Starbound Body Inflation Mod Help

So are there other ways to edit the head in favor of better spriting?

1 Like

That, I’m unsure of. As I mentioned earlier, the vanilla game already forces the player sprite to rotate when entering a bed, so it does seem to be possible to at the very least move the position of the head that way, though I’m no coder, and it sounds like a bit of an undertaking to try and force the entire sprite into different rotational degrees mid-walk.
This is as much a scripting issue as it is a spriting one, so we’d need to ask someone who knows their way around Starbound’s code.

3 Likes

Here are some more ideas I came up with:

When inflated with water, you can squash enemies using your water weight. This OHKOs smaller enemies, but bigger enemies won’t take damage.
Your on-board pet will play with you when your either Inflated or Near Limit. Likewise, the pet will take cover when you’re At Limit.
One of the 151 in-mod items is an interactable giant bowling lane, and you can play as many times as you like, though your pet will sometimes cheat by knocking down a pin or two.
When inflated with helium, Novakids’ bodies glow brighter.
If the player is an Apex and is inflated, they can create static electricity which allows toy balloons to cling to them.

3 Likes

I just made a no head template from the last sheet and the discussion about spriting earlier:
So No Head

Nice. Any chance there’d be a female template, too?

You want a female template huh? So here it is, enjoy:

Female Template Animation

Female Template Animation (Original Size)

Female Template

So No Head Female

2 Likes

Thanks. Hopefully, there’ll be templates for the other six races of SB in the future. Also, some ideas:

Being inflated with air allows you to float on the surface of water.
Wild blueberries have a chance of inflating the player with blueberry juice.
Depending on your pre-set player character, there’s a 1-in-100 chance that they’ll be allergic to their own pet, causing them to automatically reach the Inflated stat. Thankfully, one of the 151 items happens to be a capsule that relieves the swelling for 24 in-game hours.

2 Likes

About the Inflated tier templates from the other six races, this duty can be a little arduous, because of the Human and the Novakid naked body don’t have anthing extra in his body, the other races some features in the body, the Florans with the leaf torso and the Glitches with their parts. And also i’m the only active “spriter” here…

I wasn’t asking you to make them. And besides, there’s more ideas to be had. I’ll share them with you sometime tomorrow. In the meantime, I’ve got to get some rest…

Wait, where’s Billy?
Standin

Billy, where are you?
Running Snugget Standin

(Fwomph!)

Godamnit Billy, how many times i have to say that i’ll blow up like a b’loon if ya going to jump on me like that!
Layed Down 2

Did this because i liked the concept of blowing up because of your allergy from your pets.

2 Likes

Oh dang, when’d this get so much progress done for it? Awesome!

Well thanks… There’s a lot more of progress ahead of it. this roundness is only the Inflated stat and there’s others inflation stats and other races to do. But you can help it if you can.

With how drastic the gameplay effects are, I’m assuming this is going to be incompatible with Big Fatties?

Actually “mod” itself is independent to BF so yeah incompatible, and there’ll be various change in the gameplay effects

As long as it’ll have inflation and it’ll be fun.

Suggestion: You people should write up a game design document where you can detail everything you want to add in the mod. That way it’ll be easier to avoid content bloat (heh), and you’ll have something to work towards instead of just adding stuff every now and again without a concrete idea on when the mod will be “complete.”

Having a solid plan for what you want might also help with recruiting more people for development.

How? Is it possible with Google Docs and such?

Okay, I’m back. Let me share a few more things about the mod:

One of the 151 items is called the Familiar Vacuum Cleaner. Care to guess which animation/live action film it came from?
Another enemy is known as Puffer Bee, and will cause the player to reach the Inflated stat when it stings.
A small number of enemies, some of which I’ve already described, are based on animals that are venomous (like snakes).
There happens to be a sale in the in-mod shop that happens either on Helium Day, Blueberry Month, or 10/10.

2 Likes

Anything works, really. There are plenty of design document templates online, some more detailed than others. As long as you have some kind of concrete design document, everything else will fall into place.

I also think a Discord server might be nice to track progress with.

iirc, there’s already one: The Big Balloons server.