeleton legs meant for blobs and the like.", "statusEffects":["bflowgrav","shiprunboost","jumpboostfood","runboostfood","shipjumpboost", "runboost20","jumpboost20", "swimboost"]}'

Throne of Absolute Gluttony - My first ever item (I think?) that basically makes you immobile the second you sit on it.

Spawn Code

/spawnitem birdthrone 1 '{"description":"Seems enchanted by a very fattening spell... best not get anywhere near it.","shortdescription":"Throne of Absolute Gluttony","sitStatusEffects":["wellfed", "buffethuge", "buffetdrink", "buffet", "buffetmilkshake", "fatray", "fatattack", "disgesting", "disgestionaid", "buffettiny", "forcefed"]}'

thatā€™s all i got for now. iā€™ve made so many other items but they either sucked and/or i forgot to keep them in the txt file (99.9% all the second one)

2 Likes

I could possibly tweak some of them to work better but I like what I see for far. Iā€™ll get myself some rest (very late at night where I am right now) then Iā€™ll probably talk about it some more in DMs

Quick question, I made a couple of items, should I post them to the topic or directly message you?

1 Like

hey, testing out a new thing
iā€™ve gotten into actually modding (working on a small big fatties add-on at the moment) which means scowering every folder and .object, .lua and .activeitem the unpacked version of big fatties has. iā€™ve discovered a few things that might be helpful?

thereā€™s another buffet tier that is only used in a few items called buffetmegaā€¦ i tried putting it on a neoback but it didnā€™t seem to work. iā€™ve tried putting it in a stimpack but i donā€™t know if it works yet, though iā€™ll put it here to see if anyone else wants to test it

Testing Stim

/spawnitem greenstim 1000 '{"description":An experimental stim pack...","shortdescription":"Experimental Stim Pack","effects":[[{"effect":"buffetmega","duration":3}]]}'

thereā€™s also an invisible effect that appears when on the treadmill, (simply called treadmill) though i canā€™t seem to get it to work no matter what. maybe someone else can have a hand at it?

1 Like

@Nopnopenohome Whichever one works for you, if you want to post them in the topic the go right ahead. If you just want to DM me them I will also be happy with that as well

@anon43433324 I have tried making armors with the treadmill status effect, but have not had much success. Also I am very interested in the this buffetmega effect.

1 Like

i am too, if you want an official example of it iā€™m like 98% sure the Dense Pizzap in the big fatties shop contains it

pretty sure it only works on consumables since it wonā€™t work on any armours or furniture i try it on

if you want i can send some screenshots of the files for it in discord

1 Like

Also I just wanted to post these for anyone else wanting mess with status effects:

Cleansing Stim Pack (For removing status effects)

/spawnitem redstim 1 '{"description":"Removes all status effects","shortdescription":"Cleansing Stim Pack","effects":[[{"effect":"statusimmunity","duration":10}]]}'

Effect Stim Pack (For Testing Status Effects)

/spawnitem redstim 1 '{"description":"Applies the desired status effect.","shortdescription":"Effect Stim Pack","effects":[[{"effect":"insert effect here","duration":40}]]}'

Quick question; does anybody know where to get the feed tube furniture? Canā€™t find it anywhere. Also, how do you lose weight quickly?

the feeding tube furniture file names are bfchocolatefeedingtube, bffeedingtube, bffeedingbed and just add npc to the end of the tubes for the npc versions

feedingbed doesnā€™t seem to do much and might not even work in game, itā€™s just in the files