Starbound Body Inflation Mod Help

Have you ever watched the commercial for Kirby Super Star?

Oh… That one…

Anyway, i have some commentary about about the features you said earlier. Try to scrap up some of your concepts of references to make this mod a little bit more original, like removing the pink skin tone feature and the TMK stat, scrapping up the puffball mob, use the SB SFX instead of the source games, etc. Besides all that, it looks good though…

Oh, okay. Anyways, any other item sprites you want to show me? I have some more ideas for the 151 items.

Not yet, i’m kind of a beginner of this entire thing. But you can show up your other concepts of the 151 items so i can make more.

I don’t think there’s anything inherently wrong with references, just as long as the mod isn’t entirely composed of them.

1 Like

Tab made a good point, this mod is ok having a little amount of references, but it should not be overboard. Original ideas are surely welcome here.

2 Likes

Well, that’s good. Anyway, here are some more ideas:

Rarely, you can survive the At Limit stat before going back to normal in some cases. You may be at 1 HP because of a puncture wound, however.
The only tool to be shared with BF is the Burp Tool, which can be used to return to normal in case of carbonation overload.
There’ll be an in-mod store similar to the one BF has that can be generated for free. It has all 151 legitimate items.
There are several inflation based weapons like Bloat Grenades that let off a smoke that, if an NPC or player came in contact, puffs them up and the Inflato-Laser Gun.

2 Likes

i also want point up other ideas to contribute:

• Inflated with air will turn your body buoyant at water’s surface, but you can still “roll” while floating in the water

• Giant Canisters having the chance of containing a gas that will inflate you:
    Blue: Blueberry
    Yellow: Helium
    Purple: Air

• Bounce effect: Your character can bounce if your character is inflated with Air or blueberry’d. (Only with Inflated to At Limit stat)

• Blow Tool: You can blow your contents to another NPC’s (whether friendly or enemy) mouth to inflate them.

2 Likes

Those are some good ideas.

1 Like

It may be difficult but have you wondered about inflation Techs ideas can be applied in the mod?

Out of mixed curiosity and concern, do either of you have a plan for how you’ll be implementing inflated sprites?
If you plan on having the player roll around, you’ll smack headfirst into a major issue when it comes to the base sprite’s head, which is static.

1 Like

I am no good at making animated sprites neither big sprites, all i just did with the sprites was putting them together in layers in GIMP and export them as a GIF, which was quite simple.

I was thinking more along the lines of rotating the sprite in case we run into the issue.

Mm. That might work, seeing as the player sprite gets rotated 90° when you lie down in a bed, though I’m certain that it would require a lot of programming hoodoo.

yesterday i picked the sprite sheet from one of the characters from earlier and edited the sprites to make a naked human male template to make as pure as possible. Like i said earlier, i made in the GIMP, both the animation and the template. It’s not much but it can help.

Male Template Animation

Male Template

Would it be possible to make the sprite for the head invisible (like an empty png or gif) when the character is inflated?

1 Like

What do you mean? Explain it better, i’m a rookie in this area

I have no experience in sprites either, but I guess what I meant was on the sprite sheet for the character, or the separate head sheet if there is one, just leave the sheet blank when the player is inflated so the head doesn’t show up and you don’t have to worry about it being static

Then you could incorporate the head into the rolling body sprites like the one you already have

1 Like

There is a way to make the head “invisible” using a hat, but it wouldn’t help when it comes to a rolling animation, because you wouldn’t be able to “duplicate” the player’s head.

2 Likes

Assuming that this mod will be working under the Big Fatties method of expansion, we would be using armor sprites edited to resemble inflated bodies, and recolored using some kind of script or spawn condition to match the player’s body palette. The reason this would fail to work for rolling is that the game has no way to determine what hair or head modifications the player has, only the palette used on their body. Therefore, it wouldn’t be able to replicate the player head.

4 Likes