Starbound Body Inflation Mod Help

Well, it needs to be revived, for some reason.

Just found these two sprites animation in the Big Balloons server, Maybe it can help to make of the sprites

Sprite Sheets:

Made by: The-Fox-of-Light

2 Likes

That’s good for the Inflated stat. But, I have a long LONG ways to go to add the other stats like At Limit.

2 Likes

Hoping to giving more inspiration for your progress. Maybe some spriting can help…

what will be left behind when someone pops? like you just air popped a bandit

Usually, if an enemy NPC drops an item normally after being defeated, they do just that. Otherwise, they disappear after being popped. If an enemy NPC is blueberry popped, however, they leave behind blueberry juice which, if touched, gives any NPC or player affected the Blueberry stat.

1 Like

So if you touch the blueberry liquid, you’ll gain the blueberry stat and slowly starting to inflate right?

1 Like

If the affected NPC bursts, and the player comes within the blast radius when they burst, yes.

1 Like

ah cool I was just more thinking if you air popped someone do they explode in to confeti?

cool beans, my novakid’s here, awesome.

2 Likes

can’t wait to see how your mod turns out, yo. hella cool stuff’s goin down here, an I wouldn’t mind helping out here or there

2 Likes

Well, that actually depends on whether the Fatal Bursting option is turned on or not. If it’s not, they explode into confetti. If it is, they’re gone for good. Thankfully, you can’t kill important NPCs.

1 Like

Oh thanks It’s good for more people enganging for more ideas for mods

oh cool I was talking on bandits over npcs though. you know guys trying to kill me

Well, I’m not sure what race bandits are, but I can tell you that this mod only works on the seven playable races of Starbound.

fair enough I was talking core game

Just made a couple of Item sprites for the mods, they are not 100% perfect but if somebody tweak and fix some things up i appreciate it.

Blimp Candy Blimp Candy
Bloat Beans Bloat Beans
Familiar Balloon Familiar Yellow Balloon
Tether Tether.

2 Likes

Those look good. There’s more things I want to personally share about this mod:

The fact that you immediately reach At Limit when in space without the proper equipment is likely a reference to one of DJ-Bapho’s artworks.
There are a total of 151 legitimate items that allow you or NPCs to inflate.
The familiar items take their SFX from their respective source games. I.E.: The Familiar Harpoon/Pump takes its SFX from a 1982 arcade game.
One of the 151 items is a gun based on a James Bond movie that has bullets that’ll make the victim puff up.
One of the enemies in the mod is based on a familiar pink video game character who first appeared in 1992.
One of the tools you can use to puff yourself up is also based on said pink character from 1992. Using it too much will give your character a pink skin tone and the TMK stat, which is the only stat gained from using this tool.

1 Like

What is the TMK stat?

Just made this another batch of sprite icons earlier in this day
Air Pump Air Pump
Oxygen Tank Oxygen Tank
Helium Tank Helium Tank
Iron Lungs Iron Lungs
Toy Balloon (R) Toy Balloon (Red)
Toy Balloon (B) Toy Balloon (Blue)
Toy Balloon (G) Toy Balloon (Green)
Toy Balloon (Y) Toy Ballon (Yellow)
Toy Balloon (T) Toy Balloon (Transparent)

1 Like